Official iOS devices thread

raksrules

Youngling
Trying to download 7.0.6 update over wi-fi , shows error .. Cannot download update.... I mean what the hell is wrong with Apple ��������

If you intend to jailbreak your device, i suggest doing full restore to 7.0.6 using iTunes (Download will be more than 1GB). If you do this, i suggest you download the IPSW first and then while in iTunes, do a SHIFT+RESTORE and select the IPSW.
I say this because if you just do a RESTORE, iTunes will download the 1+ GB file and if for some reason the download is interrupted, it does not resume but rather restarts. Moreover i have seen that iTunes does not use entire bandwidth to download the IPSW so that slows the process even more. Rather download the IPSW using some manager like IDM (which sucks entire b/w) and get it done faster.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
How do I get back my Rs. 60 deducted thrice in three occasions by Apple just after filling up my billing info? I have a Bank of Baroda Visa Debit Card.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Got my money back. Called bank of baroda's customer care (toll free: 1800223344).. was given time span of 7-45 days for the money to be credited. It was credited in approx 7 days

MarvinMa

New to this forum
how to add a video from youtube

Hello!
Administrators, please tell me how to add a video from youtube to a post?

Thanks!

ashs1

Padawan
Re: how to add a video from youtube

Hello!
Administrators, please tell me how to add a video from youtube to a post?

Thanks!

you can use the video tags to add a video..
you can also use the youtube tag [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE.]..post only the last part(in Bold) of the youtube(e.g: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxxxxxxxx )

ashs1

Padawan
ok..Here's a couple of n00b questions from me about iOS ecosystem :

1. While updating Asphalt 8 from a older version to the lates version through itunesPC, I noticed that the itunes downloads the whole app ( 1GB) again & replaces the existing one with the downloaded one. ( atleast i think thats how it works ).. Is there any way to just download the updates over the PC & not the whole damn app again ?? :(

2. If i update the app through wifi on my iphone4, will it download the whole app again or just the updates ?? :)

Thanks. :)

ashs1

Padawan
^^1. No it works this way only iOS game updates are not downloaded in patches.Likewise in Android

thank you for replying ! :)

is it advisable to install iOS7 on iphone 4 ?? i saw some sites reporting that the UI gets sluggish.. is it true ?? any other changes ??
Some of the newer apps on itunes requires iOS7 ( king of the course, Red Bull Racers, etc ) :(

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
no dont go for 7 on 4
my rule of thumb for ios updates is only till next os release version after the one that came with release of the model

ashs1

Padawan
wokay !! won't go for iOS7 then. :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

i have 1 more doubt :

Today i decided to update the asphalt8 app to the latest version( through itunes PC). The download was at ~600 mb ( out of 829 mb ) when there was a power failure in my area. When i restarted the PC ( after power was restored ), i tried to resume the download by Store>Check for available downloads, but it couldn't detect any ongoing downloads. There is a folder already present in my itunes folder( itunes>itunes media>Downloads>Asphalt8_airborne.tmp ), but it is not recognizing it..
Do i have to restart the whole download again ?? :/ :(

Top Bottom