Nokia versus Sony Ericsson

which is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Najesh

Broken In
Well may be that Se rules interms of multimedia but we will have 2 agree that Nokia is a Smart phone and many applications can b added in it.We can change the entire feel of Nokia phones by providing it must extra services by adding softwares in it.So i will go 4 Nokia.

Gunner

Broken In
Well, SE always do offer very interesting features. Prices are competitive too, with the range of W550i and other phones coming in. But let's face the fact - Nokia owns the market in phones. And besides, Nokia always offers better quailty and endurability. And I don't think Ericsson can compete with the N-Series ?

S

saiaspire

I just brought a SE W810, man it rocks!!!!!. It's the best in everything

bapa1967

Right off the assembly line
on any Day I will prefer SE phones over Nokia. If one observe closely All the Mid segment Nokia phones are coming with Verry low Internal Memory compared to SE Models. I mean take the case of Nokia 3220 . Tell me what is the use of a Mobile phone with a Camera with only 1.5 MB of Memory.
I own a SE K700i and with a Internal Memory of 41 MB and with a Price Tag of Just around 8K it really is the best Mobile for me as far as Value for Money is concerned.
I don't know why but I am a loyal fan of Sony from the very beginning and will upgrade to W800 verry soon.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Gunner said:
Well, SE always do offer very interesting features. Prices are competitive too, with the range of W550i and other phones coming in.
You are absolutely correct till here. :)

Gunner said:
But let's face the fact - Nokia owns the market in phones. And besides, Nokia always offers better quailty and endurability.
To quote Sachin Kalbag, "Yahaan par hamari kahaani 'offbeat' ho jaati hai!" You are wrong, my friend. Though no one can deny the fact that Nokia has always offered great quality (in physical terms) and endurability, Sony Ericsson is at par with, if not better than, Nokia. For example: When I bought my SE W550i, EVERYONE in my family criticised my choice on two grounds - they told me it was stupidity to opt for anything other than Nokia and the swivel form factor also induced them into thinking that it wouldn't be able to handle even the slightest mishandling. It's been six months now and I am glad to report that their fears have been assauged quite satisfactorily. It has already withstood more than thirty nasty falls with nothing but a very insignificant scratch on the metal part. It even fell (screen first) onto the road once, during CBSE, and nothing whatsoever happened to the display.

And I don't think Ericsson can compete with the N-Series ?
LOL! If the N90 is anything to go by, the N-Series is just the old stuff under a new lineup and higher price tags. Every Nokia phone is a brick and slower than some of the Pentium-I PCs I have seen.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Any day nokia...it rocks..it has been quite long since i m using nokia so this time i thought of goin for SE w550..but it sux big time...infact most of the SE fone i as juz saw almost evry fone from SE in sony world..they r all crap..not worth at all...Nokia is by far the best.
My vote goes 2...still do i need to tell??
Ofcourse Nokia

Gunner

Broken In
aryayush said:
You are absolutely correct till here. :)

To quote Sachin Kalbag, "Yahaan par hamari kahaani 'offbeat' ho jaati hai!" You are wrong, my friend. Though no one can deny the fact that Nokia has always offered great quality (in physical terms) and endurability, Sony Ericsson is at par with, if not better than, Nokia. For example: When I bought my SE W550i, EVERYONE in my family criticised my choice on two grounds - they told me it was stupidity to opt for anything other than Nokia and the swivel form factor also induced them into thinking that it wouldn't be able to handle even the slightest mishandling. It's been six months now and I am glad to report that their fears have been assauged quite satisfactorily. It has already withstood more than thirty nasty falls with nothing but a very insignificant scratch on the metal part. It even fell (screen first) onto the road once, during CBSE, and nothing whatsoever happened to the display.

LOL! If the N90 is anything to go by, the N-Series is just the old stuff under a new lineup and higher price tags. Every Nokia phone is a brick and slower than some of the Pentium-I PCs I have seen.

You're quotes are right. But you need to see beyond the door - Nokia only offers certian phones which are slow. On the average, Nokia phones beat SE. And when I talk about the durability, I am not comparing only high end phones of either companies. On the average, once again, Nokia is a tad better than sony. And the N-series has a lot more to it than just remodelling. If you really want to take a closer look, one needs to use the phone. ;) And no offence or arguements meant mates !

S

saiaspire

Sony Ericssson Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nokia is just a Hype around the place.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
as per my opinion, specialy in low range, nokia really has a lot of marketing gimmick. Just think about 1600 &1110. no feature and they just ADS 'IT HAS TAKING ALARM'. just compare Nokia 2600,1600,1110,and such low range phones with Samsung C200,C210 C230 OR LG 2050, SE J300i, J210i, Z300 and others. just think about it, nokia's that phone has **display quality, no GPRS, no data cable support, and think about others they have 65K color GPRS, data cable support. here even people buy nokia's that *** phones.
ITS JUST like ''Computer matlob Intel & Phone Matlob NOKIA.'' they not even try others brands.
Nokia don't tell you clear specification, you'll can't find any phones GPRS version officially.
I think they can only get some GOOD marks in higher range with 3230,6630 6681 and N-series, even those phone are slow and many models are misses RADIO and , a must have feature for high range.Ya, we can add software and increase its features, but you can't add a radio, good display and other and nokia owners maximum faces datacable or BT problem just like with my 3220,and friends 3230. its connects and disconnects randomly except any cause.
From my experince i can tell that Nokia's signal receiving capacity decreases. my town has no SMART network. but my nearby town has SMART network, which shown me 1 or 2 signal lines on my OLD 3315. After that i bought SE T230, its also responds averagely. But now i using 3220 and i found that it unable to found any SMART signal, even LG and SAMSUNG easily catch SMART signal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At last i can tell you guys that just checkout SE launching some great models soon. it has some smartphones also, and i loves the W300i model and wants to buy.

Last edited:

alekh_khanna

Broken In
SE rules..
i have a SE S700i.. rocking display.. looks like u are gaming on ur pc...one of the 1st phones to play MP3s ( its old )...
love it.. simply !!!!

Drizzling Blur

Devoted Metalhead \\m//
Ericcson, Hands down anyday, Nokia will always have the creative edge and maybe technologically also, but then ultimately its Sony which concentrates more on the User point of view, everything from Styling, Options, Colours, Features are wonderfully taken care of.

Nokia phones are really boring, apart from the fact that they are really tuff and lots of Servicing Shops are present, i really dont like them.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
wow! this thread is still lasting...n going on...its been more than a mnth....newze gud going....im still voting for SE

cheers

kumarmohit

Technomancer
All SE ppl

Give me a SE reply to upcoming Nokia N93 The featureset includes:

*www.nseries.com/nseries/v2/media/p.../tech_specs_n93_en_AP.html?lang=en&country=AP
or the N83 which boasts 5mp cam & 4GB HDD Not cofirmed by Nokia officially)

*www.google.co.in/url?q=*www.market...D2DA2%7D&keyword=&sa=X&oi=news&ct=result&cd=1

rajasekharan

Youngling
sony all the way............................

i used sony all the way....t610, k700i, k750i........not a single complaint and works flawlessly.....

my firstphone being c300 or so from motorola.....used that for a year with no prob.....
then changed to nokia 2300 or so ....used it for a week...and discontinued cause i did not like it......then came SONY....and since then its SONY all the way....and i still love it.....:)

prankie

D PrankMaster
coz u never tried a smartphone thats why u were stuck with SE....
SE phones are good, specially there UI, specially when compared with series40 nokia phones, but series60 phones frm nokia are completly different breed...
try any of 'em, u'll really like 'em....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom