Official Android discussion thread

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Thanks! :D Ill need help from you guys from time to time! This would be my first Android phone :)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
WOOOHOOOOO Kalpik finally got a phone! I'm calling the Media! Everyone else meet up. The above party has only one stipulation BYOB!!!!

Jokes aside , looking to see your review in depth on the Nexus One. :)

kalpik

Hehe.. Ill keep bugging you, don't worry.. You'll have my in-depth nagging for sure! :p

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Lol no problemo. Although I hope that Nexus One is sure worth it . And this phone comes with Froyo ? You know whats really funny. Hero users all over the world are outraged that they still are waiting for 2.1 updates while Magic users are on 2.1 :D . Thats really funny . As Amtiabhishek said , as long as you have the same phone as one the best community modders does then yuo are safe :D . But I seriously think Magic will die out with 2.2.

kalpik

It will come with 2.1 but i will get OTA for 2.2.. Many have got it already.. Google is updating all N1s in batches :)

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Guys I just flashed FroYo:doublethumb:. This is an alpha image (SDK port) will post a review by the end of the day. This ROM is without Google apps. Very unstable as of now!

*img13.imageshack.us/img13/9431/device1u.png
*img257.imageshack.us/img257/3034/device2a.png
*img39.imageshack.us/img39/2112/device3g.png

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=685724

Last edited:

kalpik

:( :mad:

/me bans amitabhishek and deletes all evidence! :D

Ill be the first "stable" and "official" froyo user! :p

OP
amitabhishek

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
:( :mad:

/me bans amitabhishek and deletes all evidence! :D

Ill be the first "stable" and "official" froyo user! :p

Rofl! Remember with great power comes bigger power bills ;).

Coming back to ROM this is nothing more than a proof of concept. In the sense that it boots your phone-and does it very fast! Even the first boot was well under a minute. So when Google was talking about speed on Froyo. They really meant it. It was not one of those half a$sed statements that we hear so frequently in this business. On a 1Ghz snapdragon processor Froyo's gonna scream speed :shock:!

I wont complain because it was an alpha release and the devs. did well to satisfy the initial "cravings". wifi/messaging/GPRS didn't work. Voice calling did work for a while. SD cards are not yet being detected as yet. All this reminds me of my OpenMoko Phone:)! There was nothing else to check! In coming few days we can def. expect a good BETA release!

BTW final version of Cyanogen 2.1 ROM is out and its a beauty! So Will be with Cyanogen 2.1 ROM till a good working BETA is out.

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
I have it laying on my desk but I don't use it. I don't find any need of it or any other smartphone in India. I find my Nokia 1202 more useful than a smartphone. At least it has torchlight and last whole week once charged. I'm always connected. So smartphone is redundant for me.

Top Bottom