Official Android discussion thread

R2K

In the Zone
Memory usage (RAM) is showing differently in Go launcher and in 'Running services' under Device Settings menu. Why is it like that ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ How much different? I am sure, difference is not much, since RAM is not a constant. It keeps on changing. Even if you goto Running Services and observe for a few seconds, you can see it fluctuating between a range of values.

R2K

In the Zone
^^
25- 30 MB difference everytime. And most of the time the some apps running in background displayed in go launcher are not showing up in "running services" under settings menu.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, in that case just assume the one showing "more" RAM to be true. :p
It may happen that one of them is ignoring some apps. Nevertheless, the one showing more RAM, should be true.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Have a strange error.

Google Market has been updated to Google play. So the day it was updated, I got a option to download(in form of accepting license) so I accepted but the GPRS was so bad I couldnt download

So now when I try opening marketplace, I get a screen that asks me to sign in to a Google Profile. But the profile is already signed in(as shown in settings)
Why so? How can I update to Google Play?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
When you accepted the terms, the market app should automatically be updated and the previous shortcut of the market if any on the home screen should be removed and replaced by another shortcut of google play.
If you can find the new shortcut then it means you should have the market updated. If not, then IMO the only way to get it more now would be through downloading and installing "google gapps".

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ And that's why you are "Sam"! :oops:
Or you can do just that! Just uninstall the updates, and then goto the original market and try updating the app from there! Simple! :p

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Memory usage (RAM) is showing differently in Go launcher and in 'Running services' under Device Settings menu. Why is it like that ?

maybe default task manager would not be monitoring ram usage of default/system/preloaded apps wheras go launcher is monitoring them too...

Have a strange error.

Google Market has been updated to Google play. So the day it was updated, I got a option to download(in form of accepting license) so I accepted but the GPRS was so bad I couldnt download

So now when I try opening marketplace, I get a screen that asks me to sign in to a Google Profile. But the profile is already signed in(as shown in settings)
Why so? How can I update to Google Play?

lol...somewhat similar happened to me.
My authorisation for updatation to google play failed and after that market went kaput.

After half an hour what i found was that an unnoticed app icon was lying in menu and to my surprise it was google play which i wasnt able to recognise.
After that the only i thing i did was that i deleted old market shortcug.

Perhaps update notice is only meant for accepting licencse and creating new shortcut cuz there is no overall change in play and market.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ And that's why you are "Sam"! :oops:

lol stop it :mrgreen:

After half an hour what i found was that an unnoticed app icon was lying in menu and to my surprise it was google play which i wasnt able to recognise.
After that the only i thing i did was that i deleted old market shortcug.

same here. felt i did something wrong with a custom rom as android market disappeared and was about to flash again after verifying no important files were removed. saw google play in menu

Sujeet

Undead!!!
same here. felt i did something wrong with a custom rom as android market disappeared and was about to flash again after verifying no important files were removed. saw google play in menu
Improperly laid down Updates.

Seems like Google -Droid Dude were too excited to launch google play which ironically has nothing NEW other than the name..atleast for now.!!:wink:

R2K

In the Zone
Is there any app that helps to delete duplicate (double) files from memory card. I have a ton of songs on my memory card in different folders and I'm pretty sure that I might have copied some songs twice.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Is there an official CyanogenMod for Galaxy Pop

officially? CM devices. though if DEV works in collaboration with CM, they may add it to their support list as LG Optimus One most likely will be added to the list soon (official nightly builds already there)

Improperly laid down Updates.

Seems like Google -Droid Dude were too excited to launch google play which ironically has nothing NEW other than the name..atleast for now.!!:wink:

Android Play is not renamed Android Market. It has other services like music , books also but those are not available in India so you can access only the app section (rest are hidden).

Is there any app that helps to delete duplicate (double) files from memory card. I have a ton of songs on my memory card in different folders and I'm pretty sure that I might have copied some songs twice.

connect mobile to PC in mass storage mode and scan the memory card using duplicate scanning software.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Android Play is not renamed Android Market. It has other services like music , books also but those are not available in India so you can access only the app section (rest are hidden).

Yup.I read about merger of Google Music And Google Book Store with Android market at the time of Google Play Update.

My point was that for us ...atleast for now android market and google play holds no difference.

Top Bottom