Official Android discussion thread

.jRay.

Youngling
+ 1 for opera..

It saved lot of data for me..btw I'm using opera Mini, what's the difference between opera Mini and opera beta?

Opera beta is faster, has a new ui, and has a latest news screen, but its still in beta so has some bugs like random freeze but its very rare, overall its a good browser, oh and it cant handle heavy sites so i use default htc browser as a substitute,

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Opera beta is faster, has a new ui, and has a latest news screen, but its still in beta so has some bugs like random freeze but its very rare, overall its a good browser, oh and it cant handle heavy sites so i use default htc browser as a substitute,

beta is based on webkit engine and will replace the long running opera mobile i guess. and it doesn't compress (like opera mini) to reduce charges or does it?

.jRay.

Youngling
beta is based on webkit engine and will replace the long running opera mobile i guess. and it doesn't compress (like opera mini) to reduce charges or does it?

It does, as a matter of fact a bit more than mini..

Giving me a consistant 84% saving on data, sometimes i doubt it :D

*img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/22/egydy8ev.jpg

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
It does, as a matter of fact a bit more than mini..

*img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/22/egydy8ev.jpg

OMG. how come i missed this. i tried the first public beta and there was no such option. gonna try now. thanks ;)

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
OMG. how come i missed this. i tried the first public beta and there was no such option. gonna try now. thanks ;)

It was there in public beta too..

I found previous Presto engine based opera mobile was bit faster in loading pages than this webkit based..also there is no zoom option in settings..on the positive note, touch interface is much better now..screen stays stable when u tap n hold to select text or to open that link to next tab unlike previous opera..I wasn't able to do it in previous opera version..tapping n holding on link experience was hell..

Me too :D I mean..how is it possible.. They do 7zip lzma2 ultra compression or what..lol

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@sam: yes Opera does compress a lot & saves bandwidth charges so it it not restricted to Opera mini only.
any other browser which saves data like Opera?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I still feel opera Mini is faster than opera beta.. Or is it only me feeling like that?
Btw opera saved me lot of data :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369212190300.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369212190300.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 76

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think you guys are talking of Opera Mobile. Opera Mini hasn't been updated for a month now :|

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.mini.android&hl=en

Top Bottom