Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

xtremedia

Broken In
You need to open the back cover to put the string. Put the string through the hole in the bottom left of the phone and hook the string inside. Its really hard to describe .

Anyway , have anyone installed the new picture viewer app from beta labs ? Looks awesome .
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
You need to open the back cover to put the string. Put the string through the hole in the bottom left of the phone and hook the string inside. Its really hard to describe .

Anyway , have anyone installed the new picture viewer app from beta labs ? Looks awesome

Yup the Photobrowser app is very good. Although its in beta it has some nice and neatly implemented features like magnification, panning etc. The feature that i like the most is the animation when switching from landscape to portrait and vice versa.

U can get it from
*betalabs.nokia.com/betas/view/nokia-photo-browser

fabler

Journeyman
Hi guys,

I've heard that nokia is making a gesture UI for its touch screen phones. Do you think that it would be also available on Nokia 5800XM ?

james347

Broken In
yes Nokia 5800 is truly finest touch screen phone Nokia has ever launched and to no surprise as i know Nokia has shipped one millionth of this touch screen phone in the market. what a great success..

rajhot

S60 rocks
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic in silver and we've got the pics to prove it

The original announcement of Nokia 5800 XpressMusic promised three color versions: Red, Blue and Black. Up until now only the red and blue ones have been available, but the grey-striped one will finally hit the shelves as well and here are the live shots to prove it.

Source : *www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5800_xpressmusic_in_silver_and_weve_got_the_pics_to_prove_it-news-877.php

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello folks,

I'm planning to buy this phone soon. Someone please clarify the following:

1) I plan to use a strap with this mobile (I mean the bands that you can fix to the bottom part of the phone, so that you can wear it around your neck). Does the phone have provision for this?
This is important because I use public transport a lot and I already lost my Nokia N73ME once.

2) Currently I'm in Germany. Is it better to get the phone from here or buy the same in India?

3) What's the latest price for this phone? I heard that it costs about 18.5k about a month back.

4) I also saw in a few websites that a silver color model is being released. Any idea when this is expected?

Thanks in advance.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
1) I plan to use a strap with this mobile (I mean the bands that you can fix to the bottom part of the phone, so that you can wear it around your neck). Does the phone have provision for this?
This is important because I use public transport a lot and I already lost my Nokia N73ME once.
Yes you can use a neck strap.
2) Currently I'm in Germany. Is it better to get the phone from here or buy the same in India?
If u are not bothered about warranty then you can buy it in india.Look at the price diff and buy it where it is cheaper.You will get a lot of preloaded(Bolly,Eng,Rahman's Connections) songs if you buy it in India.Finally it is your choice.
3) What's the latest price for this phone? I heard that it costs about 18.5k about a month back.
I guess it costs you the same now,but different sellers have different offers
some offer bundled earphones(sennheiser),some offer price discounts.
4) I also saw in a few websites that a silver color model is being released. Any idea when this is expected?
Yeah i too saw it.But no idea when it is gonna hit indian stores.Not soon though.

rajhot

S60 rocks
5800 XpressMusic Is UK's Best Selling Portable Music Player

Nokia UK claims that its first mass market touchscreen device has toppled Apple's iPod as UK's best-selling portable music player in 2009 which is not surprising at all considering that Nokia has managed to sold over 2.6 million units during the first quarter, with cumulative shipments of more than 3 million units since the 5800’s launch in late November 2008!

Latest GfK Retail and Technology UK figures for Jan-Mar 2009 have revealed that Nokia 5800 XM is 'The No.1 selling portable MP3 player in UK' in terms of both volume and values it defines a portable music player as any device capable to plays music and has a standard 3.5 mm audio jack.

Demand is likely high, UK operators selling phone still selling phone ‘like hot cakes’ and the Finnish mobile phone giant claims that Nokia 5800 is now shipping at nearly one m... .. .

Source : *www.symbian-freak.com/news/009/04/5800__best__selling_portable_mp3_player_in_uk.htm
Posted again:
New Firmware Update For Nokia 5800 XM Selectively Available On Nokia Software Updater!

Just a quick heads up, mostly a curiosity for those of you who haven't seen post about new firmware update for Nokia 5800 over at our forum section.

Our Mawerick reported earlier today that Nokia has rolled out a long-awaited software upgrade for the Nokia 5800 which is now available through the Nokia Software Updater but only for certain product codes from APAC region.

To be a little bit more precise, firmware version 21.0.025 is currently available for following HK product codes: 0575407, 0575408, 0581337 but it should be ready for most of the generic product codes from EMEA and APAC region within the next co... .. .

Source : *www.symbian-freak.com/news/009/04/new_firmware_update_for_nokia_5800_selectively_available.htm

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
What another update agian?V20 was released like just a month ago right.So this is a minor update or what? Change log is not there in the link.What more changes can we expect?

james347

Broken In
yes its true that New Firmware V21.0.025 is Selectively Available for Nokia 5800. This latest firmware update for the Nokia 5800 has started to circulate slowly. The update is available via NSU for product codes like 0575407, 0575408, 0581337 from some Asian regions only for now.

Source : Nokia 5800 Blog

Last edited:

raj_in

In the zone
looking for purely a multimedia phone with good camera & music.......& preferably touchscreen & sylish..........(sylish 5800 which is not)

sujoyp

Grand Master
looking for purely a multimedia phone with good camera & music.......& preferably touchscreen & sylish..........(sylish 5800 which is not)

Bro if u dont like 5800 then open a new thread:-x....this is only for 5800 lovers...

BTW try samsung pixon

james347

Broken In
100 Best Selling Games for Nokia 5800 now comes with Free Trials.. yes one website has 100 best selling games for nokia 5800 and whats new is that all the games comes with trial offer so that you can check them before buying them...

Source : Nokia 5800 Blog

raj_in

In the zone
Bro if u dont like 5800 then open a new thread:-x....this is only for 5800 lovers...

BTW try samsung pixon

its not tht i hate the phone............:shock:
but the camera cud have been better & looks cud hav been sleeker............
wud hav been the perfect phone then.....:razz:

Top Bottom