Nvidia unleashes the Titan

tkin

Back to school!!
Two 7950s should perform better than Titan, costing way less, and consuming almost same amount of power. ;)
FTS:
GK110 Steps Out: General-Purpose Compute : Benchmarking GeForce GTX Titan 6 GB: Fast, Quiet, Consistent

Suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^Drivers are the culprit. It couldn't match amd's 7970ge in open-cl tests and crashed out in lot others.
Nvidia said they are working on a fix and soon it will be retested with new stable drivers.

It was really a flop show till now.:( :mad:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
FTS:
GK110 Steps Out: General-Purpose Compute : Benchmarking GeForce GTX Titan 6 GB: Fast, Quiet, Consistent

Suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Anandtech posted they are having some problem with the drivers, at this moment the compute performance sucks big. Also 6gb RAM adds to nothing, even at Eyefinity resolutions.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Anandtech posted they are having some problem with the drivers, at this moment the compute performance sucks big. Also 6gb RAM adds to nothing, even at Eyefinity resolutions.

Yeah , theoretically it should not. The drivers are immature definitely. Toms also ran into problems.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Folks at AMD are laughing their heart out after a really long time I guess. ;) BTW, what's HardOCP is doing? Still no review.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Well, thats disappointing.

But in real world tests, the Nvidia cards are leading. Makes me wonder about the ATI's benchmark results. :?

nginx

In the zone
Engineering students :cool:

What study? What exam? Where?

And I only studied for 2 weeks before exams, that's it.

You studied a LOT. I used to sit with the books only 3 days before the exam having never opened them once during the entire semester.

nginx

In the zone
Twice a year right? That makes it four weeks, ~30 days (not weekends of four weeks, 8 days)
And never for any interim exams?

I was an engineering student too, not so long back. And I used to study only on the weekend preceding the exams. Still I couldnt game as much as I'd have liked.

This will be my last OT post about this btw.

I don't know anybody who ever studied for any internal exams.

Ok fair enough, last OT post. Hard to stop a flowing conversation though.

tkin

Back to school!!
Wait, on pure compute this looks interesting:
AnandTech - NVIDIA

Lets see if the drivers make any improvements, if you game only, forget Titan, if you do compute and can not shell out $3k for a Tesla, this could be interesting.

Where are getting that? :shock:
He means on pure pefomance basis Titan is the fastest single GPU card ever, and if Far Cry 3 2560x1600p is any indication you need Titan SLI to enjoy it fully on 3 monitors, if you're a rich guy who makes 15lpa though :p :p

PS: This is the ultimate thing for HTPC gamers, man look at it:

*images.anandtech.com/reviews/system/FalconNW/TikiTitan/DSC_9557sm.jpg

For $3000/- only :D :D

*www.anandtech.com/show/6763/highen...tor-geforce-titan-in-falcon-northwests-tiki/4

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
And this thread goes on for 5 pages - a product which, well...

Let's add some spice:- ;)

AMD working on Malta dual-chip card - 1GHz+ version of HD 7990

Lets hope this one won't require 04 power connectors. :D Only this bit is important:-

We have learned that AMD’s decision to push back the HD 8000 series launch is tactical and not technical in nature.

May be they just want to push nv to show their card first (pun intended), before releasing their own.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
If its performance is not going to improve with new drivers soon, then nvidia are definitely morons to price this at $999.
I don't see any reason to buy this now.:mad:

GCN looks like a better architecture. It handles everything well at lower pricepoints.
GCN 2.0 should be a good practical improvement.

tkin

Back to school!!
If its performance is not going to improve with new drivers soon, then nvidia are definitely morons to price this at $999.
I don't see any reason to buy this now.:mad:

GCN looks like a better architecture. It handles everything well at lower pricepoints.
GCN 2.0 should be a good practical improvement.
The same reason the 50k processors from Intel sell and for good numbers, like vertu phones(don't go that extreme).

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I'm thinking Titan's aimed at 4K monitors. But hell, those benchmarks don't justify $999. Can't run BF3 at 100 fps? Fayl.

Top Bottom