Nvidia unleashes the Titan

tkin

Back to school!!
So you are gaming 10 hours per day? Brilliant. :p
And you don't? :p :p

Realistically, one can game 2-4 hrs a day, and 10hrs at least in weekends, right now I have no GPU, hence the forums, else I'd been long gone playing Dead Space and Crysis, so average 5-6 hrs a day, not to mention the number will be significantly higher for guys in college etc.

Why would any one buy a high end graphic card if not for playing, even I play for at least 6-7 hours after coming home from office and weekends are like nonstop marathons and adding to brothers or roommates who will use the comp in your absence.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where from guys from college get money for their Titan?

And gaming roughly 10 hours per week.

Why would any one buy a high end graphic card if not for playing, even I play for at least 6-7 hours after coming home from office and weekends are like nonstop marathons and adding to brothers or roommates who will use the comp in your absence.

Year long? You Never go out or sleep for that matter?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
That gets me thinking. At an average of 15hrs of gaming per week @5rupee per unit and a power saving of 50w the savings would be 15*52*0.05*5 ~700-800 rupees per year. So for single card gaming, 690 is still a better bet even if the Titan is ~2.5-3k cheaper (which it isnt and we are not even talking about the performance drop).

And gaming 6-7 hrs on weekdays? What do these guys do with their life? I thought I gamed a bit at about 2 hrs on weekdays on average, this makes me look like a uber-noob :eek:

10 hours a week... my mom plays Tetris for more time than that in 3 days.
Every person that I know of who is serious about games (Thats around 50-60 ppl), start gaming on friday evening and continue till sunday evening.. every week...
and we play only CS, DOTA and BF3... add to that ppl playing SC2 and COD..
Agree that all guys from college dont have that kind of money.. but this is about how a person who can afford say 30-50k for a GC will be better of buying a TITAN...even if its only one in a million. The rest who cant afford dont even have to think about it...

tkin

Back to school!!

Year long? You Never go out or sleep for that matter?
Where else. from their dads or if they do tuitions, I earned about 5k per month once from tuitions :D :D

That gets me thinking. At an average of 15hrs of gaming per week @5rupee per unit and a power saving of 50w the savings would be 15*52*0.05*5 ~700-800 rupees per year. So for single card gaming, 690 is still a better bet even if the Titan is ~2.5-3k cheaper (which it isnt and we are not even talking about the performance drop).

And gaming 6-7 hrs on weekdays? What do these guys do with their life? I thought I gamed a bit at about 2 hrs on weekdays on average, this makes me look like a uber-noob :eek:
Better time management :D :D

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Every person that I know of who is serious about games (Thats around 50-60 ppl), start gaming on friday evening and continue till sunday evening.. every week...
Agree that all guys from college dont have that kind of money.. but this is about how a person who can afford say 30-50k for a GC will be better of buying a TITAN...even if its only one in a million. The rest who cant afford dont even have to think about it...

One, you are exaggerating.
Two, at the same price point,the 690 is the card to go for over the Titan if gaming is the priority. Not saying the Titan is bad, just that its aimed at a different demographic.

Teach me master.. I have hardly gamed for an hour after getting a job :/

tkin

Back to school!!
One, you are exaggerating.
Two, at the same price point,the 690 is the card to go for over the Titan if gaming is the priority. Not saying the Titan is bad, just that its aimed at a different demographic.

Teach me master.. I have hardly gamed for an hour after getting a job :/
Are you feeling okay? Why would a sane person ditch a titan, which is lower power consuming card that will provide the same performance or near same performance without EVER having the issues of CF/SLI scaling or stutter, for a CF/SLI setup?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

How many hours actually they clock that is important. Out of those 48 hours, almost half will be gone towards sleep, bath, eating etc. And if they are students, weekends of at least 2 months will go for preparation of exams, meaning no or lesser gaming. And there will be a pretty significant difference in power consumption while playing CS as against BF3.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Are you feeling okay? Why would a sane person ditch a titan, which is lower power consuming card that will provide the same performance or near same performance without EVER having the issues of CF/SLI scaling or stutter, for a CF/SLI setup?

Two things
1) Price
2) Performance

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where else. from their dads or if they do tuitions, I earned about 5k per month once from tuitions :D :D

You are about to join a job, will see your time management after a few months. ;)

nginx

In the zone

Online freelancing can net you a lot of money, specially because most clients pay in USD. PHP scripting, web designing, site template coding, SEO, small utility apps in Java/VB and all sorts of random jobs that a computer guy can do. I did it in my free time while doing BTech and made around a 110k. Bought a desktop for 80k with that and used the remaining 30k to buy a mountain bike :D

tkin

Back to school!!
Online freelancing can net you a lot of money, specially because most clients pay in USD. PHP scripting, web designing, site template coding, SEO, small utility apps in Java/VB and all sorts of random jobs that a computer guy can do. I did it in my free time while doing BTech and made around a 110k. Bought a desktop for 80k with that and used the remaining 30k to buy a mountain bike :D
And I made only 60k, FML :banghead:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ nginx:
You are talking about specific situations, not general ones. What will students of general streams do or medical students for that matter?

Anyway, back to the topic, enough OT. Otherwise, I have to lock the thread until the reviews start pouring. :D

nginx

In the zone
And you don't? :p :p

Realistically, one can game 2-4 hrs a day, and 10hrs at least in weekends, right now I have no GPU, hence the forums, else I'd been long gone playing Dead Space and Crysis, so average 5-6 hrs a day, not to mention the number will be significantly higher for guys in college etc.

Wow you guys are hardcore gamers :p. I think I clock in 10 hours of gaming a month at most, no gaming at all in Jan & Feb :p

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
I game around 30 hours per week. HD7970 CF will consume 520 W (?) and single titan would consume 250 W,

power difference= 270 W
cash saved per year= ~ Rs.500 :p

That is not a lot op power saving, so choosing between titan and HD7970 CF will be purely a matter of personal concern, as both costs the same, I would definitely chose the Nvidia's solution.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
How many hours actually they clock that is important. Out of those 48 hours, almost half will be gone towards sleep, bath, eating etc. And if they are students, weekends of at least 2 months will go for preparation of exams, meaning no or lesser gaming. And there will be a pretty significant difference in power consumption while playing CS as against BF3.

:D :D :D *images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/3/4/6/5/8/2/1/Lol-94249156205.jpeg

tell that to engineering students :D :rofl:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently LinusTechTips posted a video review at 1600p which has been removed. You can check more here:-

[Various] Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Reviews

Here's the gist:-

*cdn.overclock.net/2/2e/500x1000px-LL-2e461578_LinusTech1600pTitan.png

:D :D :D

tell that to engineering students :D :rofl:

if you don't even pee for 48 hours, you have to, at some point of time. :neutral:

Top Bottom