Official Android discussion thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
i wanna play real racer3 on my Xperia L..but i can't download that much on my mobile ( limited bandwidth :( .)
so
1. If i download the apk of the game from pc & install it, will i be able to get the future updates directly on my mobile ? (guessing the answer is no. )

2. Is there any way i can connect my Home Internet ( its a wired connection..no wifi ) to my mobile ???

1. With recent changes in Google play, you can't get update if you haven't installed from the play market itself. But I don't think you can download the apk of this game to play it. Since apk are just the core files of the game. But the extra 1 GB of data it needs to be downloaded are *resources*, and not part of actual apk. But I am not sure about that, and since Real Racing 3 is free on google play, the conditions may vary.

2. You can share the internet of your wired connection from PC to mobile. Checkout this thread: share internet from pc to android - xda-developers

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ AFAIK free apps that are installed via APK are updated fine from Google Play.

I got the WhatsApp APK and installed on my phone. It was updated from Google Play when the update was released. There weren't any issues.

ankush28

Bazinga
yes, Any FREE app shared directly without any tweaking in which app signatures(meta-inf) changes,(like cr@cking) can be updated through play store...

nikufellow

In the zone
On top of their pathetic 2G/3G speeds bsnl has now blocked whatsapp –_–
Guys please suggest some vpn app that gets the job done, in this case bypassing the restriction, the simpler it is to use the better. Also if possible cheaper :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
How can a particular app be "blocked"? :/
You sure there isn't another problem with your Android?

ankush28

Bazinga
yes they can be blocked(like few have free whatsapp plan) but, wth they are blocking? :-\

try these apps

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hotspotshield.android.vpn
or
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hideman
worked for me when adf.ly was blocked :p

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys is there any way I can have a password to access some of the apps. Since by default these apps don't have password protection.

ankush28

Bazinga
Guys is there any way I can have a password to access some of the apps. Since by default these apps don't have password protection.

yes :)
here you go *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.xdevelop.protector
one of the best way prevent others from using your phone's apps...
this app will create fake crash msg when you open locked app..."The app com.ahaha.ahajaj stopped working" force close or report...
you can either use TAP twice on msg to unlock or Password mode which lets you unlock by entering password in REPORT ;)
cool app na?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
yes :)
here you go *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.xdevelop.protector
one of the best way prevent others from using your phone's apps...
this app will create fake crash msg when you open locked app..."The app com.ahaha.ahajaj stopped working" force close or report...
you can either use TAP twice on msg to unlock or Password mode which lets you unlock by entering password in REPORT ;)
cool app na?

Why not simply use App locker? *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.applock
But I will try Fake Crash too. Looks interesting way to restrict access.

ankush28

Bazinga
When is Nexus 5 coming to indian market, when announcement was made long time ago

its available to prebook on snapdeal LG Google Nexus 5 16 GB (Black) Price, Reviews, Specs & Buy Online in India - Snapdeal.com

will release in 4th week of november(mostly)

Why not simply use App locker? *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.applock.

Any experianced android user can easily bypass this :') :lol: :rofl:
how to bypass
1. Uninstall app.
2. app is hidden, check in installed apps.
3. Settings are blocled? Open any locked app when it prompts for password press home and go to running tasks kill AppLocker.
(To avoid this bypasses lock settings, task manager,block install/uninstall)
4.Opening locked gallery, Go to camera then open gallery from there, voila it opens ;)
5. Install any filemanager app (like ES, Solid explorer) and everything is visible(block installs to avoid this)
6. ADB kill :p

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys looking for a really good Money or Expense or Financial Manager.
Currently Using Expense Manager which does the job ok but would need additional capabilities like the one I had for Easy money.

nikufellow

In the zone
yes they can be blocked(like few have free whatsapp plan) but, wth they are blocking? :-\

try these apps

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hotspotshield.android.vpn
or
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hideman
worked for me when adf.ly was blocked :p

Thanks mate just as i was about to download those apps it seems that they've revoked their whatsapp blocking ambitions stating that it was an accident. God knows what will be their next accidental mishap

ankush28

Bazinga
Guys looking for a really good Money or Expense or Financial Manager.
Currently Using Expense Manager which does the job ok but would need additional capabilities like the one I had for Easy money.

have you tried this? *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.expensemanager

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
any software to root and unroot any android phone without using internet or anything like

any simple to use software to root and unroot any android phone

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
any software to root and unroot any android phone without using internet or anything like

any simple to use software to root and unroot any android phone

No root app uses net, you just need to have the apk.

And there are many one click root apps available, just search for your specific brand/model @ xda. An universal app for all the brands/models might not be successful.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Need a small suggestion. I know this may not be exactly related to the thread. I have a Note2 white color is it possible for me to have the phone cover replaced from white to some other color like Black/Gray.

Top Bottom