Nokia 7100 vs 5130XM vs 3110c vs 3500c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Re: Nokia 3110c vs 3500c

So you were talking about Push-to-talk technology.
I don't think it much of use & one can dump it. I have never seen anyone using it. :razz:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^It does not say if its useful.
By the looks of it; it isnt useful.

3110c and 3500c are about to end their active product life and give their crown to 71000, 5130XM and the likes. The new phones offer considerably good features for similar price tags; the main being screen resolution/size. Hence I think; though 3110/3500 are good phones; it aint the right time to go for one. :neutral:

GeekyBoy

In the zone
^^ I agree, but 7100 supernova is never going to sell very well because of its unexpandable memory. 5130 XM is typically an upgrade to the nokia 5300 but at a price lower. Its got 8gb expandable mem(its specs are on gsmarena)
and a 2mp camera whereas 5300xm has oly a 1.3mp and a 2gb exp mem.

Yeah, I think 3110c can still hold its hands down at the 4.5K category because 7100 lacks expandable memory.

But I think it makes a good internet browser phone.

Only 3500c will die, and I think 5130XM is going to rule.

NOWHERE can I find its REAL price, only its expected price. Many guys say here that it can take 15 more days to arrive. Me is going to wait. Waiting is good.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Whats the inbuilt memory in 7100? If my opinion counts, for browsing, 7100 will beat 3110 hands down. Higher resolution, qvga?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Whats the inbuilt memory in 7100? If my opinion counts, for browsing, 7100 will beat 3110 hands down. Higher resolution, qvga?

The Internal memory is just 4 MB No external slot to expand it. WTF !!!
The resolution is QVGA & it comes with OM for browsing.

GeekyBoy

In the zone

Now, no one's gonna trade expandable memory just for a higher resolution, right ? Another thing to consider is its price: Rs 4600. Who will buy a phone with no expandable memory at that price, when better alternatives are available , at the same price point ? And it isn't good for browsing. It may have a larger screen, but where will the user store one's files ? The camera,etc and everything which requires storage will simply be useless on the 7100.

Only 3500c will die, and I think 5130XM is going to rule.

Absolutely!! And when it drops below the 5k level, I'm gonna buy one :D:D

Last edited:
Haven't ANY of you guys bothered to check at a local store about the release date of 5130XM ? Nobody quoted me the price, but one guy said it can come in another two weeks. This is in Bangalore.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
One thing I would really like to tell people that if we've started a thread, we can change its title by ourselves. Just EDIT the 'Title' text field in your 1st post...........:D

If only it was that easy. You cannot change the thread title yourself. The method you suggested only changes the title of the first post. The thread title can only be changed my moderators and administrators.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Offtopic

If only it was that easy. You cannot change the thread title yourself. The method you suggested only changes the title of the first post. The thread title can only be changed my moderators and administrators.
I'm not that n00b that I'll make statements before trying it out: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101758 Go through this thread. I've changed it myself.

I was also thinking that this can be done only by the admins/moderators, but then I just thought of trying to change the title of the 1st post, voila it worked. :lol:

Well, the posts which were replied to the previous title of the thread, "the CRICKET channel" have this as their reply title and after when I had changed the name of the thread to "the official CRICKET thread", have the posts have "the official CRICKET thread" as their reply title and not to forget, when we go through the Chit-chat section, the name of the thread we see is, "the official CRICKET thread".......:lol:

The title of the thread is actually determined by the title of the 1st post of the thread.

And not to forget, do have a look at "Offtopic" at the beginning of this post.

Some things are very simple but they are ignored.....:lol:

Last edited:
Re: Offtopic

I'm not that n00b that I'll make statements before trying it out: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101758 Go through this thread. I've changed it myself.

I was also thinking that this can be done only by the admins/moderators, but then I just thought of trying to change the title of the 1st post, voila it worked. :lol:

Well, the posts which were replied to the previous title of the thread, "the CRICKET channel" have this as their reply title and after when I had changed the name of the thread to "the official CRICKET thread", have the posts have "the official CRICKET thread" as their reply title and not to forget, when we go through the Chit-chat section, the name of the thread we see is, "the official CRICKET thread".......:lol:

The title of the thread is actually determined by the title of the 1st post of the thread.

And not to forget, do have a look at "Offtopic" at the beginning of this post.

Some things are very simple but they are ignored.....:lol:
Wrong you are.
That works only for the first 5mins after posting.
Take a look at the new title of first post and thread title in this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom