Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
so basically 5800XM is better than ipod touch when it comes 2 overall music capabilities
& how much does d ipod touch 8 or 16GB cost in india

THANK YOU sriharsha_madineni & ziha786 for all ur help really helps me 2 get a better understanding of d devices

Raj,apple india site rates for iTouch are 12800+tax(8GB),16100+tax(16GB),21000+tax(32GB)

I've also enquired from Reliance iStore Hyd,they said 8Gb costs about 15000,16GB costs about 18000,but 32GB is out of stock in many outlets.

does the earpiece problem been sorted out in new phones?

Which phone?

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Raj,apple india site rates for iTouch are 12800+tax(8GB),16100+tax(16GB),21000+tax(32GB)

I've also enquired from Reliance iStore Hyd,they said 8Gb costs about 15000,16GB costs about 18000,but 32GB is out of stock in many outlets.

You should get it for around 13k from local resellers :)

Which phone?

This thread is for which one ? ;)
And btw, Answer is NO! I asked a local NPD and he said some pieces still have that problem!

xtremedia

Broken In
OK now i have had one more extensive demo at reliance digital and is felt quite nice this time. I am all geared up to buy this one. Now my question is what would be the best store to buy it from:

1) Nokia dealer
2)Stores like TheMobileStore

I am asking this question because i found that the Warranty support are different.For example with MobileStore, i go for my warranty claims at a MobileStore outlet and NOT to a Nokia Service Center.
Which one would be better in terms of service support?

--->The reason why you felt there is a lag is because,unlike normal touchbased phones,5800 uses double click to open up certain menus.So the first time you clicked an icon you have just selected it and only when u press it again it actually runs.So that is why you might have felt this lag.
I've been using it for a month and i've never felt any lag.
But it takes time to figure out which one uses single tap and which uses double tap.

---->I do own an ipod touch 2g and i know the interface of it is lightyears ahead of any touchscreen device i've ever seen,courtesy its multitouch screen,Whereas in 5800 it is not multitouch hence the difference.But i feel 5800's screen looks much sharper

---->The real deal of 5800 is not its screen,its amazing sound output just blows you off.I was really amazed how such tiny speakers could make such a brilliant sound.But the camera sucks,no matter what i click they always appear grainy.

----->Forget about all the reviews,doubts etc etc if you have 20K to spend on a mobile,go get yourself the 5800,its the best phone(cost and features) at that price.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
You should get it for around 13k from local resellers :)

This thread is for which one ? ;)
And btw, Answer is NO! I asked a local NPD and he said some pieces still have that problem!
Hey i've never said that there is any problem with the 5800's jack.I said the problem was with the previous iphone(not 3G) and 2G iTouch's jack,not 5800's.Anyway the mass storage mode of 5800 is full of bugs,it keeps asking for chkdsk everytime i open any folder in the mem card.

OK now i have had one more extensive demo at reliance digital and is felt quite nice this time. I am all geared up to buy this one. Now my question is what would be the best store to buy it from:

1) Nokia dealer
2)Stores like TheMobileStore

I am asking this question because i found that the Warranty support are different.For example with MobileStore, i go for my warranty claims at a MobileStore outlet and NOT to a Nokia Service Center.
Which one would be better in terms of service support?

I guess it doesn't make any difference.I suggest,get it from mobilestore atleast you can expect some discount/offers.

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Hey i've never said that there is any problem with the 5800's jack.I said the problem was with the previous iphone(not 3G) and 2G iTouch's jack,not 5800's.Anyway the mass storage mode of 5800 is full of bugs,it keeps asking for chkdsk everytime i open any folder in the mem card.

Erm ?? :confused: ?? My answer
was for
does the earpiece problem been sorted out in new phones?

xtremedia

Broken In
finally bought 5800 blue colour at 18.5k and as i type this post from 5800's awesome browser i say that this thing rocks! Thank you sriharsha for clearing my doubts and recommending this thing

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
finally bought 5800 blue colour at 18.5k and as i type this post from 5800's awesome browser i say that this thing rocks! Thank you sriharsha for clearing my doubts and recommending this thing

Congrats brother and BTW nokia site has some free applications for 5800.
here's the link
*www.nokia.co.in/find-products/products/nokia-5800-xpressmusic/download-application
sms timer is really cool.

aks.1393

Right off the assembly line
Hey guyz ..... new to digit n new to the forum ....

anywayz i wanna buy 5800 once my board xamz are over ... a few questions abt 5800......

Q1. I hv my current savings around 13-14k .... i hv heard that 5800 is around 18k in metros ... u guyz hv idea wen'll it get a bit cheaper lik 15-16k .....

Q2. also, does this phone has a really nice muzic quality in the headphones .....

Q3. another thing i wanna know is that as u guyz said its speaker quality is amazing ... so lik i hv to use a couple of small speakers for my ipod nano for my room ..... this 5800 doesnt need any xtraa spekaers to play it without headphones ???

Q4.and howz the internet surfing xperience on it ??

Q5. Is it difficult to type with the QWERTY keyboard with fingers (cuz i hv heard sum rumours) ??

-ayush

xtremedia

Broken In
Hey guyz ..... new to digit n new to the forum ....

anywayz i wanna buy 5800 once my board xamz are over ... a few questions abt 5800......

Q1. I hv my current savings around 13-14k .... i hv heard that 5800 is around 18k in metros ... u guyz hv idea wen'll it get a bit cheaper lik 15-16k .....

Q2. also, does this phone has a really nice muzic quality in the headphones .....

Q3. another thing i wanna know is that as u guyz said its speaker quality is amazing ... so lik i hv to use a couple of small speakers for my ipod nano for my room ..... this 5800 doesnt need any xtraa spekaers to play it without headphones ???

Q4.and howz the internet surfing xperience on it ??

Q5. Is it difficult to type with the QWERTY keyboard with fingers (cuz i hv heard sum rumours) ??

-ayush

1) I bought it yesterday for 18.5k, no idea about price drops

2) Quality is excellent when playing back thru headphones and with clear highs and overall response i felt the difference even more as compared to N70 which i was using till now.

3) Speakers are Stereo and widely placed so u can feel the stereo effect even in loudspeaker mode.
Also handling is quite good though at 100% volume slight distortion may creep in in certain songs but as i said most of them play very nicely. keep volume at 80-90% and u have very good quality and loud music. You will never feel the need for EXTRA SPEAKERS.

4) Internet surfing is is also very good and for ur info it supports flash so u can directly view youtube videos using the standard website(i.e no youtube mobile necessary).

5)There are basically 4 input modes.
- In Full-Screen QWERTY mode the keys are quite big and pose no problem in typing using hand.

- In mini-qwerty key board u may feel the keys are small and few mis-types may occur.
But with 1-2 days use u get used to it or better use stylus in that mode.

- The handwriting mode is also quite good and accurate. In addition u may train it as per ur needs

- The alpha numeric mode presents a standard keypad feel and is very nice.

Last edited:

xtremedia

Broken In
Has anyone done the v20 firmware upgrade ? Some major features added to it...
-Mikil
it is not available for india product codes thru NSU or OTA. The only way to get it now is by changing your product code to generic Uk code.But will post as soon as it is available.

aks.1393

Right off the assembly line
whts the current price of the 5800
and can it connect with external speaker

you dont need any external speakers because it itself has vry loud spkrs ..... unless of course if u can connect if u r connecting with an expensive home theatre or sumthin .... lik i hv sony DZ-270 home theatre .... and the sound that comes out after connecting 5800 (thru its 3.5 mm jack) is awesome !!!

Top Bottom