No room for Amazon ?

bubusam13

Human
Retail firms with FDI won’t get to do e-commerce

The government on Thursday decided not to allow companies with foreign direct investment (FDI) to sell their products through the Internet in India.
The move, which effectively shuts the door on Amazon and other foreign e-commerce firms, will also prevent foreign retail companies that enter India from selling online.

Read more here India won’t allow e-commerce by retail companies with FDI - Livemint

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
actually they should have allowed eCommerce and prevent investment in malls etc for the benefit of shopkeepers.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I second that. But what to expect from this Govt.?

So much for FDI in retail. :lol:

sujoyp

Grand Master
agree 100% with bubusam....govt is stupid...they should have allowed e-commerce which is targeted only on higher middle class and rich people rather then aloowing FDI in retails like wallmart which will spoil the business on common man

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
actually they should have allowed eCommerce and prevent investment in malls etc for the benefit of shopkeepers.

completely agree with you .. but the situation is exactly the opposite though.

e-commerce sites like amazon, newegg etc. should be allowed with some proper rules but who gives a damn about what is right .....

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Tesco, Asda are really crippled without online shopping expereience .Its not even got to do with doing online payment and actually buying the product online.Just checking out the details of the item.

When in UK i usually check out item on TESCO's website before i actually buy it physically.

Please someone give a 2 year kids sense to these so called policy makers of India . Please :(

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
LOL, do you think they are making policies for you and me? Don't dream of. :p

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
They barred FDI from eCommerce just to bring down the protests happening presently against FDI. They wanna fool people they think of the Jaunta.

Top Bottom