Official Android discussion thread

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys anyone here used MAPS.ME offline maps? Is it good for suburban areas of India? It's on sale today, thus asking.

R2K

In the Zone
I got a Samsung galaxy grand 2 lately. Its ringer volume and ear piece ( speaker used for listening when you get calls) are not loud enough. Even speaker phone is not loud enough. I have heard that this is a common problem even among high end galaxy series including the note. Is there a way to make it louder ?

kaz

right here
I got a Samsung galaxy grand 2 lately. Its ringer volume and ear piece ( speaker used for listening when you get calls) are not loud enough. Even speaker phone is not loud enough. I have heard that this is a common problem even among high end galaxy series including the note. Is there a way to make it louder ?

connect a speaker in its 3.5mm jack...

amjath

Human Spambot
Source from*xda

edit default_gain.xml file. From /system/etc

U need to root to access this folder

R2K

In the Zone
^^
A source/thread link would be really helpful

- - - Updated - - -

connect a speaker in its 3.5mm jack...

You want me to carry around a speaker along with this 5.25 inch screen device. :D. Already looks like I'm carrying around a ladies purse with this device inside the flip cover .I don't think thats a good idea

amjath

Human Spambot
^ ringtone volume | Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 | XDA Forum

It might not be appropriate just give it a try

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Any good source for Notification/Ringtones/Alarm tones for Android ? Previously I was using Zedge app but now its not working !!!

Tejo

Broken In
Guys, I want to use 2 gmail accounts in my phone..but the thing is i want automatic sync only for one gmail. Is it possible? let me know..

amjath

Human Spambot
Any good source for Notification/Ringtones/Alarm tones for Android ? Previously I was using Zedge app but now its not working !!!

when did u last try zedge, its working now

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, I want to use 2 gmail accounts in my phone..but the thing is i want automatic sync only for one gmail. Is it possible? let me know..

yep you can

go to settings,
under "accounts and sync"/"Accounts"
click "Add Account"
Select "Google" from the list
Select "Existing"
Enter Email Id and password
Accept terms and wait
Untick "keep me up to date with news and offers from Google play"
Skip Google Wallet registration
Now you will find a list asking you to sync appdata, calender, browser, contacts etc
untick all except "Sync Gmail"
Thats it.

Tejo

Broken In
yep you can

go to settings,
under "accounts and sync"/"Accounts"
click "Add Account"
Select "Google" from the list
Select "Existing"
Enter Email Id and password
Accept terms and wait
Untick "keep me up to date with news and offers from Google play"
Skip Google Wallet registration
Now you will find a list asking you to sync appdata, calender, browser, contacts etc
untick all except "Sync Gmail"
Thats it.

but bro..actually I have turned of "sync" in the main settings because once i do it it tries to sync gmail, fb and everything else.. I want only this gmail account to automatically sync...

amjath

Human Spambot
but bro..actually I have turned of "sync" in the main settings because once i do it it tries to sync gmail, fb and everything else.. I want only this gmail account to automatically sync...

IMO its not possible or wait for others
i suggest you turn on sync in main setting and cancel sync for specific account only

Tejo

Broken In
IMO its not possible or wait for others
i suggest you turn on sync in main setting and cancel sync for specific account only

even i thought the same bro...one possible situation i thought was, to have a different email app for this gmail account alone and turn on sync so that only this app will sync and others wont...i hope atleast this shud be possible !

ankush28

Bazinga
I had 100s of ringtones:hyper: but now no use at all... My phone is always on silent mode :mrgreen:
Why Zedge is not working?

- - - Updated - - -

Try this...
Add gmail account like [MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] posted.
Go to accounts tab on your phone.
Select Google.
Turn OFF all sync options in another account.
Turn off everything except gmail on the primary account.

To disable Facebook sync...
  1. Turn Facebook chat off.
  2. Set refresh interval NEVER.
  3. Turn off location services.
  4. Don't SYNC PHOTOS.
  5. Turn Notifiactions OFF.

Hey, but Facebook is still running in the background!
Yes, it will run for app authentication, but it will not use (almost negligible data use) your internet data :)

mqtt service is used for notification... This clearly explains that Facebook app is poorly coded.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Is it possible to have a different user name appear in the Play store comments/ratings? I do want to give good rating to some applications I like but the fact that my name will be associated with it deters me :(

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Is it possible to have a different user name appear in the Play store comments/ratings? I do want to give good rating to some applications I like but the fact that my name will be associated with it deters me :(
Nope. You'll have to use a different Google account.

Top Bottom