Official Android discussion thread

*tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/02/b3570ef0460155ca2cdde5c84929164d.jpgI'm having this icon on the network bars, says emergency calls only on both the sims, I'm sure its not a network problem as when it randomly disappears I see all the bars. Any solution?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys do we have any android phone which lasts longer.
Almost all of the Android phones I know of seem to have battery drained sooner than normal or is it with the apps installed.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Guys do we have any android phone which lasts longer.
Almost all of the Android phones I know of seem to have battery drained sooner than normal or is it with the apps installed.
Its because of the apps running at startup and in the background, keeping wifi/3g/gps etc on when not required.
First thing everybody should do is root their phones and hibernate user apps using Greenify. That'll return the battery life to normal.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Its because of the apps running at startup and in the background, keeping wifi/3g/gps etc on when not required.
First thing everybody should do is root their phones and hibernate user apps using Greenify. That'll return the battery life to normal.
Do we have any thread which gives the instructions on how to do the one I bolded?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Do we have any thread which gives the instructions on how to do the one I bolded?
For rooting, check in xda.
For hibernating apps: open greenify, touch the + sign, click menu button (or 3 vertical dots), select show all, select all the apps, touch the tick mark and finally touch the Zzz icon.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
My HTC Desire 820 is not connecting to Windows as an MTP device. I have tried many solutions but still the problem persists. Windows has diagnosed it as "This device cannot start (Code 10 error)". I have tried reinstalling HTC device driver software, Uninstalling & reinstalling from Windows Device Manager but still when I connect the device , installation fails (Yellow exclamation triangle shows in Device Manager-->>Portable Device & red cross labeled as "Failed" in the installer dialog box. My iPhone 4 is working fine, I am able to open its files, folders in Windows explorer.

HTC MTP Error.JPG

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I have a scenario here wherein my friend has changed his mobile number, whenever I remove the old number and have only the new number saved somehow that old number comes again in the contacts.
Is there anyway I can get rid of this problem for good.
I have this problem with more than couple of guys.

Top Bottom