Official iOS devices thread

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

The Official Address for iPhone OS3 preview:

*www.apple.com/iphone/preview-iphone-os/

Although it has been rumoured to be released in April 17, the probable release will be somewhere during June.

*www.product-reviews.net/2009/03/19/iphone-os-30-firmware-april-17-release-date-rumor/

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

guys have a look at AT&T compairing Palm pre and iPhone.. U guys didnt told its not a GSM phone :p
*www.engadget.com/2009/04/22/leaked-atandt-doc-slams-the-palm-pre/

Pat

Beyond Smart

Wow, I dint know it was CDMA ONLY! However I am sure we would be seeing a GSM version sooner rather than later! Pre looks good to challenge the iPhone, but I have a feeling this round will also be won by Apple!

pickster

Professional Layabout.

as it was always said, Pre would come out first as a CDMA offering which will be soon followed by the GSM version.

the.kaushik

Though you guys are keeping hope on Palm Pre but my hopes for iPhone fighter is n97.. :D

Saw some videos and really liked it.... But again you never know with Apple.. U never know what is comming in next few months.. May be another all ass kicker new iphone. So finger crossed and what ever it is hopefully it releases in India

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

^ N97 just feels so out-of-league to me. Yeah I know about it and there are many things about it that pwn iPhone but still. I mean I find it difficult to compare Nokia with Apple. Just doesnt sound right, maybe its just me. :D

Palm Pre, HTC Dream would be my choices as iPhone competitiors.
---------

I have a feeling that we would get a CDMA version of iPhone soon. Though news like AT&T locking on iPhone till 2011 are there, but still I feel we would have a CDMA version. Maybe not in US.

I really wish to have a CDMA iPhone.

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

I read somewhere that apple is planning for a CDMA iPhone for the chinese market. I will try to post the link for it.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
N97 will have the same fate, in my opinion nokia should seriously start thinking for a multitouch stylus free handset.

It looks like Palm Pre will get stiff competition by the iPhone 3g and the upcoming iPhones.

Last edited:

the.kaushik

oh... isn't n97 a multi touch phone... if not it will suck! damn sure

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Today I had my hands on the QuickOffice for iPhone. Although it offers basic editing capabilities for MS Word and Excel files, it holds the reputation of being the first application to offer creation and editing of MS office documents on iPhone. Let's see what MS Office for iPhone and DocumentsToGo has to offer.

The PDA capabilities of iPhone is getting stronger and stronger day by day.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Hey guys,please tell some good apps and games. Enlighten this poor lad.
What are your app preferences? like what kind of apps you want?
Here are a few must try games
Tap Tap Revenge
Tap Tap Dance
Dance Dance Revolution(Konami)
AquaForest(A puzzle game which brilliantly integrates accelerometer)
ArcadeHoops
FerrariGT
Asphalt4
Topple
Brothers in Arms
Galcon
Guitar Rock tour
Enigmo(Fantastic Puzzle game)
Hero of Sparta
Lux(turn based strategy game)
PrisonBreaker
Monopoly
Silent Hill
Sim city
Tennis 09
xCube
Trojan Horse
Yeti sports

Many fantastic games are announced...like
Metal gear Solid
NFS Undercover

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Was checking out appstore and was suprised to see that Assassins creed was actually released on 21st.
Assassin's Creed - Altar's Chronicles
Price: $9.99

*toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/367811_2jpg.jpeg

METAL GEAR SOLID TOUCH (US)
Price: $7.99
Released: Mar 18, 2009

*toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/3363926639_07f53d6dd2jpg-300x200.jpg
Posted again:
*www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/imgcache2/36263.png

Apple's front page is now announcing that the App Store has reached one billion downloads. For the past two weeks, Apple has been running a 1 Billion App Countdown promotion, offering a package of Apple prizes valued at over $13,000 for the "entry (either through an app download or through the non-purchase online entry) sent immediately following the download of the 999,999,999th app." The competition is now closed, and the winner will be publicly announced in the near future.

A number of Apple pages, including the main apple.com page, countdown promotion page, iPod+iTunes page, iTunes Store, and App Store have been displaying counters reflecting the approaching milestone.

Apple revealed yesterday that they had sold 37 million iPhones and iPod Touches. The latest App Store application count is over 35,000.
Source : ipodtouchfans

Last edited:

Thanks Sriharsha. I'd love to ttry MGS and Assassin's Creed. I loved the PC version.

I want all the nice apps. All I know are teh likes of Air mouse,face melter etc.
I'll try all the games you mentioned. I need all teh funky apps. I'm not into business and stuff. Just want to have some fun with mah iPhone:D

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

There you go sunny a few funny apps(actually fun only)
Zen garden - It is a virtual sand floor where you can scribble around and just shake to reset
Haunted -Just use it I don't want to spill out the suspense.
Drummer
iSoda
iLava
Butterflies
Air drummer
Pocket god -Really funny app
Bubble wrap
Cow toss
iGong
iGotchi
Koi pond
Lightsaber
Make-a-Face
Phonesaber
R u Drunk
Stun-o-Matic
Zippo lighter
Amateur_Surgeon -A very funny game
Donedrinkin
Rolando- another funny game
iHUD
accelaruler
MyweightLossCoach - the trainer character is really funny and a useful app if you want to lose weight in a interactive way.
More in my next post

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

played 3 missions of MGS,the game is boring
Brothers in arms was much better

Assassin's creed is good.

Last edited:
OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Any news on release date of OS 3?

Sriharsha bhai, name few games for kids. My daughter needs a few. Something like Disney Fairy Fly.

Top Bottom