Official iOS devices thread

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Any one knows about expected date for 3.0 to go public?

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

No confirmed date yet. However rumors are there for an probable date in mid June.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Hey guys I've got a problem with album arts getting messed up on my iPod Touch 2G 32GB(2.2.1 full JB).I use media monkey 3.07 to sync music and videos.I thought this was a one time error and removed and re synced all the music files.It was ok for then.But the same problem seems to come up again.Here's how it looks like,sometimes album arts are swapped between albums,2to3 merge into 1 like this
*img158.imageshack.us/img158/6489/img0023.png

I use itunes to sync only apps and the music sync is set to manual.I don't want to swicth back to itunes.Has anyone faced the same problem while using media monkey.Any solutions other than switching back to itunes.
Would somebody reply?

the.kaushik

Never used MediaMonkey. However album arts in my iPhone3g has been messed once which has been solved by a restart.

I am using media monkey but never faced such a problem. I would suggest to remove all the songs and resync again and see if the problem gets solved

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Since last few days I am unable to download anyhting from Cydia. Everytime the download starts and after a few seconds a message popped up: POSIX:Operation Failed.

Is there any other way to install softwares without using cydia?

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

I am using media monkey but never faced such a problem. I would suggest to remove all the songs and resync again and see if the problem gets solved
How long have you been using MM and which version? Coz i've just googled and found over 10 pages of results having same problem using media monkey.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Is media monkey better than iTunes?

I am thinking of giving it a try.
Yes it is far better than itunes,library management and syncing is awesome in MM.
Remeber only MM 3.0 and above support iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G.

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Since last few days I am unable to download anyhting from Cydia. Everytime the download starts and after a few seconds a message popped up: POSIX:Operation Failed.

Cydia is working fine for me, just now upgraded some gcclib.Try installer,but i think you have to manually add cydia sources if you want the same content.

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Thanks sriharsha

However I was unable to download necessary utilities like Categories / OpenSSH which is working properly a months back.
Posted again:
I have installed MM3.0 in my laptop. It has lots of features. But my Album informations messed up and needs to be reworked again.

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Thanks sriharsha

However I was unable to download necessary utilities like Categories / OpenSSH which is working properly a months back.
Posted again:
I have installed MM3.0 in my laptop. It has lots of features. But my Album informations messed up and needs to be reworked again.

May be the fault is in your internet connection or router.

Regarding MM, happened to me too,that is the only problem with MM.But it does not happen every time you sync.Also i've read in MM forums that it happens if your album art exceeds 500x500.They say use the trixmoto Album Art Tagger 4.2 script with MM to group resize all the album arts to 320x320 and this worked for them.But somehow i am not able to batch resize them.Give it a try,google trixmoto Album Art Tagger 4.2 script

the.kaushik

Thanks sriharsha

Posted again:

It happens sometime when the server is down for the app you are trying to download. Should be temporary happens with me also most of the time.
If you are using BSNL connection try changing ur dns to opendns
Posted again:
Though i uses MM before but now for me itunes do the job as only work to do is to put album art and that i can do from itunes itself.

Last edited:

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'

I too get this the when I download any app from cydia. But its just the first time after a long gap(1 day or so I think) of no cydia usage. After restarting cydia, the problem solved... or even going back to the confirm screen and retryin it again also does the trick sometimes... But thats juz me...

This happened with five icon dock.. sprinjumps and some more... FYI

virilecliffhanger

iBluetooth released for general public..7 days trial available..

*www.spaziocellulare.com/ispazio/en/2009/03/11/ibluetooth-is-finally-here-ispazio-exclusive/
Posted again:
iBluetooth released for general public..7 days trial available..

*www.spaziocellulare.com/ispazio/en/2009/03/11/ibluetooth-is-finally-here-ispazio-exclusive/

And this app is even cracked... I don't whether you guys like this or not but... its for real... u can get it from cydia and the repositorywill be xsellize... u guys must b knowing ;)

virilecliffhanger

Ya its really good and am loving it. also try gmail on safari.. Google has changed it. But the best suprise is the google map.. even location is available at *maps.google.com.

Guys also to give the news.. I have released the first version of BTI (Blogger template for iphone) at my blog. *classictutorials.blogspot.com/2009/04/bti-blogger-template-for-iphone-is-live.html
Do have a look and provide your comments.

Simply superb man... I love it... thanks for sharing... I never knew this... used to find the routes manually.... u know.. hyd roads are quite confusing!! :)

the.kaushik

Simply superb man... I love it... thanks for sharing... I never knew this... used to find the routes manually.... u know.. hyd roads are quite confusing!! :)

Ya this is amazing... but after using it yesterday in bangalore my conclusion is this is not exactly proper like Nokia Map but ya almost proper.. :D
This s released recently!
Posted again:
Thanks sriharsha

Posted again:

Dude i faced this problem again and this is what i feel.

1) Sometimes the server from which it downloads are down. So try after sometime.
2) Sometime our network speed is slow and it gives a timeout. I stoped all my downloads in pc and it worked.

Anyways am using open DNS now. BSNL dns sucks sometime

Last edited:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Found this at iPod touch fans
*www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/imgcache2/35876.png
Digging deeper into the iPhone 3.0 OS beta firmware has unearthed voice control features under the app codename of 'Jibbler'. Reports suggest that this will allow both speech recognition and synthesis.
Originally Posted by ars technica
Not much information is known at this time, but according to our own people familiar with the matter, Jibbler appears be an enhancement to the iPhone SpringBoard application, the Finder-esque app that acts as a launcher and will support the newly announced 3.0 Spotlight search. Jibbler may be controlled via the iPhone headset—button squeezes could be used to record short voice segments from the user, which Jibbler will then interpret. Voice synthesis can then be used to give the user a response, similar to the latest generation iPod shuffle, which can "read" playlists and track names—the difference being that the iPhone hardware itself could handle real-time voice synthesis.

Our sources turned up references to classes and methods named VSSpeechSynthesizer, VSRecognitionSession, SBVoiceControlDisableHandlerActions, SBSensitiveJibblerEnabled, and SBVoiceControlSoundCompletion. SB refers to SpringBoard, and VS likely refers to Voice Services. The separate Voice Services classes leave open the possibility that Apple may eventually allow access to these services via the official SDK. There's no indication whether these voice features will be tied to newer hardware expected this summer or if the features will be compatible with existing iPhone hardware.

Besides the coolness factor that the voice control features add to the iPhone, they also bring the promise of voice-controlled dialing, a feature that other phones have had for some time. Also, it could aid in hands-free operation for safety in certain situations, like driving, and act as an assistive user interface method for those with some sight impairments.

Hello people,I'm back with my iPhone:D Now tell me some useful apps for iPhone.
Posted again:
Also some good games please:D

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

^^
My recommendation for Games:
Tap Tap Revenge 2 (Free)
Cube Runner (Free)
Scramble (Free)
Touch Hockey (Free)
Break (Free)

Heroes of Sparta
Simcity
Real Soccer 09

A Top 20 List from some Neutral source.
1. Field Runners
2. Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D
3. Warfare Incorporated
4. Frenzic
5. Dizzy Bee
6. Enigmo
7. MotionX Poker
8. Asphalt4 Elite Racing
9. Critter Crunch
10. Bejeweled 2
11. Guitar Rock Tour
12. Touch Physics
13. Collapse Chaos
14. MetaSquares
15. Wurdle
16. Hero of Sparta
17. Adrenaline Pool Online
18. Balloonia
19. Ms. PAC-MAN
20. Missile Command

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Welcome back Sunny1211993 (WOW what a number, I doubt what does it indicates!!!)

Media Monkey is Good, makes life easier in maintaining my 15GB music library.

Top Bottom