Official Android discussion thread

ajayritik

Technomancer
Instead use nova luncher.

Try weather pro free.

@ajayritik You may try BSplayer,wondershare player.

here is batter doctor link
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ijinshan.kbatterydoctor_en
What's this for? Having really terrible time with the battery. So should I get the above app installed and check if seriously there is some problem with the battery I got?

Minion

Conversation Architect
What's this for? Having really terrible time with the battery. So should I get the above app installed and check if seriously there is some problem with the battery I got?

No,nova luncher is a custom luncher it is more smoother than Samsung touchwiz interface.Is your phone rooted?If yes then you can try one power guard just select AI mode and customize it to use conservative CPU scheduler.

ajayritik

Technomancer
No,nova luncher is a custom luncher it is more smoother than Samsung touchwiz interface.Is your phone rooted?If yes then you can try one power guard just select AI mode and customize it to use conservative CPU scheduler.
I don't root. Neither do I want to.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys any suggestions on a good app which has inbuilt voice recognition software so that when I talk something it will translate it into words and store it in my To- Do Tasks. One good one is Any.Do App. Any other apps ?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I beg to differ here. TW as a launcher is 'the smoothest' out there. But yes, it has its limitations, that's why people like/prefer launchers like Nova, Apex etc. Nova is smooth, no doubt, but TW is smoother. Honestly I haven't seen a launcher as smooth as TW. Next is Nova, yes. If a person can ignore higher desktop grid size, a nice app drawer and several other nifty features then TW is the best for him/her. I personally can't live without a bigger desktop grid (8x6), so TW is a no go for me.
My comment is based on Note 2, so it's based on that phone only.

@Ajay: It's time to change your view mate. Without root you have NO idea how many awesome things you are missing. Don't know why you don't wanna root, though, is it warranty or anything else? It's just a 30 seconds process! Don't we use out Win 7 as Administrator privilege?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Still haven't received the update for Play Store. Downloaded the APK to update.
I'm wondering what's wrong with the updating process.

amjath

Human Spambot
@Ajay: It's time to change your view mate. Without root you have NO idea how many awesome things you are missing. Don't know why you don't wanna root, though, is it warranty or anything else? It's just a 30 seconds process! Don't we use out Win 7 as Administrator privilege?

But we don't lose warranty for Windows 7 :p JK
@Ajay: U can unroot or U can factory reset your phone to make them normal again bro

ajayritik

Technomancer
Try EVERNOTE

It doesn't have the option of Voice Recognition. Whatever I speak into it that gets stored. I would need some kind of software which would convert whatever I speak to text.

Still trying to figure out a best online diary app and a good To Do Tasks app.

rider

as Kratos
How is this portable charger?
High quality real 5600mAh mini power bank external emergency mobile charger ipad | eBay

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Swype is released today in Play Store but I can't buy it with my BOB (Bank of Baroda) Debit card. I added it on Google Wallet and they debited Rs.50, but still I keep getting 'Payment declined'.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Swype is released today in Play Store but I can't buy it with my BOB (Bank of Baroda) Debit card. I added it on Google Wallet and they debited Rs.50, but still I keep getting 'Payment declined'.
I don't think Google wallet supports any other Indian Debit card other than ICICI's VISA card.
Its because of the mandatory RBI rule which requires that all transactions to Indian merchants to be authorised via Verified by Visa(for VISA cards)/3D Secure Code(For MasterCard)
Give it a read here - Information regarding Indian Debit Cards

Top Bottom