Nokia not big on India, sees the market as its "least favourable" for doing buisiness

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
i bought Nokia N72 with very hard earned money back in 2008, the phone stoped worrking after a year, when i went to claim warranty, they said its out of warranty and the reason my phone stoped working was that the circuit board (or we can say motherboard of phone) is bend and it cann be fixed....... i was very angry felt cheated

later i found that many of the nokia phone which had manufacturing defect were not recalled by nokia instead they sold it to save money. since then i dont recommend any nokia phone to anyone.

i have used many low cost samsung phone and they are way better than shitty nokia crap

well they should leave India, we dont need them, we have many company in india with good reputation...... the thing is that they cant stand against the competition, hence all this excuses..

if they want to do business they have to pay taxed like all other companies pay. look how EU countries do in such cases..

This is the first time i am hearing this. i brought Nokia E63 3 years back. its working perfectly fine till now.
One of my friend brought X6 two 3 years back. phone had some trouble with internet then Nokia Replaced X6 with C7 Which was Much costlier then X6 At that time.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I bought 4 nokias (& 3 SE and 2 samsung :D ) ... 3310, 3110, N70 and 5800 and other then looking ugly they are not bad...still working fine ....
I would say samsung are too delicate to handle...but its good that its a touchscreen era where u wont let ur handset fall down ;)

even now while traveling I use my most dependable 5800 for signal , music and can be used as a weapon :D

funskar

Padawan
One of my friend brought X6 two 3 years back. phone had some trouble with internet then Nokia Replaced X6 with C7 Which was Much costlier then X6 At that time.

Between myseld replaced nokia 5800xm with x6 16gb then extended the warranty by paying 490 inr for 1yr n then after 2 months got x6 replace to c7 n it's till running super fine one of my frnd's younger brother is use it...

Nokia superb in terms of service & quality..
Samshit have to scratch their Balls hard to defend service quality of nokia

Nokia is also good because they source components from within India, generating employment and revenue.

Nokia Asha 501 – Made in India, by India, for India

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
No more droids . We have enough already.
At least WP is a good alternative to droids and iOs. It needs to survive.

Yes. You are right in more choice for us. Nokia 520 for example is good phone at the given rate. But many more will buy if 520 also came with Android. I mean, not dual boot, but two different version with same hardware.

d3p

PowerHouse
i bought Nokia N72 with very hard earned money back in 2008, the phone stoped worrking after a year, when i went to claim warranty, they said its out of warranty and the reason my phone stoped working was that the circuit board (or we can say motherboard of phone) is bend and it cann be fixed....... i was very angry felt cheated

later i found that many of the nokia phone which had manufacturing defect were not recalled by nokia instead they sold it to save money. since then i dont recommend any nokia phone to anyone.

i have used many low cost samsung phone and they are way better than shitty nokia crap

well they should leave India, we dont need them, we have many company in india with good reputation...... the thing is that they cant stand against the competition, hence all this excuses..

if they want to do business they have to pay taxed like all other companies pay. look how EU countries do in such cases..

Company PR Identified....

Ironman

In the zone
*cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/w697/public/field/image/2013/08/Windows_Phone_Nokia_India.jpg?itok=hf92_MD5

Nokia not big on India, sees the market as its "least favourable" for doing buisiness | Windows Phone Central

We still need Nokia

As much as we need MMX or Karbonn or Samsung
Nokia is still our back up mobile !

and there the rock solid Symbian ............ our ex-loved mobile OS !:wink:

*d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5210842_700b.jpg

Last edited:

rosemolr

Journeyman
Nokia. I just can't find another reliable and rigid hardware other than Nokia.I have used almost every Phone brands which are available in India.Even today i'm using both iPhone and Galaxy but i would still prefer a Nokia if they release a phone with Android.The solid build quality makes Nokia exceptional.If later on we get true multitasking and rich app ecosystem from windows then definitely i will switch to windows phone too.

Till then Go Go Samsung...Go go Apple.

Hrishi

I have to disagree about that for a model Nokia N95 8gb.
Maybe that was a mistake or so but the build was pathetic compared to my previous phones like 6600, 6630 , N70, etc.
TBH , N95 became a PITA due to maintainanxe cost.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Went 18 times to service center in 15 months for my old Nokia 6303c (2009-2011). Stupid CC guys instead of repairing the phone actually kept flashing the os until I found that I.C. was damaged after the warranty had expired. even though it was a Nokia s40 handset, some good s40 apps from nokia store were shown as unavailable for it. I got the apps through a loophole and they worked absolutely fine.

So, I decided never to buy a nokia product again.

Top Bottom