Official Android discussion thread

ankush28

Bazinga
I want the apps like Facebook and Tapatalk to not start automatically or access the internet while i've switched on the packet data to use other apps which require internet like Android Download Manager or Whatsapp. I think i require a autostart disabling app or something like that.
Once you freeze app with titanium backup(with root access obviously) it wont start automatically ;)
I am too on galaxy Y and it works for me.
Tweak the notification settings in individual apps

Thats not good option!

moniker

Broken In
Once you freeze app with titanium backup(with root access obviously) it wont start automatically ;)
I am too on galaxy Y and it works for me

It won't start manually too! The app will disappear from the app drawer. I don't think that's what he wants.

What you need here is play around with the broadcast and receiver intents, to stop apps from running stealthily in the background. The app Autorun Manager does that.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It won't start manually too! The app will disappear from the app drawer. I don't think that's what he wants.

What you need here is play around with the broadcast and receiver intents, to stop apps from running stealthily in the background. The app Autorun Manager does that.

Thanks, will try this tommorow. :D

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
And how is the cloud helpful for consumers from third world countries like ours?

Do the execs in their comfy cabins and unlimited Internet access provided by company ever think about that?

I have my cloud services enabled for photos and it works pretty well. It uploads only when I am on Wifi.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So this guy's Motorola Defy was giving problem after he installed MIUI ROM. His battery was not able to recharge with a USB cable. So he Jump Started his phone somehow.
And the battery started working again.

The post at quora Post by Sarvesh Ranjan:
*www.quora.com/What-is-the-smartest-thing-you-have-ever-done-with-your-smartphone?share=1

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys which will be the best app to track my 3G usage.
For my current plan I have only 300 MB usage for one month so I want some kind of tracking which will tell me that I used say 10 MB for that day.

sksundram

In the zone
So this guy's Motorola Defy was giving problem after he installed MIUI ROM. His battery was not able to recharge with a USB cable. So he Jump Started his phone somehow.
And the battery started working again.

The post at quora Post by Sarvesh Ranjan:
*www.quora.com/What-is-the-smartest-thing-you-have-ever-done-with-your-smartphone?share=1

He must be really loving his Defy. Nice workaround though.

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys which will be the best app to track my 3G usage.
For my current plan I have only 300 MB usage for one month so I want some kind of tracking which will tell me that I used say 10 MB for that day.

U can also have a look at 3g watchdog

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys what's the best Android App to track Expenses.
Currently I'm using Expense Manager which doesn't have the option to copy the data in excel /export in excel to PC.
There was one more App which I used in the Past I think Easy Money however I think the trial version of this didn't have that feature.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Does anyone out here have Sony Z1. I have this phone for quite sometime now but still not able to figure out how to best use it for taking photos.

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Does anyone out here has Sony Z1. I have this phone for quite sometime now but still not able to figure out how to best use it for taking photos.

May help u
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkQ15hpetac

In other news
LG flex for 69,999. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
*www.androidos.in/2014/02/lg-g-flex-india-price/

Top Bottom