Next Gen Console discussion ( PS4 'n Xbox One'n Wii U )

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well it will actually hurt all the parties, customer, console maker and game developer. If it would be like this then many people will just cut themselves out from the console gaming as it would be much more costly than before.
The idea to charge for activating the second hand game using lesser amount of money is a good idea. I hope that both the company see this point and change the decision or well PC gaming will be on top unchallenged which I want anyway. :p

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
why charge for a 2nd hand game?? its my game, i bought it with money, and i may sell it to whoever i want..

as it, MS is already charging gamers ~60$ per year for XLive service, contrary to free PSN, isnt this bleeding the same tree that MS is growing on[parasitically]??

tkin

Back to school!!
Well it will actually hurt all the parties, customer, console maker and game developer. If it would be like this then many people will just cut themselves out from the console gaming as it would be much more costly than before.
The idea to charge for activating the second hand game using lesser amount of money is a good idea. I hope that both the company see this point and change the decision or well PC gaming will be on top unchallenged which I want anyway. :p
If console gaming dies, the revenues goes away, studio dies, pc gaming dies :(

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Ouch...That hurts. Don't give me that, I just bought a gaming RIG.

What tkin said is absolutely true. Studios exist due to consoles.
This is just a move to generate more revenue. Not talking about india but people in developed nations will buy games no matter how expensive
they become or 2nd hand games are banned. This is purely a revenue generating move.

Indian gamers will be much affected than most others though. But as i said, there will definitely be a workaround.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well then console gaming market would be very competitive in terms of games because if you are putting 2.5K on a game then you would make it damn sure that its worth your money.

gameranand

Living to Play
Always online, piracy will have a hard time, just like how hard it is to crack antiviruses since they always keep on updating the program.

Basically means that anyone who want to play game offline in some distant place is no go.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
PS4 will also have this.

didnt see this, got any links??

I see increased piracy. :(

not much.. now xbox is moving over to BluRays, most games will be massive in size[exclusives will be].. so, not much takers in India with its state of net connectivity/bandwidth.

Always online, piracy will have a hard time, just like how hard it is to crack antiviruses since they always keep on updating the program.

with PC-like architectures, more modders will be itching to lay their hands on the security protocols. I see more GeoHotz-s ;)

btw, i was thinking, now that both ps4 and xbox are moving towards PC architectures, how easy will game emulation be??

amjath

Human Spambot
^ thats exactly what i wanted to know. U see there is no emulator for xbox and ps3 games [correct me if i'm wrong] to play them in PC. So this PC architecture in next gen consoles may give way for emulators right?

Or may be it ll be extremely easy for game dev's to port any console to PC easily isn't it??

If so this move in new architecture, will make companies to invest less 'cause they can port them easily

So again more money here

As if they don't make enough, just use a online pass system, like where they charge to use online mp, like some ea games are doing, why stop the entire secondhand game system? Or charge say $5 to activate a second hand game, locking it is crazy.

Greedy towards money :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
not much.. now xbox is moving over to BluRays, most games will be massive in size[exclusives will be].. so, not much takers in India with its state of net connectivity/bandwidth.

Not talking about India exclusively.

Unlike AV, games don't need to be updated on a daily basis. Unless games become like Diablo III with server side assets, it will remain very crackable. Look at Ubisoft and even Steamworks games. ;)

Also read this:-

Xbox 720 to use always-on DRM? It would doom the console

With games breaking sales records left and right, it’s not like piracy or the used games market is actually hitting the console gaming industry so hard that console developers need to cut out a portion of its market in order to protect the rest of it. On top of that, as we’ve seen, always-on DRM induces rage, and making everyone mad isn’t the best way to garner good will for a product launch.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Here we go! Next-gen Microsoft Xbox to have Siri-like voice recognition

Digital Voice assistant even in gaming consoles now!

tkin

Back to school!!
didnt see this, got any links??

with PC-like architectures, more modders will be itching to lay their hands on the security protocols. I see more GeoHotz-s ;)

btw, i was thinking, now that both ps4 and xbox are moving towards PC architectures, how easy will game emulation be??

1. No emulation, its extremely unoptimized, hence to run a PS2 game you needed a powerful PC, with the monstrous Hardware these consoles will have it'll be impossible. Just the hardware is same, but you do need to run the games, and we won't have access to the custom direct x or open gl interface of the consoles.

2. Geohotz wasn't successful with new firmware which needed a haardware mod, I don't have much faith in him :|

Not talking about India exclusively.

Unlike AV, games don't need to be updated on a daily basis. Unless games become like Diablo III with server side assets, it will remain very crackable. Look at Ubisoft and even Steamworks games. ;)

Also read this:-

Xbox 720 to use always-on DRM? It would doom the console
One issue, what if they ship a new firmware code with almost every new game, like some PS3 games come with silent firmware update inbuilt?

Here we go! Next-gen Microsoft Xbox to have Siri-like voice recognition

Digital Voice assistant even in gaming consoles now!
With kinect ready this was just one step away, wonder why it didn't have it upto now.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
1. No emulation, its extremely unoptimized, hence to run a PS2 game you needed a powerful PC, with the monstrous Hardware these consoles will have it'll be impossible. Just the hardware is same, but you do need to run the games, and we won't have access to the custom direct x or open gl interface of the consoles.

2. Geohotz wasn't successful with new firmware which needed a haardware mod, I don't have much faith in him :|

One issue, what if they ship a new firmware code with almost every new game, like some PS3 games come with silent firmware update inbuilt?
With kinect ready this was just one step away, wonder why it didn't have it upto now.

FYI each ps3 disc does have the latest firmware[at the time of game release] on it. its nothing silent.. when the system senses that a newer firmware is present on the disc, it automatically updates. and those updates are forced. again, f/w checks take place each time someone logs into PSN. updated f/w is must for net connectivity.

GeoHotz did not get the opportunity to work on the new firmware.. Sony had already lawsuited his ass for making the private keys public/posting work arounds for security checks...

gameranand

Living to Play
With voice assistant India will be doomed, My computer never listens to me correctly no matter what I do. I have speak in another accent to make it understand correctly.

tkin

Back to school!!
With voice assistant India will be doomed, My computer never listens to me correctly no matter what I do. I have speak in another accent to make it understand correctly.
Maybe the computer thinks you are suppose to speak english like this:
*youtu.be/mXKGzBHHU84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom