Official Android discussion thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Kitna chalayega bhai ? :D.

If hardware allows than *why not*? :D
I changed the screen guard of my Optimus One, and now it looks as good as new. Still looks like the original O1 unpacked right out of box. The only signs of aging is *tiny* corrosion on the metallic outline of central two buttons.
I was planning to buy Nexus 5 as soon as it reaches India. But thanks to a deal on FK, I bought Nexus 7 (2012) instead. And now I don't feel like buying another Nexus. That my friend is how much cool O1 is! :D I am sure O1 will get a version of Kitkat, because of the seemingly low requirement of Kitkat and awesome dev support on XDA.

Btw... about Google not using Motorola for next Nexus, well I think the next Nexus phone could surely be from them!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The only signs of aging is *tiny* corrosion on the metallic outline of central two buttons.

my menu button has turned white and there are some scratch marks on the end of the metallic rim. dropped over 50 times yet only scratches.

I was planning to buy Nexus 5 as soon as it reaches India. But thanks to a deal on FK, I bought Nexus 7 (2012) instead. And now I don't feel like buying another Nexus. That my friend is how much cool O1 is! :D I am sure O1 will get a version of Kitkat, because of the seemingly low requirement of Kitkat and awesome dev support on XDA.

Kitkat will take time to arrive. Cyanogenmod has already passed the word that they'll first complete work on Android 4.3 and once done will jump to 4.4. So my best bet is 2014 when we'll get to taste some proper Kitkat. And i just hope Google didn't remove support for ARMV6 from Hangout 2 else we are doomed.

Btw... about Google not using Motorola for next Nexus, well I think the next Nexus phone could surely be from them!

Moto as Nexus means no availability in Asia. So my safe guess is either HTC or even Sony.

geek_rocker

Broken In
Nexus 5 camera vs HTC One, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, GS4, Note 3, XperiaZ1

Wow, the Nexus 5 camera is not bad this time. Now if only the battery life is decent it could make an excellent value for money phone. What do you guys think?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys, Why does the Google calendar doesn't show birthday events that I have added in people app??
The Google calendar only shows US HOLIDAYS which I don't need...!

ajayritik

Technomancer
Super backup: SMS and contacts
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts
Install in both devices.
Backup from one device and mail to ur Id. Download from the mail in other device use this software to restore

This didn't work for SMS. When I tried to open attachment from Z1 it said unrecognizable format.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Why would someone pay for CRAPPY blot wares, that makes the device slow

because peoples fall for cheap marketing talks. shopkeeper/TV ads show you things like gesture control, eye control which makes most people go "WOOOOOOW" in the shop but once they reach home, the excitement quickly fades away and start using the mobile just like any other random phone.

amjath

Human Spambot
because peoples fall for cheap marketing talks. shopkeeper/TV ads show you things like gesture control, eye control which makes most people go "WOOOOOOW" in the shop but once they reach home, the excitement quickly fades away and start using the mobile just like any other random phone.

after some point of time u think these bloats causing problems and go to custom roms

Yes tried as you mentioned.

I dont know what causing u problems could you please elaborate

Mr.Kickass

In the zone

:agreed:. I tried arguing with my brother but gave up as he literally has no idea why I shout when he mentions that a particular phone has features rather than raw power, community support and after sales service(he only agrees on this one)

randomuser111

Technomancer
Guys anyone here has a Sony Z1. Does it need a screen guard?

Z1 has DragonTrail glass and Shatter Proof sheet on top which also has the SONY logo printed on it. So I highly recommend getting a screenguard ASAP as if the shatter proof sheet gets scratched and you remove it, you will also lose the SONY logo.

Better get one for the back as well.

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys anyone here has a Sony Z1. Does it need a screen guard?

I'm using galaxy s2 and use to have screen guard when I go out to office. reason is dust. When u have dust [tiny particle] causes more damages
If u r more than on a controlled environment like at home and travel by car etc and take good care then IMO not needed

ajayritik

Technomancer
I think the problem will be to find one since it's newly launched. Thanks for your suggestions!
Guys really need a very good app to manage Expenses. I have been using Expense Manager as it was suggested here but would prefer something more better.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Z1 has DragonTrail glass and Shatter Proof sheet on top which also has the SONY logo printed on it. So I highly recommend getting a screenguard ASAP as if the shatter proof sheet gets scratched and you remove it, you will also lose the SONY logo.

Better get one for the back as well.

ALL SONY phones have a shatter proof sheet lol
So if you are getting a sony phone better get a scratch guard too! ;)

ajayritik

Technomancer
For my Note2 I want to use Multi Window option. However only selected apps are available for multi window option. I want to add some apps like Steps Mania.
Any suggestions!

Top Bottom