Nokia 7100 vs 5130XM vs 3110c vs 3500c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nokia 3110c vs 3500c

lol JXD one
Really ? The quality does not seem as bad as I expected. On a JXD, the main use for the cam would NOT be photography. For that, I will be getting a 5-7K cam. JXD is mainly for recording some information I need. So JXD is still an open option......

Update: I have finally zeroed in on Nokia 3110c. But this time, it won't be for me. I am buying my dad a birthday gift, so I decided to get him a 3110c. And I get his 3 years old Nokia 1100, since that is enough for my use when coupled with my already existing MP3 player, and I can pull on for another 6-8 months with it.

GeekyBoy

In the zone

^^ Even I got my dad's 6 yr old 3350 a few days ago with a change of battery, for daily usage ! So my situation and yours are alike except the slight difference...

^^ Even I got my dad's 6 yr old 3350 a few days ago with a change of battery, for daily usage ! So my situation and yours are alike except the slight difference...
Actually, my dad had a 1100 which he gave to my mom after buying a Samsung X210. Now, the X210 goes to my mom (who only recieves calls - and makes no calls nor SMSes, so only needs the X210 for its FM Radio) and my mom's 1100 comes to me (or I may even give it to my sister). Its 3.5 years old BTW.

And yeah, Dad's birthday is on Nov 11th, so I am buying him a 3110c. Is it a good idea ? I am thinking of waiting for 3110 Evolve. When will it be out ? What difference does it have except the cool new look ?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

And yeah, Dad's birthday is on Nov 11th, so I am buying him a 3110c. Is it a good idea ? I am thinking of waiting for 3110 Evolve. When will it be out ? What difference does it have except the cool new look ?

There isn't much of a difference between the two. If I remember correctly the Evolve is made of some eco-friendly materials. That's all. I don't know whether it is available in India or whether it'll ever be available. If you want the 3110, then just get the standard version available right now.

Btw even my dad's birthday is on 11 November (11/11). :)

There isn't much of a difference between the two. If I remember correctly the Evolve is made of some eco-friendly materials. That's all. I don't know whether it is available in India or whether it'll ever be available. If you want the 3110, then just get the standard version available right now.
I know about the eco friendly part, but I also feel that atleast in images on the internet, it looks slightly different and better. And both these, IMO, are enough reasons to give it a second thought IF AND ONLY IF its priced within Rs. 500 of 3110c.
Btw even my dad's birthday is on 11 November (11/11). :)
Cool. :D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

I've never seen it in shop here. Only the standard version is on sale.

GeekyBoy

In the zone

Actually, my dad had a 1100 which he gave to my mom after buying a Samsung X210. Now, the X210 goes to my mom (who only recieves calls - and makes no calls nor SMSes, so only needs the X210 for its FM Radio) and my mom's 1100 comes to me (or I may even give it to my sister). Its 3.5 years old BTW.

I've been hearing about the evolve from about April this year and it still hasn't arrived ?

btw, my birthday is a day before your and krazzy's dad's !:)

Big problem. My dad reports that some stores have hiked price by 20% for all mobiles. Is it true ?

And yeah, can I find software for 3110c like scientific calculator and gmail checker ?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

lol those softwares might be there but the thing is 3110 classic got very less resolution hence i think those appz might be available for standard resolution only

Last edited:

Hmm.... Nokia 5130 XpressMusic launched for 5.5K. I heard it has QVGA screen and dedicated music phone capabilities. Should I go for it instead of 3110c ? I have time till one more week to buy.

And yeah, I am also considering 7100 Supernova as an option. I think 7100 looks like an improvement over 3110c and 5130 looks like an improvement over 3500c. Please comment. Also, what can be their expected prices ? Can I get 7100 in 4.5K and 5130 in 5.5K ? Extra 0.5K don't mind.

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

Yup 5310 looks a good deal now. Maybe get a good headset after a while & you are good to have a great music experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom