Official Android discussion thread

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What is Screen Mirroring?
As the name suggests, a way to mirror your phone's / tablet's screen to a smart TV. Whatever going on on the phone's screen will be mirrored on the TV. You need a Wi-Fi router and internet connection for that. As the phone and the TV both have to be connected to the same router.
There will be a lag of around 200 ms though, which will be awful if you wanna play a game or something, unplayable practically. But it's not bad for watching small video clips, and ideal for browsing and reading stuffs and watching photos. It's also known as Miracast.

amjath

Human Spambot
^ u need only router no internet connection is needed. On the TV u need either chromecast or a miracast single is necessary

For perfect screen mirroring for games Apple phone/tab with Apple tv recommended

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^ u need only router no internet connection is needed. On the TV u need either chromecast or a miracast single is necessary

For perfect screen mirroring for games Apple phone/tab with Apple tv recommended
Oh didn't know that. What the hell is Apple TV?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys.. I have a doubt. I'm now using CM11 with kitkat kernal. If I flash a gb/ics kernal and boot it, will it erase the /system and /data partitions? I know that it won't boot but what happens to those partitions??

amjath

Human Spambot
I don't think flashing kernel will erase system and data partition.
When I flash a latest cm ROM from old and install custom kernel everything will be still intact

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I don't think flashing kernel will erase system and data partition.
When I flash a latest cm ROM from old and install custom kernel everything will be still intact
Thats exactly what I wanted to hear.. Thanks.. I want my phone to act dead (not boot) for a few days until I get New phone. Any better idea than this??

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I had configured Wifi on my Android Phone (Note2) long time ago. As soon as I enable the wifi from notification area at home it would connect me directly without doing anything. But these days i find that at home when I select the wifi option it first gives message wifi disconnected and then lists all wifi networks and then when I select my wifi network it let's me in without asking password.
Initially I had to just enable the wifi button and I would connected without having list of network. Any idea what could this be?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
^Drain the battery to zero :p
U r right still it boots to recovery

I Formatted System partition and drained battery to Zero. It then didnt even showed the Kernal Logo.. :D and then I got permission to get new Phone :p . Afterwards I wasnt able to Charge it all.. Then I thought that was the end of my beloved Xperia Mini but then got an idea.. charged battery alone using batter charger and then reflashed my Xperia Mini and got it working again.. Data didnt change :)

amjath

Human Spambot
I Formatted System partition and drained battery to Zero. It then didnt even showed the Kernal Logo.. :D and then I got permission to get new Phone :p . Afterwards I wasnt able to Charge it all.. Then I thought that was the end of my beloved Xperia Mini but then got an idea.. charged battery alone using batter charger and then reflashed my Xperia Mini and got it working again.. Data didnt change :)

great why are you doing this? to get new phone? parents permission or what?

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Is there a way to unroot the L90 just for the sake of receiving OTA ?

I just received this update but I don't plan on rooting so early. Folks over at XDA are suggesting withholding the update as it usually breaks root. I want to remain on stock for as long as possible while at the same receive updates as well.

*i.imgur.com/DSHgbVh.png

People reported that SuperSU unroots the device but the LG-RCT counter remains unset. To reset the counter one has to flash to stock. Here, the RCT I was referring to

*i.imgur.com/eDW9oHr.png

I know there is a way which is flashing the KDZ but anything like one-click root/unroot solution back in those 2011-2012 good ol days ?

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
So I just wanted to try something new on android-x86 VM.... Look what I did.... Vellemo benchmark. Kicked off all android flagship phone.:lol::cool:

*i.imgur.com/sd05x43.png*i.imgur.com/aqLjsGC.png
Test setup : Intel i5-3230M @ 1.6GHz (Underclocked), 1GB virtual RAM, VMware player 6.0.3 on Ubuntu 14.04

Top Bottom