Nokia 7100 vs 5130XM vs 3110c vs 3500c

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Re: Nokia 3110c vs 3500c

The thing about both these Nokia phones is that they are budget phones. They still do a lot of stuff but the way these things are done isn't exactly spectacular. For example in 3500c there is a 2mp camera, but quality is nothing to write home about. Same goes for the display and other stuff. A demanding user such as yourself will find these phones very lacklustre.

Which is exactly why I suggested G502. For the slight premium that you pay over the Nokia phones you also get better performance. There is a better display, better camera, better UI, better Java performance, better audio/video quality, better connectivity, etc. This phone would suit your usage much better than the Nokia 3110 or 3500 Classic.

The thing about both these Nokia phones is that they are budget phones. They still do a lot of stuff but the way these things are done isn't exactly spectacular. For example in 3500c there is a 2mp camera, but quality is nothing to write home about. Same goes for the display and other stuff. A demanding user such as yourself will find these phones very lacklustre.

Which is exactly why I suggested G502. For the slight premium that you pay over the Nokia phones you also get better performance. There is a better display, better camera, better UI, better Java performance, better audio/video quality, better connectivity, etc. This phone would suit your usage much better than the Nokia 3110 or 3500 Classic.
Kya karoon yaar, wallet mein bahut kum bacha hai.

Anyway, what say bout the prices ?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

The prices are correct. They are the same as the ones here. You won't get it any cheaper.

Also I suggested you 5300 and not 5200. See if you can get the 5300 or else get the 3500c.

The prices are correct. They are the same as the ones here. You won't get it any cheaper.

Also I suggested you 5300 and not 5200. See if you can get the 5300 or else get the 3500c.
well, what about internet ? IS it feasable to surf the net via 3110c ?
I think 3500c does not seem worth the money when it sells at 5.5K compared to 4.5K of 3110c.

And yeah, my friend got this PMP from this Hong Kong based company called JXD. It comes with 2 years manufacturers warranty. It has the following features:

1. 2.2" screen, QVGA (I guess - it appeared quite sharp)
  2. Camera - 1.3 MP
  3. Video Recording
  4. Photography
  5. Audio recording
  6. View/play all above plus text files
  7. 1GB inbuilt memory
  8. Expandable memory via SD card (I guess its micro)
  9. JAVA GAMES

It costs Rs. 2,000 including tax. With bill. In JXD Hyderabad showroom.

does it seem worth buying ?

I am thinking of getting this plus a cheap 1K phone instead, IF and only IF browsing internet in 3110c does not appear feasable.

clmlbx

Technomancer

well I am using 3500c and 3120c

both are good

3120c gets back of battery and it's video recording resolution but it's features are pretty good

say if u get another battery and don't use for some pro like video recording then it is best

3500 is best in it's budget . using it since last 1 year (actually 10 months)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

well, what about internet ? IS it feasable to surf the net via 3110c ?
I think 3500c does not seem worth the money when it sells at 5.5K compared to 4.5K of 3110c.

And yeah, my friend got this PMP from this Hong Kong based company called JXD. It comes with 2 years manufacturers warranty. It has the following features:

1. 2.2" screen, QVGA (I guess - it appeared quite sharp)
  2. Camera - 1.3 MP
  3. Video Recording
  4. Photography
  5. Audio recording
  6. View/play all above plus text files
  7. 1GB inbuilt memory
  8. Expandable memory via SD card (I guess its micro)
  9. JAVA GAMES

It costs Rs. 2,000 including tax. With bill. In JXD Hyderabad showroom.

does it seem worth buying ?

I am thinking of getting this plus a cheap 1K phone instead, IF and only IF browsing internet in 3110c does not appear feasable.

Browsing with Opera Mini on 3110c or 3500c won't be much fun due to the low resolution display. Also Java app performance isn't the greatest in S40 phones, so the app will lag a bit.

As for that media player, I cannot comment without seeing it. I am not fond of cheap devices as the quality of materials used is often poor and hence performance and reliability is compromised. They may offer lots of features, but it is not worth it. Better buy something from a reputed company, even if it is expensive.

Browsing with Opera Mini on 3110c or 3500c won't be much fun due to the low resolution display. Also Java app performance isn't the greatest in S40 phones, so the app will lag a bit.

As for that media player, I cannot comment without seeing it. I am not fond of cheap devices as the quality of materials used is often poor and hence performance and reliability is compromised. They may offer lots of features, but it is not worth it. Better buy something from a reputed company, even if it is expensive.
Well, if browsing is not fun, not much point getting it.

And as for media player, I have seen several myself, and they are not half bad. JXD turns out to be a pretty popular and reputed company in China, but quite localised, because its PMPs support only Simplified Chinese and English as languages. I say its comparable to India's BPL in terms of local reliability. Anyway, this model I am talking about can't run ALL 3rd party java games, but it does have inbuilt games. It also has TV-Out.

What do you say to getting myself a Nokia 1100 along with a JXD ?

JXD 661: *www.jxd.cc/en/product_view.asp?id=265 This is the model I am thinking of...

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

^^^ i have a jxd bought it for 4.3k it's about 1 year old

lol thanks for telling me it's a company ........

1st of all it sound like a bhopu !!!!

and the colours on the screen are not good even.

Camera 2.0 MP, resolution up to 1280*720

Camera is 2 MP but see the resolution not even better than 3110 classic and it's camera sucks big time

and where you heard that it allow java ?? lol my one only plays NES extension games

buttons are hard to press

for a pmp it is not worth it man it sucks

don't go for it man really !@!

^^^ i have a jxd bought it for 4.3k it's about 1 year old

lol thanks for telling me it's a company ........

1st of all it sound like a bhopu !!!!

and the colours on the screen are not good even.

Camera 2.0 MP, resolution up to 1280*720

Camera is 2 MP but see the resolution not even better than 3110 classic and it's camera sucks big time

and where you heard that it allow java ?? lol my one only plays NES extension games

buttons are hard to press

for a pmp it is not worth it man it sucks

don't go for it man really !@!
Here is the review of my friend's JXD:

1. Sound quality good. Not excellent, but good enough.
2. Camera is 1.3MP, and its also quite good. I took a few pics, and they are all good.
3. He showed me some java games he played on his JXD. It does play them.
4. WTH ? It plays NES games ? You mean it has a NES emulator too ?

And yeah, you paid 4.3K for it ? My friend got it with warranty for 2K.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

Well if you like that JXD thing you can get it. But you won't be getting any recommendation on it from me as I'm still not quite sure about it's quality. You might as well get a Transcend player. It might not have all the bells and whistles like the camera and Java app support but they have respectable quality and are far more reliable. Go to www.transcendusa.com to see a list of their players. They are quite inexpensive.

Oh and btw, 1100 is not available any more. But there are several other cheap Nokia phones that have replaced it.

Well if you like that JXD thing you can get it. But you won't be getting any recommendation on it from me as I'm still not quite sure about it's quality. You might as well get a Transcend player. It might not have all the bells and whistles like the camera and Java app support but they have respectable quality and are far more reliable. Go to www.transcendusa.com to see a list of their players. They are quite inexpensive.

Oh and btw, 1100 is not available any more. But there are several other cheap Nokia phones that have replaced it.

Hey! I totally forgot... I DO have a transcend T-Sonic 610 mp3 player. Quite good sound quality, but the problem is the limited 2GB memory. Having SD card support helps because I can change cards the way my dad used to change cassettes.

And yeah, I remember now. The shop guy said 1100 is discontinued. Any worthy enough successors ?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

1200 is the successor of 1100

here is a sample pic via it lolz

i think it's the best i got lolz

*img239.imageshack.us/img239/825/img00006fs5.jpg

my opinion about is a big NO ..........

GeekyBoy

In the zone

Here is the review of my friend's JXD:

1. Sound quality good. Not excellent, but good enough.
2. Camera is 1.3MP, and its also quite good. I took a few pics, and they are all good.
3. He showed me some java games he played on his JXD. It does play them.
4. WTH ? It plays NES games ? You mean it has a NES emulator too ?

And yeah, you paid 4.3K for it ? My friend got it with warranty for 2K.

Don't go for that JXD one. One of my friends has a JXD with exactly the same specs as yours, but it's memory slot doesn't seem to be working.

1200 is the successor of 1100

here is a sample pic via it lolz

i think it's the best i got lolz

*img239.imageshack.us/img239/825/img00006fs5.jpg

my opinion about is a big NO ..........

which is the camera used for that pic may I know ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom