OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Detailed feature list of iPhone OS 3 :

*www.iphonehacks.com/2009/03/iphone-firmware-30-100-new-features.html

Why apple banned offensive applications:
*www.iphonehacks.com/2009/04/apple-...app-store-issues-an-apology-for-approvin.html

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

A lot of people has bashed the iPhone for its 2MP camera which, in their opinion, is quite inferrior. Here is an article which shows some of the cool photos taken by iPhone camera using the native camera app:

*www.iphonehacks.com/2009/03/tip-to...-checkout-100-amazing-iphone-photos.html#more

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Another cheap iPhone seller in ThinkDigit forum

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114179

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Well, since last few days, this thread has became really inactive. Only members like Kaushik, Sunny are regular replying in this thread.

I still miss GoobiMama and AryaAyush (visited your blogs guyz, u guyz are great) in this thread. Hope more people share their thoughts and new ideas here.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Sorry busy with COD4 and GRID multiplayer,so will not be active for a few days,After that i'll start my spamming again.

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Thanks sriharsha.. but in my opinion... the ThinkDigit forum has lost its charm. The geeks had left... and we are about to leave.

Anyway... hope the magical days to return.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

Thanks sriharsha.. but in my opinion... the ThinkDigit forum has lost its charm. The geeks had left... and we are about to leave.

Ya agree.. talking about me...Say 2-3 yrs before... there was enough time for me... but now so busy life.. Thanks to iphone i can still continue thinkdight forum... because only time i get is the time while going to office or say lunch or dinner time may be... I guess same with others also...

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone

I have been saving for iPhone for few months...my kitty has swollen to 21k now. I have some quick questions:

1)What is the price of 8GB version now? I have Vodafone connection.
2)Is the the 3.0 version OS already available? If not, how will I upgrade the firmware once its available?
3)I have this habit of dropping my phone once in a while, though I will be very careful with iPhone. Is it very fragile? BTW I hate putting those condom like rubber over a phone.

I will be thankful for any insight.

the.kaushik

@1) Not sure about Vodafone but have a look at there website for details. I took from airtel for 31k for 8Gb with one yr iPhone Free data plan.
@2) No not available for public still now but once available you can upgrade for free from iTunes. Once you buy we can help you :)
@3) Ya its comparatively strong comparing with my previous nokia phones but better to be careful. Ya you dont need to put condoms on it.. The screen is scratch proof(Up to some extent) but you get screen guard for less than 100buks from ebay and you get tattoos(Rubber skins) for iphone to protect from body scratches which is very cool. But a leather case is better if you drop frequently.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

I was feeling the same.Hope it happens soon.
Not just the forum,I feel the same about mag too,i never missed an issue since Dec 2001,and now i'm thinking of switching over to other mags,coz they're offering much better content both in mag and dvd's,i feel that they justify price increase with increase in content too.If i look back at my old digit issues and compare it with current,price is increased in half and the content is reduced in half.It hurts when i read digit now a days that this was the very same mag that made me a geek from a noob.Frankly i was very happy when i saw the new format of mag and thought,ok mag is improving but only after going through the entire mag that i came to know that the change was just cosmetic.So may be this month's issue will be the last copy of digit i'm gonna buy.

Last edited:

dd_wingrider

In the zone

Hi All,
One big problem yesterday i dropped my iPhone and ended up with a crack in the glass screen, its not something big and situated on the side but still, is there any way to get it replaced. I am in Bangalore and having a 2 gen iPhone(jbkd & unlkd).

the.kaushik

Hi All,
One big problem yesterday i dropped my iPhone and ended up with a crack in the glass screen, its not something big and situated on the side but still, is there any way to get it replaced. I am in Bangalore and having a 2 gen iPhone(jbkd & unlkd).

Try the apple store beside Deccan Herald office(Near sbi atm) at MG road. Ask them if they can replace or go to Majestic National Market/Burma Market. Let us know what u did. As its a 2G and it was not released in India so i doubt you will get any help from Official source but still give a try.

the.kaushik

I was feeling the same.Hope it happens soon.
Not just the forum,I feel the same about mag too,i never missed an issue since Dec 2001,and now i'm thinking of switching over to other mags,coz they're offering much better content both in mag and dvd's,i feel that they justify price increase with increase in content too.If i look back at my old digit issues and compare it with current,price is increased in half and the content is reduced in half.It hurts when i read digit now a days that this was the very same mag that made me a geek from a noob.Frankly i was very happy when i saw the new format of mag and thought,ok mag is improving but only after going through the entire mag that i came to know that the change was just cosmetic.So may be this month's issue will be the last copy of digit i'm gonna buy.

Already stopped digit magazine and using alternatives for last 6 months.

dd_wingrider

In the zone

Try the apple store beside Deccan Herald office(Near sbi atm) at MG road. Ask them if they can replace or go to Majestic National Market/Burma Market. Let us know what u did. As its a 2G and it was not released in India so i doubt you will get any help from Official source but still give a try.

Thanks will give it a try on this weekend and update.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone

@1) Not sure about Vodafone but have a look at there website for details. I took from airtel for 31k for 8Gb with one yr iPhone Free data plan.
@2) No not available for public still now but once available you can upgrade for free from iTunes. Once you buy we can help you :)
@3) Ya its comparatively strong comparing with my previous nokia phones but better to be careful. Ya you dont need to put condoms on it.. The screen is scratch proof(Up to some extent) but you get screen guard for less than 100buks from ebay and you get tattoos(Rubber skins) for iphone to protect from body scratches which is very cool. But a leather case is better if you drop frequently.

Thanks!

Today again my iPhone fell off my pocket and banged straight an iron cover of a gutter. Actually I bent to pick something up and it fell from my pant packet boom!!! I thought I've got a lot to explain to my dad now but to my surprise it was as solid as ever! Thanks to it's awesome build quality.
A Nokia phone would have got reduced to pieces if it had fell like that.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

What a month for the App Store! This has probably been the best month for the App Store since it opened, with the releases of some of the most highly anticipated iPhone games of 2009 including:

Need for Speed Undercover

*www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/imgcache2/38270.png

Link: iTunes App Store

Top Gun

*www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/imgcache2/38271.png

Terminator Salvation

*www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/imgcache2/38272.png

Myst

*www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/imgcache2/38273.png
SOURCE:iPodtouchfans

Myst is a full fledged game with nothing ripped from its pc version.Also this is the biggest game release for iphone yet with stunning visuals and sounds better than its pc version.Also the size of 725MB makes it the biggest game in size too.

Top Bottom