Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

xtremedia

Broken In
Updated my 5800 to v20.0.012, here is my experience wid da device after updating :

1) Touch seems to be better especially in the web browser when scrolling large websites

2) Web browsing speed is increased and page rendering is much more quicker.

3) The amount of free RAM has decreased by about 3-4 MB.

4) A problem i read about on the net regarding the display changing HUE for 3-4 seconds appearing purplish and again becoming normal has appeared.it may happen 4-5 times in a day

wil update the list as i find some more things wid da device.And ppl share ur experiences too!

Last edited:

mikilbhatkar

Broken In
Updated my 5800 to v20.0.012, here is my experience wid da device after updating :

1) Touch seems to be better especially in the web browser when scrolling large websites

2) Web browsing speed is increased and page rendering is much more quicker.

3) The amount of free RAM has decreased by about 3-4 MB.

4) A problem i read about on the net regarding the display changing HUE for 3-4 seconds appearing purplish and again becoming normal has appeared.it may happen 4-5 times in a day

wil update the list as i find some more things wid da device.And ppl share ur experiences too!

" how did u achieve web browsing, im not able to connect thru wifi... it displays "No gateway found. Basically im not able to enter the DNS address.. Any idea how to configure it ?"

xtremedia

Broken In
I am not able to use WIFI on my phone... it displays "No Gateway Found". Anyone facing similar issue ?

I have GPRS active on my connection and browse using the same.
For a Wi-Fi access point proper configuration must be done on the host PC. Unfortunately i dont have Wi-Fi and dont know how to configure it.

The 'No Gateway Found' is shown when you havnt configured your wireless connection properly and hence no internet access is enabled thru it.

You have to search forum for enabling wireless in a home PC/router for accessing net on a laptop, the same funda should work for Mobile-phones.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Got new Handset today , I am unsure how to use secounddry camera etc . can anyone guide me what to do next

mikilbhatkar

Broken In
Hi All, I updated my phone to v20 but I am unable to edit the song information (Album, Artist etc) in the music player. Can anyone help here ?

rajhot

S60 rocks
Sorry, I meant i donno how to edit... Can you help me with the same ?
1. Open Music player.
2. Go to "All songs: view.
3. Highlight the song which u want to edit, press options -> Song details .

In the song details window u can edit all the info

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hey all 5800 owners please someone put up a UNBIASED review of 5800..

I have heard too much bad things abt it...in Mouthshut.com
*www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/Nokia_5800_XpressMusic-925103326.html
almost all the reviews r bad once..

I dont feel confident enough to recommend this phone to anyone...

Thank you:smile:

mikilbhatkar

Broken In
1. Open Music player.
2. Go to "All songs: view.
3. Highlight the song which u want to edit, press options -> Song details .

In the song details window u can edit all the info

@mikilbhatkar

Hi post your review of Nokia 5800XM

Hi All,

Got a red 5800XM few weeks back, would like to share my experience
what i liked about the phone :
1. The music quality is very good. Preferrably use a good in ear headphone instead of the ones provided by Nokia ( Im using my old Sony Walkman series in ear headphones, the sound quality is amazing)
2. Video playback is awesome, the resolution of the phone enables this superb video playback. the video playback was better than iTouch.
3. the TV out facility
4. The multiple messaging options. I specially enjoy the "Full QWERTY" keyboard layout, its fun smsing using this option. Also the handwriting option was good and responsive
5. Dedicated screen lock button.
6. The screen size is big enough enabling bigger buttons and fonts, which makes using the touchscreen user friendly
7. Proximity sensor is very useful. I had a bad time with my sony phones opening applications during call.
8. Acclerometer functionality of

Dislike:
1. Poor camera quality in low light conditions
2. Lack of dedicated scroller. (i miss this big time, was very much used to it on my last two sony touchscreen phones)
3. UI is bit slow. (Again comparing to Sony phones)

To summarize if ur a music / video fanatic... then this phone is the best deal

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks mikibhatkar...ur experience was useful...can u tell us abt the bugs and build...
Some questions..
1.does it make sounds while pressing the buttons...plastic once
2.Does the UI hangs often
3. Is the grip good enough
4. can we swap the pages by fingers(iphone type)
5. do we have themes available

Top Bottom