Nokia E5 or HTC Explorer, please suggest

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
this weekend i m planning to buy a new cell fone. i have short listed Nokia E5 and HTC Explorer. I know the E5 thoroughly but wanted the user review/experience of HTC Explorer. Please suggest.

saswat23

Human Spambot
E5 is quite old. Instead get HTC Cha Cha for around 11k or Samsung Glaxay Y Pro/Duos for around 8.5k.
HTC Explorer is a good one for 9.5k.
But before that, mention your use and budget.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
first decide are you comfortable with on screen keyboard. if yes, HTC Explorer else consider Galaxy Y Pro Duos.

mitraark

Decrepit
E5 is a really old Model , do not consider buying it.

My sister has it , i can assure you there are much better options out there instead of Symbian 3.

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
@OP

I have been using HTC explorer for more than a month now...and it's kinda disappointing for me in the following aspects:

1. Low internal memory - I didn't realize that i would want to download so many apps at a moment so i got this set. But i realize now that having a big storage is really helpful. and that App2SD application sucks it only moves some part of space of the app to the SD card.

2. 3.5 mm Headphone jack - the make of it is a little different than normal..it's slightly tilted. i've tried many old nokia headphones in it but the sound is hopeless and i mean realllyyyyyy hopeless..it echoes and distorts..AUX wires in the car work fine but some of them stay loose and the phone doesn't detect anything. Though my Logitech headphones for my pc fit perfectly. So i m still sad about not getting a right headphone..still searching for it.

Though i hate these two features...it is my first smartphone and for email and internet it is really good...the display is awesome and i really like the make and quality of the device..

These are my views rest is up to you..!!!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Nokia E5 is very old, and hardly considered a real smartphone in this day and age when the competition is so high...

HTC ChaCha is a piece of garbage. Please never ever consider that phone...

Your best option is HTC Explorer @ Rs 8000. Got one recently for a cousin from tradus website...

@justme101, Root your phone, partition your MicroSD card and create a small partition, of around 500 to 750 MB in ext3 format. Download Link2SD from Android market, open it, select all apps, and click on "create link". You will have more internal memory than you could ever use...

Cheers!

aroraanant

Explorer
Explorer is the best low budget touch screen android phone, just grab it, I m sure you won't regret your decision.

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
for now i am dropping the idea of buying entry level Android phone. may be after few months :) right now i want a qwerty fone, 3g capable. mostly to be used for email and internet. pls reply soon. will b buying after 2 hrs.

budget not to xceed 8.5k :)

Raccoon

Journeyman
Nokia E5 is very old, and hardly considered a real smartphone in this day and age when the competition is so high...

HTC ChaCha is a piece of garbage. Please never ever consider that phone...

Your best option is HTC Explorer @ Rs 8000. Got one recently for a cousin from tradus website...

@justme101, Root your phone, partition your MicroSD card and create a small partition, of around 500 to 750 MB in ext3 format. Download Link2SD from Android market, open it, select all apps, and click on "create link". You will have more internal memory than you could ever use...

Cheers!

Why do you say the Chacha is a piece of grabage? I know battery is below average and screen size is a tad small to enjoy the experience properly. Are there any other issues/drawbacks?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
E5 is a really old Model , do not consider buying it.

My sister has it , i can assure you there are much better options out there instead of Symbian 3.

it's not even symbian 3 it's symbian s60

get the explorer if you are not dying for a qwerty

Gauravs90

geek........
2. 3.5 mm Headphone jack - the make of it is a little different than normal..it's slightly tilted. i've tried many old nokia headphones in it but the sound is hopeless and i mean realllyyyyyy hopeless..it echoes and distorts..AUX wires in the car work fine but some of them stay loose and the phone doesn't detect anything. Though my Logitech headphones for my pc fit perfectly. So i m still sad about not getting a right headphone..still searching for it.

Nokia earphone and IEM's are not supported on standard 3.5mm jacks because of mic. You need to buy IEM's to use with explorer.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Why do you say the Chacha is a piece of grabage? I know battery is below average and screen size is a tad small to enjoy the experience properly. Are there any other issues/drawbacks?

It has very low RAM. Software is very badly coded by HTC. When you start the new phone for the first time, before you complete the setup, you would most probably get an FC and a message asking you to close some app because you are low on memory.

None of the apps on Android are optimized for landscape screen use of the ChaCha, except a few games maybe, which are also unusable on that screen size and resolution.

So, my sincere recommendation would be to stay away from such phones.

Cheers!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
This is the sole reason why we won't see any HTC Android mobile with QWERTY. not sure what QWERTY they were talking about. Slideout or the normal one but HTC has announced that for now, they won't launch any Android with QWERTY.

Top Bottom