Official Android discussion thread

R2K

In the Zone
Is there anyway I can temporarily root it and then unroot it later so that I don't void the warranty ?

BTW I just want to get rid of some crapwares that autostarts everytime I reboot my device . For that I want root access (I plan to use titanium backup). After getting rid the bloat I can go back to normal/ unrooted mode or whatever it is called :D .
Apologies in advance, if it sounds like a uber stupid question to you guys :D

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ use unlockroot to root your mobile, remove the bloatwares and unroot again but i don't trust this titanium backup thing. it never works properly.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
A bit offtopic, but I think it's worth sharing here:

Mozilla's Boot2Gecko in Action on a Galaxy S2 - Mozilla's Boot2Gecko in Action on a Galaxy S2 | Mobile Zone

rahul_c

Journeyman
^^ use unlockroot to root your mobile, remove the bloatwares and unroot again but i don't trust this titanium backup thing. it never works properly.
Titanium backup when restoring apps, installs one app at a time. So you have to click install>done again and again. Also it install apps in phone memory so you have to keep moving apps to sd card during the process. Its so annoying!

Seismic is a good alternative to facebook app...but has its limitations,but its faster. it manages other social network sites. its faster prolly because it offers lesser features than the facebook app. Seismic is best fr uploading mobile phne pics to ur Facebook Albums

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
^ I don't think official update via Kies is available yet in India. If you can't wait, you can try flashing EU/Asian firmwares from samfirmware.com though.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Titanium backup when restoring apps, installs one app at a time. So you have to click install>done again and again. Also it install apps in phone memory so you have to keep moving apps to sd card during the process. Its so annoying!

Use Titanium backup pro before commenting.

*img861.imageshack.us/img861/126/sc20120319113934.png

*img688.imageshack.us/img688/9131/sc20120319113848.png

Last edited:

rahul_c

Journeyman
Seesmic does not support fb messages and notifications and I dont like friendcaster. I am using facebook mobile site, its same as app but faster.

^OK, cool phone man.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^
It's not about my phone, it's about the wrong information you are posting without even trying the app.

-------------------------
BTWAnyone interested in Tapatalk V2 beta? It's free as of now.

[APP] TapaTalk v2.0 BETA 2 (FREE!!!) - xda-developers

Top Bottom