Official Android discussion thread

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys is there anyway I can track how much time I spend on social media like facebook, twitter on my android phone.
I know we have an option in browsers on a desktop/laptop PC's where using the add in of the browser we can track the amount spent total for the day and on which site how much time spent.

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys is there anyway I can track how much time I spend on social media like facebook, twitter on my android phone.
I know we have an option in browsers on a desktop/laptop PC's where using the add in of the browser we can track the amount spent total for the day and on which site how much time spent.

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appuccino.frequencyfree

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What Alarm Apps Are you all using ?? I am looking for one with lot of features. Preferable if it is Free :D
The clock on my X is enough for me, however I hate that I need to circle around that on screen clock to set alarm time instead of entering numbers manually!

Try that one, super hyped Timely, see if you like that. I hate that anyway, because it changes alarm volume without my permission.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys
Anybody played Metal Slug 3 on Android?
how to unlock Mission 3?
as I have been playing Mission Mode from Mission 2 and going to Mission 3 but still its locked in Menu :(

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
The clock on my X is enough for me, however I hate that I need to circle around that on screen clock to set alarm time instead of entering numbers manually!

Try that one, super hyped Timely, see if you like that. I hate that anyway, because it changes alarm volume without my permission.
I like the animation. It's actually cool.

Just got my Asus fonepad 7(October 2013, 8GB) today. @12k

Good news: 32GB memory card works, so far no crashes. :-D

Bad news: just realized that Android is a failed product just like Vodafone.
Reason: I need to root this device(it will void my warantee) to make internet sharing work from Laptop.

amjath

Human Spambot
Just got my Asus fonepad 7(October 2013, 8GB) today. @12k

Good news: 32GB memory card works, so far no crashes. :-D

Bad news: just realized that Android is a failed product just like Vodafone.
Reason: I need to root this device(it will void my warantee) to make internet sharing work from Laptop.

Every product will void warranty if u want to gain administrator access

^ Not with windows tablets. You are allowed to re-install OS anytime. I wonder why google is not providing Android OS on installable CD if its really open-source as they claim. Afterall, Google stole the Operating system source-code from Linux to make Android. It is dishonest on google's part to now not pass on this openness benefit to users which they derived from original coders.

In comparison, even monopoly Microsoft beats these crooks in terms of openness, value for money & compatibility. I have yet to see a Microsoft OS based system which locks you down like a sheep & refuses you admin access.

Since you "purchased" that OS and device, you own the right to root it(gain admin access). Google should be sued in courts on this. Why reviewers in India are not raising this dishonest fraud? Maybe they are sheeps as well.

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Microsoft site clearly states that Installing developer preview may void warranty. So people are suggesting to revert to stable version before doing RMA. I don't know why you bashing here. If u r so keen then why did you buy an android tablet in the first place

Mizanurification

Journeyman
Not with windows tablets. You are allowed to re-install OS anytime.
Getting admin access = reinstalling/reflashing OS?? AFAIK, windows tablets doesnt even allow persistent root. So u will need to do the entire process again and again whenever u require it for whatever reason. This saves time?

Since you "purchased" that OS and device, you own the right to root it(gain admin access). Google should be sued in courts on this.
Sue google? Right to root/jailbreak isnt prohibited by Google but rather the mobile/tablet providing companies.
Xiaomi allows it. Jailbreaking in EU and some other parts is legal too. You should sue the government of India.

Install connectify on laptop and share it?

Nobody forced u to buy android tablet/mobile. Instead of bashing in a thread on the internetz, u should just buy a windows tablet and help with its sale, instead of increasing sale of the competitor.
ktnxbye.

ankush28

Bazinga
Since you "purchased" that OS and device, you own the right to root it(gain admin access). Google should be sued in courts on this. Why reviewers in India are not raising this dishonest fraud? Maybe they are sheeps as well.

You haven't purchased OS licence dude! Its FREE. You paid for hardware. For Installation part you can download stock software from manufacturer's website. (Most of them have)

By your logic you should sue apple, Microsoft too (For Windows Phone).

Now why admin access are disabled!!! Its damm simple. Tell me how many % android users actually know a single think about how it works? One shitty app from play store + "/System CLEANING" and everything will get messed up.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=171475]ankush28[/MENTION]
You are perfectly right. The decision not to enable admin access by default was perfectly logical. However they should have made it possible for those who are interested to get that access legally and easily. (with adequate proof of ownership just like how they do it when a question of warranty comes into play)

Top Bottom