• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kumarmohit said:
All SE ppl

Give me a SE reply to upcoming Nokia N93 The featureset includes:

*www.nseries.com/nseries/v2/media/p.../tech_specs_n93_en_AP.html?lang=en&country=AP
or the N83 which boasts 5mp cam & 4GB HDD Not cofirmed by Nokia officially)

*www.google.co.in/url?q=*www.market...D2DA2%7D&keyword=&sa=X&oi=news&ct=result&cd=1
GSMArena.com said:
It (Nokia N91) is much too complicated from inside as not to make the mobile world speak and write about it. For example, we will have to wait at least a few months before a pack of applications compatible with Symbian 9.1 appears on the market. Further on, I cannot help, but once again draw your attention to the phone construction imperfections, to the 1-minute limited voice recorder, the "hard-headed" T9 dictionary, etc. Why isn't there a second camera for video calls? Why use a hard disk instead of a flash drive? Where were the Nokia designers during all these long preparation months, when the launch of Nokia N91 was constantly postponed? Where is the so longed maturity?
David Polesny said:
It has been a whole year since I first saw Nokia N91. At that moment, I was struck speechless. The futuristic N91 was so rich in features and looked so unusual that it literally took my breath away. I remember that the initial version of the phone was full of imperfections, but Nokia representatives made an official promise that the final Nokia N91 would be precisely elaborated.

Well, it appears that the year taken for improvements has hardly improved anything (as expected). The sliding part of the keypad does not close well, the tiny numeric keys have not changed a bit; what's worse, they do play a lot. The work of the functional keys and the joystick is not convincing, either. Why should I expect that such an expensive mobile is to be solid, firm, and precise? Because it's exactly what it should be like… (yeah)

I just find Nokia N91 much too big and heavy (in fewer words, a 'brick'), no matter how great its software potential is. I do not like the design solution of the top part of the phone. I find it ugly. Whatsoever, there is no doubt that Nokia N91 looks like a luxury mobile device (the only thing the price tag seems to justify). Glossy elements suit it well, but they require frequent polishing.

I did not have much time to "play" with the Nokia N91. In any case, I do not mind the unusual location of the Menu button. It just requires some practice. I appreciate the hardware keylock located on the top edge of the phone (copied from Sony Ericsson) as well as the universal earphone jack. The greatest disappointment in Nokia N91 for me is its display, and more precisely, it's low resolution.

The music player is user-friendly, yet somewhat slow (as everything Nokia is). Sound is good, with the potential of becoming superb, if (and only if) a high-class set of earphones is used. The cracking tones that accompany each volume modification are the only acoustic drawback of the phone.

To sum up, I am disappointed with Nokia N91 (me too). Such expensive phone, one of such a high class should in no case feature so many failures.
Mark Lutonsky said:
I have the worst words prepared for Nokia N91. It is a true monster, huge and heavy. Apparently, Nokia designers have not devoted much time to the phone's outlook. (They never do!) N91 looks as a paddle. (!!LOL!!) When opened, the sliding keypad cover is dangerously sharp. Access to the numeric keypad is not satisfying. The cover itself is difficult to be manipulated.

N91 display is more than disappointing. It looks rough, especially if compared to displays with QVGA resolution (to be found in most current high-class mobile phones). Display interface has been slightly modified, font size has been reduced. The greatest inconvenience, however, lies in the incompatibility of the new Symbian 9.1 with software applications and programs used in the current line of mobile phones.

I decided not to take my first impressions seriously. When Nokia first released its N91 model a year ago, I tried not to pay attention to my inner voice and to make myself believe the promises that everything would be different, better. Design, construction, control... Well, as you could see, nothing has changed. Nokia N91 is the same freak of nature as it was on the day of its promotion.

Without a question, Wi-Fi support, the music player and a large jack for the earphones are all the conveniences we all like to see in other phones. To my opinion, however, the mechanical hard disk with a 4 GB capacity encumbers the device more than it helps (exactly). The situation would have been completely different if you could fit a few dozens of GB into the phone. In such case the hard disk technology would have doubtlessly come in handy.
!!LOL!! To read the full review of the much hyped Nokia N91, head over to:
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n91-review-81.php

SO! What happened to the monster? How come it is loaded with features (and a huge price tag) and still is no better than the average Nokia phone? When there is a hype for a Sony Ericsson product, it actually delivers when it is released (the W800i being the prime example). However, the same cannot be said for Nokia. :)

Last edited:

maheswar2006

Broken In
Sony Ericsson ..............sony Ericsson..................sony Ericsson..............sony Ericsson...........sony Ericsson...

alekh_khanna

Broken In
Sony rulez !!! No doubt abt that..... Nokia comes out with crap models.... It only tries to outshow other competitors & impress masses at large who actually either dont have sufficient knowledge abt cell phones or are to lazy to find out the best ones out there ( & therefore go with the flow )...
Sony --- Bujhaye technology ki pyass, Baaki all bakwaas.....

bunny01in

Broken In
Well I have a Nokia, however, its sound and video quality sucks. Sony Errison is far better in this. NOw if only they can better the service quality of Nokia.

Najesh

Broken In
There is only 1 thing in SE which is better then nokia is the great multimedia features,but that 2 if we r comparing Se with low range Nokia phones,i mean not N-series.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
:::::::sony Ericsson:the Unbeatable::::::::

if my reply here is not upto the rules of this forum please remove it.
sorry for my harsh critic here,anybody feel heart hurting(nokia users)
if so then ---"I AM SORRY".

COMPARING SE WITH NOKIA

is

comparing

MAC WITH A ASSEMBLED WINDOWS 95 RUNNING COMPUTER

NOKIA:

-provides large screen
-elephant size worthless phones
-cheaper down quality phones
-speed---- yeah sure to be compared to a tortoise
-design---who cares when its a elephant size phones
-Virus----well next time onwards they should include in their features as "virus infection is possible so go to a nearby service provider and get a antivirus software by paying and still we wont give a patch to the whole in our phones!"
-memory card---ok here is a simple proportion"speed of nokia phone is INVERSELY proportional to the AMOUNT of MEMORY THEY"
-SOUND QUALITITY----hear it and then u will forget listening to music hereafter

Sony Ericsson:
-provides cute little phones,because they are giving what they are meant to give ---a "cell"phone
-good handsome features
-QUALITY the BEST a company could provide!!!!
-Very RICH FEATURES
-AWESOME """"""SPEED""""""
-tomorrows technology in their cell phones
-design---all the cutes ones from them except for w800
-virus----sorry we(sony eric) dont know wht it is !!!!(please go and ask nokia)
-memory card "speed of SE phone is DIRECTLY or EQUALLY proportional to the AMOUNT of MEMORY THEY"
-SOUND QUALITY----hear them and u will never let down those two little ear phones ever.....execellent quality,cant compare with any other phones

even nokia users know that thier phones are worthless and shouldnt be compared to the GODly Sony Ericsson....

WELL THERE IS LOADS TO COMPARE BUT AS FAR NOW THIS IS FAR MORE ENOUGH TO MAKE SONY ERICSSON THE KING OF THE PHONES

MY VERDICT

:::::::SONY ERICSSON:THE UNBEATABLE::::::::

prankie

D PrankMaster
naveen_reloaded said:
if my reply here is not upto the rules of this forum please remove it.
sorry for my harsh critic here,anybody feel heart hurting(nokia users)
if so then ---"I AM SORRY".

COMPARING SE WITH NOKIA

is

comparing

MAC WITH A ASSEMBLED WINDOWS 95 RUNNING COMPUTER

NOKIA:

-provides large screen
-elephant size worthless phones
-cheaper down quality phones
-speed---- yeah sure to be compared to a tortoise
-design---who cares when its a elephant size phones
-Virus----well next time onwards they should include in their features as "virus infection is possible so go to a nearby service provider and get a antivirus software by paying and still we wont give a patch to the whole in our phones!"
-memory card---ok here is a simple proportion"speed of nokia phone is INVERSELY proportional to the AMOUNT of MEMORY THEY"
-SOUND QUALITITY----hear it and then u will forget listening to music hereafter

Sony Ericsson:
-provides cute little phones,because they are giving what they are meant to give ---a "cell"phone
-good handsome features
-QUALITY the BEST a company could provide!!!!
-Very RICH FEATURES
-AWESOME """"""SPEED""""""
-tomorrows technology in their cell phones
-design---all the cutes ones from them except for w800
-virus----sorry we(sony eric) dont know wht it is !!!!(please go and ask nokia)
-memory card "speed of SE phone is DIRECTLY or EQUALLY proportional to the AMOUNT of MEMORY THEY"
-SOUND QUALITY----hear them and u will never let down those two little ear phones ever.....execellent quality,cant compare with any other phones

even nokia users know that thier phones are worthless and shouldnt be compared to the GODly Sony Ericsson....

WELL THERE IS LOADS TO COMPARE BUT AS FAR NOW THIS IS FAR MORE ENOUGH TO MAKE SONY ERICSSON THE KING OF THE PHONES

MY VERDICT

:::::::SONY ERICSSON:THE UNBEATABLE::::::::

hmmm.... nice....
i mean its nice that u have an opinion.
but my opinion is that except the UIQ ones, all SE phones are too DUMB!!!!
Believe it or not, all SE fans have only 3 things to boast.
1. My SE phone has better sound quality
-k i agree, but then why people buy mp3 player.
2. My SE phone has better UI
-compare it with new symbi v9.1
3. My SE phone is virus free.
-ya, even my videogame is virus free!!!! lol...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I agree that SE being virus free is not a valid argument at all (it only denotes that it is less popular).
But SE's UI is far better and more intutive that Symbian v9.1's.

prankie said:
That's a RIDICULOUS statement!! Then why does Nokia provide a phonebook (why people buy diaries), camera (why people buy SLRs and DSLRs), DVBH (why people buy TV), EDGE (why people buy Broadband)... etc, etc, etc. SE phones have MP3 playing capabilities and so does Nokia. Now, if SE's audio quality is infinite times better than Nokia's, it definitely is a plus point. And MP3 players are fading out. Ever heard the word 'convergence'?!?
BTW, not only audio, SE's K750i's (was launched in the Q1, 2006) camera is much better than Nokia N90's (launched in Q4, 2005) camera.

prankie

D PrankMaster
Yes, i've heard the word convergence.... and i agree that MP3 players are fading out because they are being replaced by mobile..
but i disagree with ur statement that
aryayush said:
SE's audio quality is infinite times better than Nokia's
there was a time when Nokia phones sounded bad but after N6630, things have changed. try listening music on N3250 or N91 then u'll know....
and btw why people compare NOKIA smartphones with SE phones..
competition should be b/w equals... like SE v/s any series40 phone...

@naveen_reloaded
your comments sound too childish...
Nokia has the largest marketshare in the world.... and SE is not even second.. this must clear ur confusion
that who is unbeatable...

Last edited:

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
prankie said:
@naveen_reloaded
your comments sound too childish...
Nokia has the largest marketshare in the world.... and SE is not even second.. this must clear ur confusion
that who is unbeatable...

Exactly, I have both Nokia and SE phones. SE is only famous for its display and sound, But that doesn't mean Nokia's sound clarity is not good.

SE don't have guts to release a symbian phone! If they release them, then I will go for SE higher model

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
prankie said:
hmmm.... nice....
i mean its nice that u have an opinion.
but my opinion is that except the UIQ ones, all SE phones are too DUMB!!!!
Believe it or not, all SE fans have only 3 things to boast.
2. My SE phone has better UI
-compare it with new symbi v9.1
3. My SE phone is virus free.
-ya, even my videogame is virus free!!!! lol...

everybody should know something : every electronic device should be virus free ...... atleast they dshould provide patch in their next version (symbian softwares in particular..NOKIA)
my question is if there is a virus out there and it is dealing with bluetooth ... why cant they provide a simple <<<<PATCH>>>>.....

my simple logic thinking is they dont want to provide a patch coz as far as i think (delete it if controversial),is because there are too many anti-virus out there ready to make MONEY...

ok tell me guys how many of u or ur friends have downloaded a virus into thier symbian and how many of them have gone to shop to load a latest anti virus software (spending few hundreds).....????

if this might have stopped in the first place my the makers(NOKIA) we couldnt have spent those money

any WAY whatever u say ******SONY ERICSSON IS THE BEST********

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Quote:aryayush:I agree that SE being virus free is not a valid argument at all (it only denotes that it is less popular).
But SE's UI is far better and more intutive that Symbian v9.1's.

ARENT UR STATEMENT IS TOO LAME....???
ok windows is also popular can u compare it with a mac for its performance ?

isnt it ur comments is toooooooooooooo childish???
my comments too childish? well i think it is the way they teach for the small kids around!!

SONY ERICSSON shouldnt be compared to the worst nokia...in any dept

let me say even BLUTOOTH technology is sony`s development....*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

sony ericsson (SONY) has the technology than anyother company or firm in this world....
everybody should agree.....

anyway nokia lovers ..... try to update urself ...coz

"UR EYES DOESNT SE WHAT UR MIND DOESNT KNOW "

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ok if u guys think nokia is the best just see the polls at the top of the page !!!!!!

i think this is nothing to do with sales and marketing of sony ericsson!

everybody ,even the nokia users know thier sets are not upto the mark comparedto SONY ERICSSON

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
navneeth_snr and deathvirus_me, P910i is a symbian phone just in case you didn't know.
And the upcoming W950i and M600i are also Symbian phones.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
again se announvd its new arrival....

rival to nokia..???

no theiers path is different and if possible ask nokia to follow SE as it has been doing all these days.....

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w850_and_4_more-news-195.php

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
******SONY ERICSSON IS THE BEST********

*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5500-review-83.php

look at this model.... the cover to protect the bottom part... isnt it similar to SE phones???

K700i??? and other phones??
*www.gsmarena.com/openpic.php3?ARI=/Files/Obrazky/art20/Nokia_5500/Live&IMI=/20.JPG

ok NOKEESSS try to give innovative ideas from ur mind ...not a copy from others....

******SONY ERICSSON IS THE BEST********

prankie

D PrankMaster
Take a chill man!!!!!
I also own W800i along with N3250,,, but i find even my old 6600 better than 800i,
i dunno why i bought se....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom