Official Android discussion thread

54KKU

FIXER
Hi guys . I recently bought XOLO Q700. It has been only 15 days or so. the problem I am having is that for past 2 days my phone kinda self restarting itself. about 5 or 6 times it has happened, out of them 4 times it has happened when I opened the drop down option ( the part that shows battery, time etc) and all that happened after started I trying different launchers. Currently I am using Go Launcher, also have Apex launcher installed. Is it a software problem or hardware ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ok it's like this I can't put my SIM back into S2 since it's cut. So now how can I move the contacts stored in my S2 to Sony Z1?

1. Use this to backup
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.idea.backup.smscontacts

2. transfer the backup file to Z1

3. then restore using the same app

ankush28

Bazinga
Ok it's like this I can't put my SIM back into S2 since it's cut. So now how can I move the contacts stored in my S2 to Sony Z1?

simple solution will be....
in s2 go to contacts --> import/export. --> export to SD --> locate file on SD(usually you will find it in root of SD with .vcf extension--> send it to Z1 with bluetooth or anything else(try software data cable :lol: ) --> click on file it will prompt you for restoring contact

see whether it works

or google cloud contact sync is best option...(same google accoumt in Z1 and then sync)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Food for thought:
If Google bought Motorola in July 2011, then why are the new Nexus (N4: 2012, N7: 2012 and N5: 2013) are being made by LG or Asus? Why not Motorola itself? :?

ankush28

Bazinga
Food for thought:
If Google bought Motorola in July 2011, then why are the new Nexus (N4: 2012, N7: 2012 and N5: 2013) are being made by LG or Asus? Why not Motorola itself? :?

check this Google CEO says it's too soon for a Motorola Nexus | News | TechRadar

might be google dont want to give any "special" treatment to moto.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Food for thought:

apart from what ankush said, Motorola is already running into quarterly loss. Now if they sell Nexus i.e. kind of no profit, Motorola will sink to the bottom.

moniker

Broken In
Just a curious question, why do LG, ASUS etc agree to manufacture nexus devices if they aren't going to make much profit off them?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Just a curious question, why do LG, ASUS etc agree to manufacture nexus devices if they aren't going to make much profit off them?

One reaason I feel is,IIRC Google once said they are scared of samsung's growth,And it's really good that nexus phones are not made by samsung?Why?Cause then nexus would have that crap exynoxs cpu's = 0-10% Development.
Nexus 10 has the most pathetic development compared to all other nexus

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
One reaason I feel is,IIRC Google once said they are scared of samsung's growth,And it's really good that nexus phones are not made by samsung?Why?Cause then nexus would have that crap exynoxs cpu's = 0-10% Development.
Nexus 10 has the most pathetic development compared to all other nexus

True but in the past they used to be good as look at Nexus S which also has a exynos CPU but epic dev support and thanks to it even my Galaxy S has epic dev support :D

munnabhai

Broken In
Google nexus 5 official pricing revealed.
It's a bit on higher side though but at least play store selling mobile hardware seems positive for future releases.

*play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb&hl=en

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Google and many others are literally pushing users to cloud. Don't know what's the problem including an expansion card slot :confused:

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Google nexus 5 official pricing revealed.
It's a bit on higher side though but at least play store selling mobile hardware seems positive for future releases.

*play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb&hl=en

Cause they are European prices not us ones :mad:

Top Bottom