Official Nokia 5800 XpressMusic discussion thread

my friend bought for me at £ 181 (~Rs. 13000) and its unlocked. superb music quality and gr8 features like wifi,gps etc... i added many symbian softz in it...works fine...

*www.hotukdeals.com/item/334336/nokia-5800-on-virgin-payg-180-87-de/

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys check it out three new apps are added to the 5800 official applist.

*www.nokia.co.in/find-products/products/nokia-5800-xpressmusic/download-application

Anyone using headphones other than the ones supplied with 5800 ? If so which ?

Check out Sony MDR-EX85lp,i got it from grey market for 1200/-.Sound quality is really amazing.
*i4.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/09/f3/e97a_1_bol.JPG
*img24.imageshack.us/img24/9092/24123269.jpg*pics.tuke1.com/space/titanet/erji/ex85sl/ex85-021.jpg

Last edited:

mikilbhatkar

Broken In
I got my 5800 few days back... one thing i noticed was that i had to hear music/video thru the supplied headphone at almost maximum volume... is this common in all 5800's ? i even tried the apple itouch headphones.... but same response

Please comment

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
*vaibhavsharma.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/5800.jpg
Has anyone tried the new V20 firmware,the mass storage bug has been sorted out,UI is faster,geo tagging is added to the camera,the coolest upgrade is now you can edit mp3 tags in the phone itself.Here's the change log of new firmware.

• Faster operation, speed improvements for Java apps as well.
  • Geo-Tagging support for both camera and the video recorder.
  • Gallery loads much faster.
  • Improvements to the camera.
  • New music and download icons
  • Better touch sensitivity.
  • Flash applications now have a D-pad, like the java ones.
  • Improvements to Mass Storage profile stability.
  • 3 new application have been added. “app.update” (in the application menu), “Dictionary” and Search (for files and media in storage and web).
  • Better bass reproduction.
  • Ability to edit the Artist, Album, Genre etc in the Music Player.
  • Zoom, Full Screen and Pan options for Flash video.
  • Much faster screen rotation.
  • Voice recorded files now show up in the Sounds folder in the Gallery.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Sure it does,make sure that you uncheck the "keep aspect ratio" setting in any video converter you use and the resolution to 640X360.Now you'll be able to watch the converted videos in its native resolution.I prefer Format factory as it is free and there are conversion settings preloaded for almost all the available phones and pmp's in the market.

mikilbhatkar

Broken In
I got my 5800 few days back... one thing i noticed was that i had to hear music/video thru the supplied headphone at almost maximum volume... is this common in all 5800's ? i even tried the apple itouch headphones.... but same response

Please comment

Somebody please reply to this !

raj_in

In the zone
Has anyone tried the new V20 firmware,the mass storage bug has been sorted out,UI is faster,geo tagging is added to the camera,the coolest upgrade is now you can edit mp3 tags in the phone itself.Here's the change log of new firmware.

• Faster operation, speed improvements for Java apps as well.
  • Geo-Tagging support for both camera and the video recorder.
  • Gallery loads much faster.
  • Improvements to the camera.
  • New music and download icons
  • Better touch sensitivity.
  • Flash applications now have a D-pad, like the java ones.
  • Improvements to Mass Storage profile stability.
  • 3 new application have been added. “app.update” (in the application menu), “Dictionary” and Search (for files and media in storage and web).
  • Better bass reproduction.
  • Ability to edit the Artist, Album, Genre etc in the Music Player.
  • Zoom, Full Screen and Pan options for Flash video.
  • Much faster screen rotation.
  • Voice recorded files now show up in the Sounds folder in the Gallery.

If i buy a new phone now will the v20 be loaded in it from the store???
orelse how wud i hav 2 update it???

rajhot

S60 rocks

You can update on your own if u have a broadband connection (or) u can get it done at any nearest Nokia care centre

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

For the time being the v20 update is not available in india yet.
If you buy a new phone now,the chances are that you might get the older firware coz v20 is just been released and it takes time to get new stock with v20 preloaded.
Anyway you can update it from nokia software updater,the download size is 135MB for APAC v20 firmware.

Somebody please reply to this !
Hey its ok don't expect loud output from it.It is same with my phone.But if yours is ridiculously low the you should be worried.

Last edited:

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
But when I check with my product code on *www.nokia.co.in/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update It says no updates avail.

How can I update my 5800 to V20

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
But when I check with my product code on *www.nokia.co.in/get-support-and-software/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update It says no updates avail.

How can I update my 5800 to V20

There's an alternate method but it will void your warranty.
By using JAF which is a flashing tool for nokia phones,you can change your product code to some other country(EMEA) where v20 updates are available and after you have changed the code check again from NSU for availabe updates it should show you the v20 upgrade as available.But on the downside i somehow cannot play the preloaded stuff after doing this.I think i lost my license.Can somebody help me with this?

nikhilpai

Techans
For all the 5800 owners out there.... If you are using Google Talk.... then you can login to GTalk on this URL on your 5800 browser:
*talkgadget.google.com/talkgadget/m

Can anyone confirm whether this URL works for other phones such as N82/N85 ? Based on what I heard it does not and I am wondering what extra is there in the 5800 browser that supports this GTalk mobile gadget.

xtremedia

Broken In
Good news ppl!
v20.0.012 for nokia 5800 now officially available thru NSU (not thru OTA as of now).

Just checked NSU and found the update though m yet to update as its ~122 mb download, will do it at night or if it becomes available thru OTA then immediately.

I hope all the bugs of lock code etc are fixed now...

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
i just got one and im really impressed with video quality... Now i watch all my movies on it...just convert it using winavi convertor... Set res to 640x480 and aspect ratio to 16:9..... Video converting of a 700mb avi movie takes 4 to 5 mins on my cpu.

nikhilpai

Techans
Good news ppl!
v20.0.012 for nokia 5800 now officially available thru NSU (not thru OTA as of now).

Just checked NSU and found the update though m yet to update as its ~122 mb download, will do it at night or if it becomes available thru OTA then immediately.

I hope all the bugs of lock code etc are fixed now...

Ya. I can see it as well now over NSU.
Is it possible to download the firmware separately and then install it at a later time? I have never done a firmware update before and am planning to download it at night and then install it the next day.

Also is it advisable to keep the phone in Offline mode while updating so that no calls are received in between? Or is it not required?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Ya. I can see it as well now over NSU.
Is it possible to download the firmware separately and then install it at a later time? I have never done a firmware update before and am planning to download it at night and then install it the next day.
no

Top Bottom