Nokia not big on India, sees the market as its "least favourable" for doing buisiness

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
*cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/w697/public/field/image/2013/08/Windows_Phone_Nokia_India.jpg?itok=hf92_MD5

It would appear that Nokia isn't too keen on India these days. At least from a manufacturer's stand point. The issue at hand seems to be a hefty tax bill that has the Windows Phone OEM considering the country its "least favourable" market to operate in.

Nokia is fighting a $20 Billion rupee tax demand from the Indian Government (about $311 million U.S.). A tax burden that may have Nokia move the manufacturing of their mobile phones to China and import them to the Indian market.
Nokia not big on India, sees the market as its "least favourable" for doing buisiness | Windows Phone Central

Hrishi

Somewhere in ET , I read that Nokia is even threatening to leave India. With MoTo gone is it time for Nokia now ?

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^^Good for them. Indian market is ruled by samsung & micromax these days.. [Sony is gaining traction]

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Nokia should join android bandwagon now... that's the only saver for them.... M$ OS is still not there....

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nokia will not move out of india...it was one of the biggest market for them through out years....and maybe only one of the market where they still sell feature phones of Asha series

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
We will miss them badly. So unfortunate they did not go with Android. The newer models, feature and smart, they release are no gems either.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
They should have hoped into Android bandwagon when they could have, but they didn't. At the very least it would have helped them to come out just how Samsung benefited from Android.

Hrishi

No more droids . We have enough already.
At least WP is a good alternative to droids and iOs. It needs to survive.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i bought Nokia N72 with very hard earned money back in 2008, the phone stoped worrking after a year, when i went to claim warranty, they said its out of warranty and the reason my phone stoped working was that the circuit board (or we can say motherboard of phone) is bend and it cann be fixed....... i was very angry felt cheated

later i found that many of the nokia phone which had manufacturing defect were not recalled by nokia instead they sold it to save money. since then i dont recommend any nokia phone to anyone.

i have used many low cost samsung phone and they are way better than shitty nokia crap

well they should leave India, we dont need them, we have many company in india with good reputation...... the thing is that they cant stand against the competition, hence all this excuses..

if they want to do business they have to pay taxed like all other companies pay. look how EU countries do in such cases..

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^^ Well I bought Nokia N70 in 2007 & that is still working like a charm, that phone just don't want to die... :mrgreen:

funskar

Padawan
i bought Nokia N72 with very hard earned money back in 2008, the phone stoped worrking after a year, when i went to claim warranty, they said its out of warranty and the reason my phone stoped working was that the circuit board (or we can say motherboard of phone) is bend and it cann be fixed....... i was very angry felt cheated

later i found that many of the nokia phone which had manufacturing defect were not recalled by nokia instead they sold it to save money. since then i dont recommend any nokia phone to anyone.

i have used many low cost samsung phone and they are way better than shitty nokia crap

well they should leave India, we dont need them, we have many company in india with good reputation...... the thing is that they cant stand against the competition, hence all this excuses..

if they want to do business they have to pay taxed like all other companies pay. look how EU countries do in such cases..

:rofl:

I m shocked how you are comparing nokia with samsung & other brands in reputation..
Nokia is still the best in reputation & in service

Top Bottom