Official Android discussion thread

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
is there any comprehensive backup solution for any Android based phone?

By comprehensive backup i mean "Everything" backed up, not just contacts or apps, appdata etc, just like Hard disk drive Imaging in desktop computers.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you are talking about a nandroid backup then NO

I don't think so. Albeit I have not experimented, but I am pretty sure, Nandroid backup would save everything. And everything means a true image, just like Norton Ghost can take image of a PC. Along with the login states etc.
So to answer funkysourav, NANDROID backup is the most comprehensive backup one can ever take of an Android.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
I don't think so. Albeit I have not experimented, but I am pretty sure, Nandroid backup would save everything. And everything means a true image, just like Norton Ghost can take image of a PC. Along with the login states etc.
So to answer funkysourav, NANDROID backup is the most comprehensive backup one can ever take of an Android.
Is Nandroid included in The Clockworkmod?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I used AmonRa recovery. Still using the same, after I had a bad experience with Clockworkmod recovery. (I too Nandroid backup with that, but couldn't use it to restore image. Finally had to move from stock ROM for good.)
But then, I used it a year ago. Newer version must be good.

One more point to note is that Nandroid backup taken from one recovery may not be able to restore from another recovery. So better not change recoveries between experiments.

rider

as Kratos
I want to sync songs with my iTunes and want to copy my playlists to my Nexus 4. Please tell me the procedure. Thanks.

Vignesh B

Youngling
I want to sync songs with my iTunes and want to copy my playlists to my Nexus 4. Please tell me the procedure. Thanks.
Use Google Play music or double twist or even Winamp.
But if you have DRM protected music(which itunes left some 3 years ago), your option is to burn to CD, then rip it back.

Vignesh B

Youngling
I think it might have been said before. But I just found out the "briefing" feature in the alarm clock(Samsung specific feature?) in which it plays the alarm ringtone for a few seconds and then reads out the current time, current weather and the day's forecast, any tasks you have for the day, and the top news headline. Also rename the alarm to Good morning! So it will start with a cheerful "Good morning" followed by the above mentioned info. I feel like Ironman where JARVIS pops online in the morning to tell the time and current surfing conditions. :p

Hey guys,
Thank you so much for you valuable suggestions and sharing you details which you guys are aware about.. it help all of us keep sharing:)

Top Bottom