Official iOS devices thread

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Needless to say Jailbreaking voids the warranty. Yeah you can restore it to stock but still.

Also, I won't recommend anyone download torrents on a Tablet or phone as running them for the whole day really degrades the battery longevity in the long run. If that isn't an issue you can download them.

I would doubt that quote on Battery life... My iPod Touch 4g has been used and abused by me and my cousins each day for three long years and it still has decent battery life!!! :):-D Still get around 4-6 hours screen-on time depending on what's been done!!! :-D

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I can't find any terms and conditions with their dual offer (5s , 5c) :cry: . Is it real that they are offering "truly" unlimited calls to all networks local & STD? with free local/national SMS, free roaming. What I am 200% sure is that there WILL BE FUP crap with 3G Internet :cool: . By the way, is this available in UP :-D ( No Reliance 3G in UP yet) ?

Data limit as reported is 5gb on 3g, then capped.

Even call has 100hrs cap.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys detail about Reliance 5S/5C offers:

One major drawback:
If you purchase from Reliance your phone will be carrier locked to Reliance 3G right.

And Airtel has already began rolling out 4G.So in mid 2014 all two tier cities will have 4G.Eventually 3G rates will be slashed.

Hence if you buy iphone from reliance you would enjoy 3G only.

Comparing Data offers
Optimal 3G usage of iphone user:<4GB pm
Optimal Voice calling: ₹ 500

Now if you buy 5S for 53k and use BSNL until 4 G rolls out.Here are calculations.
5GB 3G-₹561
Talk time-₹500

Net-₹1061

(Note:BSNL data service is too imba compared to reliance and it's network is also quite better than reliance.)

Final Calculation till 4G rolls out:

Iphone 5S(₹53500)+BSNL package for 8 months(₹8400)=₹62 k

Hence you save ₹10000 which you can invest in 4G after 8 months.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^How do you know that the phone is carrier locked to reliance ? Reliance, in their FAQ have clearly mentioned that the device won't be carrier locked, and users can freely opt to use non-reliance SIM.

BSNL data service is too imba compared to reliance and it's network is also quite better than reliance.

I wouldn't agree.

As far as data services is concerned and network quality is concerned, both are on par. But in infrastructure and coverage, BSNL is really imba against Reliance.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
^How do you know that the phone is carrier locked to reliance ? Reliance, in their FAQ have clearly mentioned that the device won't be carrier locked, and users can freely opt to use non-reliance SIM.

I wouldn't agree.

As far as data services is concerned and network quality is concerned, both are on par. But in infrastructure and coverage, BSNL is really imba against Reliance.

One sensible question buddy.Reliance is giving you ₹2000 bundled freebie.So no one will be foolish to leave such plan and opt for other sim in between contract.

By locked I mean is as per contract your phone can avail only 3G services for 2 YEARS(from Reliance) and not 4G.

So it's way 2 good to get i5 S for 53k and use BSNL or Vodafone carrier and then opt for best 4G carrier in near future.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
No iPhone is locked to Reliance.

iPhone isn't locked.You can operate with other GSM operators.

I just meant that after few 4G rolls out on reliance too your data plan remains locked to 3G.

Hence it is not advisable to go with reliance.Get 51500 bucks iphone from flipkart instead or any other best deal.

ashs1

Padawan
iPhone isn't locked.You can operate with other GSM operators.

I just meant that after few 4G rolls out on reliance too your data plan remains locked to 3G.

Hence it is not advisable to go with reliance.Get 51500 bucks iphone from flipkart instead or any other best deal.

4G won't get instantly popular. Just like 3G, you can expect the initial plans for 4G to be insanely expensive... Might easily take a year or more to bring down the plan rates. ( by the time, your emi gets over & then you could switch over to other network for 4g )

The only problem with reliance is their 3G network coverage. Its not very vast like vodafone or airtel :(

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
4G won't get instantly popular. Just like 3G, you can expect the initial plans for 4G to be insanely expensive... Might easily take a year or more to bring down the plan rates. ( by the time, your emi gets over & then you could switch over to other network for 4g )

The only problem with reliance is their 3G network coverage. Its not very vast like vodafone or airtel :(

Dude Airtel 4G is currently available in my city(Pune).2 GB 4G for 450 is the rate as for 2GB Vodafone 3G.Reasonable right!

*www.airtel.in/forme/wireless-inter...gn=Airtel_4G&gclid=CLXuw-Dht7sCFUtV4god1kIAWg

ankush28

Bazinga
^yup that was Quote from airtel ... "4G at price of 3G"
btw I dont think we will find same thing in mumbai, delhi etc...

amjath

Human Spambot
Anyone planning to jailbreak their ios 7 please hold

As the day has gone on, there's been a lot of talk about some fishy behavior on the part of the Evasion team and their software. At best, it's just very buggy, and at worst, it may be sending private user data to another site. At the moment, we recommend holding off on the jailbreak until we learn more. A lot of the information currently circulating is speculation, so keep an eye on this post and this Reddit thread for more information as it develops.

The iOS 7 Jailbreak Is Here [UPDATE: Hold Off for Now]

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I have iPhone 4S(6.1.3) and I want to jailbreak it and then again restore it to 6.1.3 not iOS 7. Is this possible ?

Not possible till now but iH8sn0w said that he'll be releasing that jailbreak on Christmas Day...:-D:mrgreen:
Our next priority is getting an A5+ jailbreak for 6.1.3/6.1.4 out. As I stated on Twitter, we expect it should be out by Christmas day. So if you don't feel like upgrading to iOS 7 and prefer 6.1.3/6.1.4, sit tight for a bit. :)
iH8sn0w.com: 6.1.3 & 6.1.5 3GS/A4 untether Cydia package

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
how can i transfer pdf documents from win7 PC to my iphone 4? simple copy paste doesnt work...
apple did a deduction of rs 60 to check/verify my bank of baroda's debit card details , how do i get that money back?

Top Bottom