Official iOS devices thread

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
how can i transfer pdf documents from win7 PC to my iphone 4? simple copy paste doesnt work...
Apple's iOS has a restricted access to file system for all Apps so unlike Android u won't see a video in all the players gallery.
and for PDF if u have Adobe Reader installed then in itunes select your device & then select adobe then in the option u get browse for files (simply select & done)

ashs1

Padawan
how can i transfer pdf documents from win7 PC to my iphone 4? simple copy paste doesnt work...
apple did a deduction of rs 60 to check/verify my bank of baroda's debit card details , how do i get that money back?

to read pdf documents, install ibooks on iphone4( *itunes.apple.com/in/app/ibooks/id364709193?mt=8 ). Then, in the itunes ( in your windows PC ), select the books option in Library tab ( the column on the left side). Now, Add the required pdf's either by drag/drop or using "Add file" option in File menu.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
to read pdf documents, install ibooks on iphone4( *itunes.apple.com/in/app/ibooks/id364709193?mt=8 ). Then, in the itunes ( in your windows PC ), select the books option in Library tab ( the column on the left side). Now, Add the required pdf's either by drag/drop or using "Add file" option in File menu.

the PC has to have itunes installed, right..
m lookin to transfer docs from my office pc, which doesnt have itunes, to my iphone..

suggest some good cover/screenguard for protection from dust/scratches for iphone 4

ashs1

Padawan
the PC has to have itunes installed, right..
m lookin to transfer docs from my office pc, which doesnt have itunes, to my iphone..

suggest some good cover/screenguard for protection from dust/scratches for iphone 4

yeah..the PC has to have the itunes installed..Copying directly to the internal storage will be of no use.
If you can't install itunes on your office PC, Anopther ( but longer ) Alternative is :
you can also try to do is Upload the Pdf files to Your cloud storage Account ( like dropbox) & then download the files on your iphone ( use ibooks on your iphone to read the pdf)..

I don't have much idea about cases for iphone4..i got my iphone4's case in a shop nearby.
You can try Capdase cases..They seem to be highly Reliable. :)
CAPDASE

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
While playing music , only the right speaker at the bottom is working. If I cover it with my fingers then the sound is negated but nothing of this sort happens with the left speaker. Could this mean that the left speaker is not working?

amjath

Human Spambot
While playing music , only the right speaker at the bottom is working. If I cover it with my fingers then the sound is negated but nothing of this sort happens with the left speaker. Could this mean that the left speaker is not working?

Yes happened with my friend's 4s too. He had a chocolate and his phone, chocolate melted and oil like substance spoiled his display and speaker.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
But in my case there have been no chocolates or water or whatever . Been only a week since I bought it, noticed it only now, may be it was defective right from the start. Damn u mobile store

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^close all apps, switch off phone, start it up again, and install, does it work now?

yep it's safe to charge batt through pc via usb

and gz

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
can you view picture in full screen? use home button + power button to print screen, photo will be in album

samudragupta

Youngling
just updated my ios from 6.0 to 7.0.4 on weekend and jailbroke it... the battery seems to draining a bit more than on 7.0.4. Is this normal? not a major issue but it was evident and did catch my attention

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Does iphone 4 support USB OTG?

The 7.0.6 update shows only 12.8 MB size on iphone 4 but in iTunes it shows 1.12 GB the reason why i purchased data plan on Vodafone ....it was a mistake

Last edited by a moderator:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yep. even im on 5.1.1. native youtube apps, native google maps app!

in 5.x the battery keeps charging for a while even after 100%, noticed??

Podcast app doesnt download shows upon tapping the download button ..says waiting and keeps on waiting

os version? size of podcast?

raksrules

Youngling
^yep. even im on 5.1.1. native youtube apps, native google maps app!

in 5.x the battery keeps charging for a while even after 100%, noticed??

os version? size of podcast?

In iOS 5.1.1, the battery yes charges when it reached 100% but it changes to a plug sign when it is fully charged.

Top Bottom