Official Android discussion thread

amjath

Human Spambot
After I gave my Note2 to the service center guy the battery problems are gone. Infact the phone is almost like how it was when I bought it initially. So there is some truth in what these technicians say some of these update softwares are crap.

Did he install ROM again? If so what version he installed

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
I installed whatsapp on windroy emulator but when i tried to open it, am getting error that " a cellular data network is required to activate whatsapp messenger" .
It is showing this because, the emulator doesn't have any network(signal) therefore no cellular data. But i am able to use internet on the stock browser. So is there any way to trick this and use whatsapp?
Or any other way to use whatsapp on PC other than bluestack?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes. AndroVM. I used it to install Android on pc for the sole purpose of using WhatsApp. Get it here: *androvm.org/blog/download/
You can get any version, cellular or tab or cellular tab combined.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
^Will try it.
But is there any solution for Windroy?

- - - Updated - - -

and which file do i need to download in case of AndroVM? The OVA file or AndroVMplayer Archieve?

amjath

Human Spambot
Yes. AndroVM. I used it to install Android on pc for the sole purpose of using WhatsApp. Get it here: *androvm.org/blog/download/
You can get any version, cellular or tab or cellular tab combined.

I activated whatsapp on blue stacks, reactivated mobile since one number per whatsapp. After that my contacts got messed up horribly :(

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I activated whatsapp on blue stacks, reactivated mobile since one number per whatsapp. After that my contacts got messed up horribly :(

Yes, WhatsApp can only be used on one device at a time. Dunno why your contacts messed up.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I have rooted my phone, now I want to delete all the trash application that came pre-installed. What to do?? Also which terminal you guys use? Do I need to install it seperately?

sksundram

In the zone
uninstall master.
link : *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droidware.uninstallmaster

terminal.
link : *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm
Yes, you have to install it separately just like any other app.

ankush28

Bazinga
Google now launcher is now available on play store :)

Anybody tried this? working fine with my moto g.

- - - Updated - - -

I have rooted my phone, now I want to delete all the trash application that came pre-installed. What to do??

I use ES file explorer, it has inbuilt root explorer.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
There is a point, you get more free ROM space.
Install alternative apps like X Theme Engine and Xposed Framework so that you can customise the phone according to your needs. :)

When sujay said about freezing, he has a strong point backing in. Most of the manufacturers install a ton of interlinked bloatware. You remove one, the next time you boot you'll keep getting some error message even though you haven't touched the others. With freezing there won't be any such issue.

Also the bloats take only a few MB space at best. If you install apps to system, you'll have to move it manually to system as well as any update.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
When sujay said about freezing, he has a strong point backing in. Most of the manufacturers install a ton of interlinked bloatware. You remove one, the next time you boot you'll keep getting some error message even though you haven't touched the others. With freezing there won't be any such issue.

Also the bloats take only a few MB space at best. If you install apps to system, you'll have to move it manually to system as well as any update.

I got almost ~300 MB's more space after i removed the AT&T and some google apps which I didn't require in E970.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
uninstall master.
link : *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droidware.uninstallmaster

terminal.
link : *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm
Yes, you have to install it separately just like any other app.

Thanks, installed them and working fine :)

Top Bottom