Next Gen Console discussion ( PS4 'n Xbox One'n Wii U )

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkv0id

Journeyman
^ Hehe, must have missed that. I thought it hadn't been mentioned, I would have expected a bigger $hitstorm.

heidi2521

Padawan
*news.xbox.com/~/media/Images/Media...ing/Branding/XboxOneBrandGuidelines052013.pdf

The guidelines for the X Box.

*i.imgur.com/c2PWtRu.jpg

I wonder who wrote the X's XGuidelines. I wonder of the 385mn prediction for the next gen how many sold will be Ones.

@darkv0id

I'm still miffed that Sony does not support the Dual Shock 3. The Wii & Wii U have optional in game support the Gamecube & Wii controllers(respectively) even though a few features are missing.

*www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/201...sole-generation-can-grow-market-by-30-percent

If most of the major 3rd party games continue to come to the PS360 it will reduce the demand for a new console, not increase.

Theoritically PS4 is actually powerful than XBOX due to the following reason:-

1. Better GPU: 1154 Stream Processors compared to 768 of XBOX
2. GDDR5 Memory: PS4 has a memory bandwidth of 170 GBps whereas XBOX' 2133 MHz DDR3 ram can provide maximum of 68.7 GBps of bandwidth. Although use of 32 MB sRAM chip as cahce might help XBox to gain some more effective bandwidth, it also needs careful programming to make the applications taking advantage of it.

Thank you for the info...so what do you think the practical implications will be.. considering the resources used by the OS in the xbox one?

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Except for Namco, Sega, Warner, 5th Cell, Shin'en Multimedia, Frozenbyte, Ganbarion, Atlus, Ubisoft, Activision, Capcom, Two Tribes, Platinum Games, Mistwalker according to rumors, Wayforward, Disney, Tecmo Koei, Travellers Tales, 505 games, now even EA etc.

Wow what a long list :deadbored:

Not gonna talk about most of the unheard developers dishing out jrpg's for jap kids. The ones worthwhile are namco, capcom, ubisoft, platinum,activision and ofcourse EA.
Ok now where were we...........ah yes..games. You see all those third party devs you talk about are going to support (maybe) this year or until next.

The wii-u titles will be completely different from xbox one or ps4. Reason is simple i.e indifferent development standards. Ubi has watchdogs /assassin's creed for wii-u because it still develops for ps3 and 360 and porting those to wii-u ( even scaled down) is not an issue. That said, the product is going to look nowhere near as good as ps4 and xbone. The AI is going to be reflected in performance too as per reports.

Same rule applies for all. Until crossplatform developments include ps3 and 360, there is a chance wii-u will get those same titles albeit much scaled down from the two next gen consoles.
If the next tekken game excludes ps3 and 360, i don't think it will come to wii- u due to obvious reasons.

Activision is also not going to bring all its games to wii-u. Bungie's destiny is the perfect example. Its also an exception that it exists for ps3 and 360 as well, but wii-u is skipped.
Same will apply for future COD titles and new ip's.

Capcom is same too. Lost planet 3 is skipped. Deep down is another example. Not all major titles will hit wii-u. Only wii-u centric titles will hit. Let wait till E3 to see how many titles capcom
has planned for wii-u? I assume it won't be many.

About platinum, lets wait and watch how long they are going to support wii-u. No revengeance for wii-u. Once they start bagging projects for ps4 and xbone, i wonder if they look back at wii-u.
Just a couple of exclusives and i assume they're done.

And finally EA, again no frostbite 3 or sports titles. I wonder what kind of games they've planned for wii-u. Maybe they use the mobile version of frostbite (frostbiteGo). lol

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Another wholesale response :D

PLEASE, do bother to read the whole thing this time...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/consoles/10677d1369296628-next-gen-console-discussion-ps4-n-xbox-onen-wii-u-xb1.jpg

exclusive in game footage from call of duty : ghosts

This is so real ! HOLY ****. THE TEXTURE COUNT IS THROUGH THE ROOF

*www.gamespot.com/23-5-2013/xbox-one/call-of-duty-ghosts-special-preview/live-in-game-footage.jpeg

*images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/3/4/6/1/7/3/3/call-of-dogs-world-at-war-91911659184.jpeg

The link results in an Error 404.

The ‘Console War’ is so last decade: How everyone wins with Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Hmmm i wonder why somebody is deliberately left out here!:chinscratch: Oh heck who cares anyway . The real next-gen consoles is all that matters. :p

So hailing a console for doing something "smart" TVs are already doing? And it's impossible to find a large screen TV without the "smart" aspect anyway. Nintendo is a gaming company and that is how they designed the console. Microsoft and to an extent Sony are making boxes that are multimedia devices, not gaming consoles.

Actually, heat will be dependent on the ram type only. because of the ps4 approach of SoC the ram sticks and the apu will be soldered on the board directly. The processor of the apu is the jaguar which is an 8 core SoC having increased performance over bobcat cpu, overclocked to 1.6GHz and the Gpu is a custom radeon solution. Sony will be using 512mb x 16 ram chips for 8GB GDDR5 ( most probably be ~75nm so its pretty high compared to the core which will be 28 or 40 nm). Since these ram chips will be running at a pretty high clock speed of equivalent of 5.5Ghz, these will be heating up the most.

If you have noticed, the gddr5 ram in the ps4 will be equivalent to a high end gpu like a 7970, and in those cards the heatsink covers all of the gpu board specially the ram. If the ram isnt cooled properly, its the ram which will get burnt and not the core of the gpu.

mean while, kaz hira is growing 1 extra finger and yet reducing 2 fingers ;)

SNIP

they screwed up the xbox one reveal because this must have been giving them nightmares.

SNIP

can i haz memes please ?

SNIP

Peter parker : getting the xbox one

SNIP

Not sure how you can ascertain that GDDR5 will have a higher manufacturing process. There is no 75nm, even in a half-shrink. 80nm is higher and the next lower option is 55nm.
Die shrink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, Hynix has 40nm GDDR5 memory. Hynix Introduces World's First 40 nm Class 2 Gb GDDR5 DRAM | techPowerUp
If Sony is using Hynix memory, then definitely 40nm to keep everything under control. And if Hynix can do this in 2009, then after ~3-4 years, Samsung should also be able to, since Samsung is as good as Hynix, if not better at making memory. You can assume that worst case scenario, a 55nm node will be used.

While clock speed is directly proportional to temperature increase, that is where binning and QC comes into play. A chip capable of 5.5Ghz will emit the same amount of heat as a chip capable of 5Ghz, because that is where efficiency matters. Why else would a GTX 580 and a GTX 570 use the same cooling solution? If Sony is using 5.5Ghz RAM, then it's nominal clock is 5.5/4=1375Mhz. This speed is actually pretty low. The 5.5Ghz spec is not the operating frequency, it is the effective frequency because the data rate is quadrupled in a GDDR5 system- that is why GDDR3 had nominal clock speed X and effective speed 2X, because the data rate got doubled.
Also, it is logical that the stock cooling solution for the GPUs cools the entire board, and not just the core. But you will see that many aftermarket solutions or AIB designs either cool the RAM passively (with tiny heatsinks). Whether the RAM is on a stick or on the board itself doesn't matter. If anything, they might just install 6Ghz chips underclocked to reduce the heat compared to a 5.5Ghz rated chip.

Yeah but then you wont be able to play other games on you xb :p .... I am also not sure if your xbox account will be tied up to your xbox alone, someone please confirm..

I feel the XBOX one is a good entertainment device for the living room like the Wii and will fill in the next gen Family console gap left by Wii... However I feel (and I wish to be proved wrong) it is harmfull for core gaming unlike Wii.
Wii helped the industry by making gaming a family thing and a hip thing, till then gamers were almost outcasts and gaming was seen as a vice like smoking or drinking. Now when more people are getting into gaming, why does M$ want to get people more interested in TV, when its obviously a competitor.
The XBOX one by making TV more important and interactive may prove harmfull for gaming industry, since the Halo, NHL stuff etc may draw people away from gaming.
The so called voice control and gesture control shenanigans are already being provided by the smart tvs and they are only going to get better, so I dont understand why would anyone want to buy a XBOX one for the feature. Also since PS4 seems to be concentrating on the hardcore games with the tie-ups with AAA and Indie games, why would anyone spend more on xbone when they get better hardware and more and different types of games with a PS4
Instead of blowing stuff on these, if M$ had invested in better casual games...which whole family can play or indie games (as they did for xbox 360) or better hardware... it would have taken the gaming boom to the next level.
However I am glad that Sony, which was arrogant like hell in the past has come around and taken care of some of the things like Indie and Hardcore games etc.
I think XBOX and Wii U will be fighting for the Wii's Family/casual market this time, where as the PS4 will be taking over the market of 360 and ps3.
I wish Nintendo and Xbone wont suffer huge losses, but learn a good lesson (Like sony)... so they can come back strongly next time
An Xbox one is not a good living room entertainment device. A MUCH cheaper PS3 does the job just fine. For all you know, even the PS4 might have all the same features the PS3 with a much less draconian DRM system.
Even if *some* people buy this(XBOX One) here,It will be considered stupid coz
1)No support for *Indian Accent*
2)Who the f**k wants to watch NFL and Baseball? :lol:.Give me Cricket and Football,McroSh!t.
3)No apps.The poor Indian will have to manage with Youtube,Dailymotion and FB.No Netflix,No HBO Go.Nothing
4)No stuff(movies,music) to Buy/Rent & download.Anyway,who buys stuff in India?
Certainly not "SUE ME I'M A PIRATE WHAT WILL YOU DO :lol: " type of people,who also happen to be Sony fanboys
5)No Gaems.Who wants to play Call of Doggy:Ghosts? :lol:

So spare yourself all this so-called Next-Gen BS
And buy a forever Next-Gen PC! :grin:
and get a PS4 when God of War 4 releases

I might buy a PS4 in 2 years(hopefully SM will release GoW4 By then)
I just hope they don't make a stupid re-boot called GoW : God of War :rofl:
:lol:
All of your points hold true in an indian context except the last one. Honestly, it was pretty damn dumb. :neutral:

"No games"?? Really!!!!

Btw xbox 360 quite has a nice presence in india. Microsoft ( like sony) has an official presence here.
The DRM stuff could prove to be a turn off here though.
The last point was a joke. Maybe you don't have the time to listen to jokes. And his point is true about Call of Foggy. Call of Foggy isn't a game. It is a half-arsed attempt at making a pathetic excuse for a game to milk $$$$$$ from the american idiot(c).
You are missing the big point here buddy. Just because microsoft focused on the home theater aspects of Xboxone during the reveal, does not mean they are shying away from games.
Don't miss the fact that xboxone still has the same underlying architecture as ps4 and all development strategies hold same as in sony's console.

Its actually foolish to compare wii-u and xbox one. The latter is still the one third party developers will love to develop on, side by side with ps4. Wii-u is not even in this territory.
The xbox one is still HSA and will definitely find plenty of developers. Drawing conclusion like that in just one reveal doesn't prove anything.

Just wait for E3 mate to find out what kind of games are in store. :)Also read anandtech's article on xbox one's hypervisor. Its really unique with dynamic switching between two OS.
This console definitely has future just like the PS4. Nintendo just doesn't fit in the same boat and i don't know when it will learn its lesson.

You are missing the point. A reveal sets the tone for a product. Right now, if only people didn't know any better from history, at least 70% of the world would think this is a media device, not a gaming console. For all you know and can't verify (or can you? :rolleyes:), there still might be idiots on the planet who will mistake the device for exactly what it isn't at the core, and people who are n00bs to gaming (aka the majority population) might buy the PS4 or Wii U instead as gifts for their families.
That, and then the draconian DRM, microsoft's refusal to give straight answers and the "confuse and loot" strategy is not the right way to go.
And why are you celebrating a multi-OS configuration that only eats RAM? Why not put all features into a single OS? Is that too hard?

You can add France, Germany and Belgium to the list of places where it won't sell much. Those markets have shifted heavily in favour of handhelds and Microsoft has never been strong there. Right now a "soon to be doomed" company has ~50% of the hardware market share over there and their titles regularly top charts for weeks in a row. France and Germany are also the biggest markets for a certain ultra hardcore Capcom series outside of Japan whose brand is managed by the aforementioned "soon to be doomed" company in Europe and Oceania. The performance of a struggling console over there has been mediocre with titles on that console charting for weeks in a row. Scandinavia is absolute Sony territory with some major incursions made by a (portable) console by a "soon to be doomed" company.

I don't think that Nintendo is focusing on casual audiences this time around. They wouldn't have secured partnerships with Platinum, Capcom, Atlus & Namco and gotten exclusives like Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Bayonetta 2, they wouldn't have given titles like Monolith Soft's X so much attention and treated titles like Smash as one of the major games on the console and developed it with members of the Tekken, Gundam & Tales teams, asked Ubisoft to change "Killer Freaks from Outer Space" to something more hardcore, blocked Harada from making Tekken Tag Tournament easier/casualized in the Wii U port etc. if they were really focused on them.

Frankly, if ZombiU and MH3U do better on your console than Black Ops II you are anything but casual.

Right now if you read the financial statement, the Wii U is profitable per unit sold but hasn't turned a profit overall because of R&D and unsold units.

SNIP
Agreed.
again...american marketing :p

source : FYI, The Xbox One Voice Commands Weren't in Real-time

EDIT - Wait for E3 for real commands ;)
and no wonder how much they're going to fake over there :|
This is Microsoft we're dealing with peeps, they want to confuse and loot. They're evil. How many people watching the reveal would actually even read this article. And I doubt microsoft would inform this over Xbox live, or the Live email accounts.
Well, the commands were real enough to screw with people watching the stream on their Xboxes :|
Again, american idiots will remain american idiots.
*oi40.tinypic.com/5mfm1y.jpg
:rofl:
You got me little wrong here, I never said that Xbox is shying away from games.. I only said PS4 is better VFM since its speculated that it would cost less (especially due to the kinect).....Same architechture and even slighlty since it XBone is said to be using only 5gb for games and has 3 gb reserved for os, where as PS4 is "rumoured" to be utilizing all 8gb that too DDR5. I am not an expert in architecthure, but as a layman I feel more available ram, less cost etc and access to indie games and rumoured free PSN network all make PS4 a better option for hardcore gamers.

Also I would never think of comparing Wii U to Xbox, but since the hardcore will opt for PS4 over xbox.. The only people left is the casual and family games market, which is vital for the Gaming industry to grow too, in which Wii had ruled the roost with its innovation. Casual market does not mean childrens games only, it has hardcore games too... so I said both Wii u and Xbox will be competing for the Family living room...
And yeah I may be wrong... its just a pre launch speculation based on what I have seen.
E3 will be where all doubts will be put to rest... hopefully.
Actually, childish games can be hardcore, not casual ones ;) Casual ones may or may not be childish.

Theoritically PS4 is actually powerful than XBOX due to the following reason:-

1. Better GPU: 1154 Stream Processors compared to 768 of XBOX
2. GDDR5 Memory: PS4 has a memory bandwidth of 170 GBps whereas XBOX' 2133 MHz DDR3 ram can provide maximum of 68.7 GBps of bandwidth. Although use of 32 MB sRAM chip as cahce might help XBox to gain some more effective bandwidth, it also needs careful programming to make the applications taking advantage of it.
I doubt the developers will bother with the sRAM. They will be too busy optimizing for lower available memory, and they will be in a hot bother coding between the OpenGL derivative (maybe called PS4GL?) and Direct3D to bother with some swap space. Don't forget that most big devs are getting lazier by the day, of not hour.
Except for Namco, Sega, Warner, 5th Cell, Shin'en Multimedia, Frozenbyte, Ganbarion, Atlus, Ubisoft, Activision, Capcom, Two Tribes, Platinum Games, Mistwalker according to rumors, Wayforward, Disney, Tecmo Koei, Travellers Tales, 505 games, now even EA etc.

*i.imgur.com/5fzO486.jpg
This.
Microsoft: 'If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards'

I cannot even begin to imagine how much this will offend core gamers. It shows the kind of condescending attitude they have towards their consumers.

I mean, the Wii U has backwards compatibility- great. The PS4 does not, but they took their time to explain it was because of the vastly different architecture, and went on to say they would at least try backwards compatibility via Gaikai.
Microsoft too could have simply apologized, and explained the hardware differences. Instead they choose to spew out such insulting B$. I'm not buying any of the next gen consoles, but this sort of attitude brings bad reputation to the company.
Microsoft is now in my negative dirtbag list. Xbox, go to hell.
The Technology Behind Xbox One | LinkedIn

Dear EA: We already know that you are full of [redacted]. Stop trying to prove it again and again.

WOOO! 8GB GDDR5!!! [REDACTED] EFFICIENCY AND OPTIMIZATION.

I wonder where they develop the games if the consoles themselves are a generation ahead. Unless M$ony have created a method that has eliminated the need of workstations/PCs while development I see no way of this being true.

You're late with that news ;)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/consoles/...ion-ps4-n-xbox-onen-wii-u-21.html#post1909405

:lol:

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Thank you for the info...so what do you think the practical implications will be.. considering the resources used by the OS in the xbox one?

Well buddy multiple OS can be used to utilize resources efficiently by sharing. Memory usage will be variable too. A game os will be optimized to make use and communicate with API's better.
The application OS will focus on applications and multitasking. For example, all web service calls like "XMLHttpRequest" to remote servers will be handled by the non gaming os taking the overhead and simplifying the gaming OS to purely focus on API calls and management. They have also designed the hypervisor which helps in switching between the two, just like VM's. Its fully dynamic.

Microsoft will speak more about it soon from a development and end user standpoint soon, maybe post E3.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Another wholesale response :D

PLEASE, do bother to read the whole thing this time...

The link results in an Error 404.

megafacepalm. Look at the spoiler dude

So hailing a console for doing something "smart" TVs are already doing? And it's impossible to find a large screen TV without the "smart" aspect anyway. Nintendo is a gaming company and that is how they designed the console. Microsoft and to an extent Sony are making boxes that are multimedia devices, not gaming consoles.

lol? really... maybe you forgot the worlds most selling standalone console. And the highest selling games which are not 30 year old franchises.

Not sure how you can ascertain that GDDR5 will have a higher manufacturing process. There is no 75nm, even in a half-shrink. 80nm is higher and the next lower option is 55nm.
Die shrink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:facepalm:

cpu fabrication and ram fabrication. Comparing apples to oranges? lets just say dont open your mouth when we are talking about hardware

google a bit IEEE Xplore - A 75 nm 7 Gb/s/pin 1 Gb GDDR5 Graphics Memory Device With Bandwidth Improvement Techniques

Also, Hynix has 40nm GDDR5 memory. Hynix Introduces World's First 40 nm Class 2 Gb GDDR5 DRAM | techPowerUp
If Sony is using Hynix memory, then definitely 40nm to keep everything under control. And if Hynix can do this in 2009, then after ~3-4 years, Samsung should also be able to, since Samsung is as good as Hynix, if not better at making memory. You can assume that worst case scenario, a 55nm node will be used.

i already said its going to be 512mb x 16 modules, 2gb modules are really expensive. Take a look at the titan design and its cost.

While clock speed is directly proportional to temperature increase, that is where binning and QC comes into play. A chip capable of 5.5Ghz will emit the same amount of heat as a chip capable of 5Ghz, because that is where efficiency matters. Why else would a GTX 580 and a GTX 570 use the same cooling solution? If Sony is using 5.5Ghz RAM, then it's nominal clock is 5.5/4=1375Mhz. This speed is actually pretty low. The 5.5Ghz spec is not the operating frequency, it is the effective frequency because the data rate is quadrupled in a GDDR5 system- that is why GDDR3 had nominal clock speed X and effective speed 2X, because the data rate got doubled.
Also, it is logical that the stock cooling solution for the GPUs cools the entire board, and not just the core. But you will see that many aftermarket solutions or AIB designs either cool the RAM passively (with tiny heatsinks). Whether the RAM is on a stick or on the board itself doesn't matter. If anything, they might just install 6Ghz chips underclocked to reduce the heat compared to a 5.5Ghz rated chip.

its equivalent frequency :facepalm: they do cool ram, but in the coming scenario with higher clocked ram and more memory modules we will need better cooling for the ram and not the core.

replies in bold

look at that ram cooler :

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/2143/geforcegtx_titan_card1_550.jpg

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/2143/titan-back.jpg

6gb = 12 x 512 mb .

Samsung Electronics, the world’s largest maker of various dynamic random access memory, said on Thursday that it had started mass production of GDDR5 memory chips using 50 nm process technology. The new fabrication process allows the devices to reach unprecedented clock-speeds and trim power consumption.

“Our early 2009 introduction of GDDR5 chips will help us to meet the growing demand for higher performance graphics memory in PCs, graphic cards and game consoles. Because GDDR5 is the fastest and highest performing memory in the world, we’re able to improve the gaming experience with it across all platforms,” said Mueez Deen, director of mobile and graphics memory, Samsung Semiconductor.

The new GDDR5 memory chips are not only capable of working at up to 7GHz clock-speeds, but also use 1.35V voltage, a reduction from 1.425V – 1.575V voltage of currently available GDDR5 memory chips from Samsung. Moreover, the new GDDR5 devices are cheaper to produce: by adopting 50nm class technology, Samsung expects production efficiency to rise 100% over 60nm class technology.

7GHz GDDR5 chips could provide 224GB/s or 448GB/s peak bandwidth when connected to a processor using 256-bit or 512-bit memory bus, respectively. It is unclear which of the forthcoming graphics cards will utilize 7GHz GDDR5 chips, but since both ATI, graphics products group of Advanced Micro Devices, and Nvidia Corp. are projected to release their new high-end graphics solutions later this year, it is definite that high-speed memory will be in demand.

Samsung’s new GDDR5 chips are now available in 32Mb x32 configuration (128MB) and are also configurable as a 64Mb x16 device.

Samsung expects GDDR5 to account for over 20% of the total graphic memory market in 2009. The company also said it plans to expand the 50-nm process technology throughout its graphics memory line-up this year.
x-bit labs

Organization 64Mx32

samsung K4G20325FD... same ram used in the gtx titan.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Wow what a long list

Not gonna talk about most of the unheard developers dishing out jrpg's for jap kids. The ones worthwhile are namco, capcom, ubisoft, platinum,activision and ofcourse EA.
Ok now where were we...........ah yes..games. You see all those third party devs you talk about are going to support (maybe) this year or until next.

The wii-u titles will be completely different from xbox one or ps4. Reason is simple i.e indifferent development standards. Ubi has watchdogs /assassin's creed for wii-u because it still develops for ps3 and 360 and porting those to wii-u ( even scaled down) is not an issue. That said, the product is going to look nowhere near as good as ps4 and xbone. The AI is going to be reflected in performance too as per reports.

Same rule applies for all. Until crossplatform developments include ps3 and 360, there is a chance wii-u will get those same titles albeit much scaled down from the two next gen consoles.
If the next tekken game excludes ps3 and 360, i don't think it will come to wii- u due to obvious reasons.

Activision is also not going to bring all its games to wii-u. Bungie's destiny is the perfect example. Its also an exception that it exists for ps3 and 360 as well, but wii-u is skipped.

Capcom is same too. Lost planet 3 is skipped. Deep down is another example. Not all major titles will hit wii-u. Only wii-u centric titles will hit. Let wait till E3 to see how many titles capcom

About platinum, lets wait and watch how long they are going to support wii-u. No revengeance for wii-u. Once they start bagging projects for ps4 and xbone, i wonder if they look back at wii-u.

And finally EA, again no frostbite 3 or sports titles. I wonder what kind of games they've planned for wii-u. Maybe they use the mobile version of frostbite (frostbiteGo). lol

So,

1. Frozenbyte (of Trine series fame),
2. Sega (so many games fame),
3. Warner (of batman and F.E.A.R. fame),
4. Atlus (of so many games like Megami Tensei metafranchise, Guilty Gear series fame),
5. Platinum (of Metal gear rising fame),
6. Disney (of Two Hearts and countless movie adaptations fame),
7. Traveller's Tales (of LEGO fame),
8. Tecmo Koei (of Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden fame),
9. Two Tribes (of Toki Tori fame)
10. 5th Cell (of Scribblenauts fame)
11. Wayforward (of Silent Hill on PS Vita fame)
12. 505 Games (of ARMA fame)
13. Ganbarion (of Pandora's Tower fame)
14. Mistwalker (of The Last Story fame)

don't matter? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Have you been living under a rock? :shock:

Also, :lol: at your "RPGs for japanese kids" comment. It really goes to show how ignorant you are about the video games industry. All these devs had to localize their Japanese games to western languages because of western DEMAND. Pandora's Tower and The Last Story almost didn't make it to the west. Nintendo succumbed to the pressure of DEMAND and these games got a western release. BTW Atlus's core is not just RPG, but arcade fighting games too :|

Platinum is making Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 as a Wii U exclusive, and that is a significant development. Bayonetta is now a Nintendo IP so I guess that makes it a childish game :lol:

5 year olds spilling enemy blood and guts w00t w00t :rofl:

Well buddy multiple OS can be used to utilize resources efficiently by sharing. Memory usage will be variable too. A game os will be optimized to make use and communicate with API's better.
The application OS will focus on applications and multitasking. For example, all web service calls like "XMLHttpRequest" to remote servers will be handled by the non gaming os taking the overhead and simplifying the gaming OS to purely focus on API calls and management. They have also designed the hypervisor which helps in switching between the two, just like VM's. Its fully dynamic.

Microsoft will speak more about it soon from a development and end user standpoint soon, maybe post E3.

But it doesn't explain how a single OS couldn't do any or all of that better. And it leeches 3GB of RAM. This time devs will complain about the XscamBox over the PS4.

replies in bold

look at that ram cooler :

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/2143/geforcegtx_titan_card1_550.jpg

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/2143/titan-back.jpg

6gb = 12 x 512 mb .

x-bit labs

Organization 64Mx32

samsung K4G20325FD... same ram used in the gtx titan.

It wont be 512 Megabit \. it will be 512 Megabyte. The article I linked to mentions 2 Gigabit, which is 256 Megabyte. :facepalm:

If the PS4 was using 8Gb of RAM then the Xbox One would have already won this war, because 8Gb= 1GB.

Gb= gigabit. GB= gigabyte. GiB= Gibibyte.

About those coolers, did you read that I wrote AFTERMARKET and AIB solutions for those GPUs? Or did you just choose to ignore them? Since when did the Titan's heatsink become either of those two? :facepalm:

I admit I was mistaken about 75nm memory. But I need to see conclusive evidence that the PS4 is using that memory.If the RAM mentioned in the IEEE article is the one the Titan uses, then it uses 256MB modules, so this very same RAM from that article is not present on the PS4. BUT, the article is not free so I have no way of verifying it.

A link to your Xbit article too please. You don't quote that much without a link.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
It wont be 512 Megabit \. it will be 512 Megabyte. The article I linked to mentions 2 Gigabit, which is 256 Megabyte. :facepalm:

If the PS4 was using 8Gb of RAM then the Xbox One would have already won this war, because 8Gb= 1GB.

Gb= gigabit. GB= gigabyte. GiB= Gibibyte.

About those coolers, did you read that I wrote AFTERMARKET and AIB solutions for those GPUs? Or did you just choose to ignore them? Since when did the Titan's heatsink become either of those two? :facepalm:

I admit I was mistaken about 75nm memory. But I need to see conclusive evidence that the PS4 is using that memory.If the RAM mentioned in the IEEE article is the one the Titan uses, then it uses 256MB modules, so this very same RAM from that article is not present on the PS4. BUT, the article is not free so I have no way of verifying it.

A link to your Xbit article too please. You don't quote that much without a link.

since both the "m" and "b" are small therefore i am referring to megabyte. the gigabit and byte was my fault, but nonetheless

move ur lazy arse and use google once in a while dude :lol:

*www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20090212111407_Samsung_Begins_to_Produce_7GHz_GDDR5_Memory.html

proof : 16 chips of 512mb :
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDDR5#cite_note-7

let the ps4 reveal come and then see for yourself. maybe not 75nm it could be 50nm too (thats why i originally said most probably), but the price for 75nm will be cheaper.

i am not talking about aftermarket coolers because when temperatures rise its not as simple as cool air input from one point and exit from another.

Last edited:

heidi2521

Padawan
Wow what a long list :deadbored:

Moving goalposts very much?

So according to you Hironobu Sakaguchi is an unheard of developer, One Piece doesn't matter, Batman is not important, Ninja Gaiden doesn't matter much, Scribblenauts is not worthwhile, the Lego games don't matter, Trine, Toki Tori, Shantae etc. are irrelevant, The third biggest JRPG franchise(below Dragon Quest whose latest games are Nintendo platform exclusive and the only version of the latest game still being sold is on the Wii U and has a hardware bundle) Megami Tensei and its spinoffs like Shin Megami Tensei and Persona, Etrian Odyssey, Trauma Center don't matter, Kingdom Hearts is irrelevant etc.

:shock::shock::shock::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::clap2::clap2::clap2::bananana::bananana::bananana:

[SARCASM]
Ubi porting PS360 titles explains the existence of ZombiU, exclusive content in Rayman Legends in the Wii U, a free app developed by them for the Wii U, them making the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs independently of the PS360 to take advantage of the gamepad etc.[/SARCASM]

The Tekken 6 physics engine can run on the 3DS and has largely been untouched since Tekken 4, so it is incredibly unlikely that the Tekken 7 engine won't run on the Wii U. If you've played the games there isn't much of an visual upgrade from Tekken 5 to 6. And frankly do you seriously think Nintendo would loan one of their most important studios to Namco, let members from the Tekken team develop one of their most important franchises, give rights to develop the arcade versions of another one of their franchises to Namco without any reciprocal support? Namco has said that they will continue to support the PS3 for a long time as their fanbase is there already and have expressed interest developing for the Wii U, Harada has said that he loves the Nintendo fighting fanbase and considers them really hardcore.

The watch_dogs AI is nothing revolutionary. Such things were done a long time ago due to something known as finite state machines. What we see is a simple implementation of them. The AI of FEAR 2 & Max Payne 3 featured them. AI isn't something you can upscale or downscale like polycount. There won't be any real difference unless they decide to rewrite it completely. And you should know that the good AI problem was solved long ago. Right now the main focus is making fun AI.

[SARCASM]
I'm pretty sure Capcom won't try and support a platform where its game was smash hit.
[/SARCASM]

Guess what. PS4 won't be getting MH4G HD ver. while the Wii U will.

[SARCASM]I'm sure that the fact that Lost Planet 3 was too deep in the pipeline to port to the Wii U on time has nothing to do with the fact that the Wii U won't be getting it[/SARCASM]

You may have noticed that the best version of Resident Evil Revelations HD is on the Wii U. It incorporates all the features of the 3DS version(other than the autostereoscopic 3D), has all the features the PCS360 versions have, uses PC textures and gets more exclusive content.

You seem to not know the difference between publisher and developer. Kamiya has said that there is no Wii U version of Revengeance because Konami didn't ask them to do it.

[SARCASM]I'm certain they won't look back and remember the company and console that kept them in employment and ensured that the studio survived and that Hideki Kamiya & Tatsuya Minami are lying that they love the Wii U and have a very close relationship with Nintendo and won't care that their biggest IP was rescued from limbo by Nintendo[/SARCASM]

The president and future of Platinum Games | Polygon
Iwata Asks

But then again, why am I trying to reason with a person who thinks that a tech demo is a game, NSMB is a part of Super Mario, Legend of Zelda and God of War are alike, HSA is nothing but a programming model etc.

So,

1. Frozenbyte (of Trine series fame),
2. Sega (so many games fame),
3. Warner (of batman and F.E.A.R. fame),
4. Atlus (of so many games like Megami Tensei metafranchise, Guilty Gear series fame),
5. Platinum (of Metal gear rising fame),
6. Disney (of Two Hearts and countless movie adaptations fame),
7. Traveller's Tales (of LEGO fame),
8. Tecmo Koei (of Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden fame),
9. Two Tribes (of Toki Tori fame)
10. 5th Cell (of Scribblenauts fame)
11. Wayforward (of Silent Hill on PS Vita fame)
12. 505 Games (of ARMA fame)
13. Ganbarion (of Pandora's Tower fame)
14. Mistwalker (of The Last Story fame)

don't matter? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Have you been living under a rock? :shock:

Also, :lol: at your "RPGs for japanese kids" comment. It really goes to show how ignorant you are about the video games industry. All these devs had to localize their Japanese games to western languages because of western DEMAND. Pandora's Tower and The Last Story almost didn't make it to the west. Nintendo succumbed to the pressure of DEMAND and these games got a western release. BTW Atlus's core is not just RPG, but arcade fighting games too :|

Platinum is making Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 as a Wii U exclusive, and that is a significant development. Bayonetta is now a Nintendo IP so I guess that makes it a childish game :lol:

5 year olds spilling enemy blood and guts w00t w00t :rofl:

Minor correction: TLS, XC & PT nearly didn't make it to America. NOE had already localized it and was raking in cash hand over fist. But your point still stands.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
since both the "m" and "b" are small therefore i am referring to megabyte. the gigabit and byte was my fault, but nonetheless

move ur lazy arse and use google once in a while dude :lol:

Samsung Begins to Produce 7GHz GDDR5 Memory - X-bit labs

proof : 16 chips of 512mb :
GDDR5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

let the ps4 reveal come and then see for yourself. maybe not 75nm it could be 50nm too (thats why i originally said most probably), but the price for 75nm will be cheaper.

i am not talking about aftermarket coolers because when temperatures rise its not as simple as cool air input from one point and exit from another.

Noas, I wasn't contesting the 16x512MB claim. I was pointing at your 2Gb being too dense claim, because Sony is already doing 512MB which is 2x that density (so yes you did mess up). I think you missed the point completely about aftermarket coolers. You said the RAM would burn out. I said, no, even if the reference design uses it, aftermarket folks and AIBs (aka MSI, Asus, gigabyte etc) are releasing their own cooling solutions without any real active cooling for the RAM. So I was basically invalidating your claim.

And you still have not proved that the samsung RAM you mentioned for the titan is referenced in the IEEE article.

Moving goalposts very much?

So according to you Hironobu Sakaguchi is an unheard of developer, One Piece doesn't matter, Batman is not important, Ninja Gaiden doesn't matter much, Scribblenauts is not worthwhile, the Lego games don't matter, Trine, Toki Tori, Shantae etc. are irrelevant, The third biggest JRPG franchise(below Dragon Quest whose latest games are Nintendo platform exclusive and the only version of the latest game still being sold is on the Wii U and has a hardware bundle) Megami Tensei and its spinoffs like Shin Megami Tensei and Persona, Etrian Odyssey, Trauma Center don't matter, Kingdom Hearts is irrelevant etc.

:shock::shock::shock::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::clap2::clap2::clap2::bananana::bananana::bananana:

[SARCASM]
Ubi porting PS360 titles explains the existence of ZombiU, exclusive content in Rayman Legends in the Wii U, a free app developed by them for the Wii U, them making the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs independently of the PS360 to take advantage of the gamepad etc.[/SARCASM]

The Tekken 6 physics engine can run on the 3DS and has largely been untouched since Tekken 4, so it is incredibly unlikely that the Tekken 7 engine won't run on the Wii U. If you've played the games there isn't much of an visual upgrade from Tekken 5 to 6. And frankly do you seriously think Nintendo would loan one of their most important studios to Namco, let members from the Tekken team develop one of their most important franchises, give rights to develop the arcade versions of another one of their franchises to Namco without any reciprocal support? Namco has said that they will continue to support the PS3 for a long time as their fanbase is there already and have expressed interest developing for the Wii U, Harada has said that he loves the Nintendo fighting fanbase and considers them really hardcore.

The watch_dogs AI is nothing revolutionary. Such things were done a long time ago due to something known as finite state machines. What we see is a simple implementation of them. The AI of FEAR 2 & Max Payne 3 featured them. AI isn't something you can upscale or downscale like polycount. There won't be any real difference unless they decide to rewrite it completely. And you should know that the good AI problem was solved long ago. Right now the main focus is making fun AI.

[SARCASM]
I'm pretty sure Capcom won't try and support a platform where its game was smash hit.
[/SARCASM]

Guess what. PS4 won't be getting MH4G HD ver. while the Wii U will.

[SARCASM]I'm sure that the fact that Lost Planet 3 was too deep in the pipeline to port to the Wii U on time has nothing to do with the fact that the Wii U won't be getting it[/SARCASM]

You may have noticed that the best version of Resident Evil Revelations HD is on the Wii U. It incorporates all the features of the 3DS version(other than the autostereoscopic 3D), has all the features the PCS360 versions have, uses PC textures and gets more exclusive content.

You seem to not know the difference between publisher and developer. Kamiya has said that there is no Wii U version of Revengeance because Konami didn't ask them to do it.

[SARCASM]I'm certain they won't look back and remember the company and console that kept them in employment and ensured that the studio survived and that Hideki Kamiya & Tatsuya Minami are lying that they love the Wii U and have a very close relationship with Nintendo and won't care that their biggest IP was rescued from limbo by Nintendo[/SARCASM]

The president and future of Platinum Games | Polygon
Iwata Asks

But then again, why am I trying to reason with a person who thinks that a tech demo is a game, NSMB is a part of Super Mario, Legend of Zelda and God of War are alike, HSA is nothing but a programming model etc.

Minor correction: TLS, XC & PT nearly didn't make it to America. NOE had already localized it and was raking in cash hand over fist. But your point still stands.

If Europe is "west" then where did "centre" go? Of all the major gaming regions, Europe (and middle-east asia) sits right at the centre between the east (China, South Korea, Japan) and US/Mexico/Canada in the west.

South Asia is the weird kid sometimes slapped into EMEA and sometimes into Asia-Pacific.

Obviously Europe is west in the traditional sense, but I wouldn't call it the west because then there is no "centre". But that is just my opinion.

cyborg47

Technomancer
*24.media.tumblr.com/404fbc551f9aafd826d4a15d51353aff/tumblr_mn7qtpqIfw1qmzsn0o1_400.gif

sums up the xbox's entry now :p

heidi2521

Padawan
Noas, I wasn't contesting the 16x512MB claim. I was pointing at your 2Gb being too dense claim, because Sony is already doing 512MB which is 2x that density (so yes you did mess up). I think you missed the point completely about aftermarket coolers. You said the RAM would burn out. I said, no, even if the reference design uses it, aftermarket folks and AIBs (aka MSI, Asus, gigabyte etc) are releasing their own cooling solutions without any real active cooling for the RAM. So I was basically invalidating your claim.

And you still have not proved that the samsung RAM you mentioned for the titan is referenced in the IEEE article.

If Europe is "west" then where did "centre" go? Of all the major gaming regions, Europe (and middle-east asia) sits right at the centre between the east (China, South Korea, Japan) and US/Mexico/Canada in the west.

South Asia is the weird kid sometimes slapped into EMEA and sometimes into Asia-Pacific.

Obviously Europe is west in the traditional sense, but I wouldn't call it the west because then there is no "centre". But that is just my opinion.

Well, while referring to games(and media in general) "West" includes Europe, Americas and AUNZ, i.e. pretty much everything that can be considered a part of the Occident. This naming convention makes no sense to me either, but it is better to stick to the standard terms while discussing something so as not to cause confusion. It was probably adopted because that is how you localize games. West: European Languages, East: Chinese & Korean and Japanese, Japan: Japanese. Lets not take this off topic by arguing semantics though.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Ok here we find a guy who's taking about FSM. So you know the use of FSM in AI programming.

Fine with me. Well would you show me how to deduce the following FSM into a regular expression?

*i.imgur.com/ejs2DWD.png

And if possible, also design the FSM of the following regular expression:

r "[a] | [0-9]+"

Also show the accepting states.

heidi2521

Padawan
Ok here we find a guy who's taking about FSM. So you know the use of FSM in AI programming.

Fine with me. Well would you show me how to deduce the following FSM into a regular expression?

*i.imgur.com/ejs2DWD.png

And if possible, also design the FSM of the following regular expression:

r "[a] | [0-9]+"

Also show the accepting states.

So when you can't reply, you resort to ad hominem and going off topic. I don't want to turn this thread into a FSM derivation thread. Create a dedicated thread in the off topic section for that. Use this thread for discussions about next gen consoles.

On topic:

*twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/337583782666326016

Hello. We already announced we will have another #NintendoDirectNA at E3, but now we can share the date/time: 6/11 at 7 am PT. #IwataSays

*i.qkme.me/3ujbaa.jpg

News: Microsoft: "we're committed to Japan" with Xbox One - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

Lol Yeah. The design just reeks of commitment to Japan.

*fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/166003_10151664870501796_251977729_n.jpg

Six will rise from the Lost World. Are they friends or foes? Find out on May 29th.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
So when you can't reply, you resort to ad hominem and going off topic. I don't want to turn this thread into a FSM derivation thread. Create a dedicated thread in the off topic section for that. Use this thread for discussions about next gen consoles.

Can't reply!!!!!! The only thing you do in this thread is blabber. Not only here but also in other threads, most notably programming threads.
This wasn't any ad hominem mate! You are going too far all the time and tend to leave your own comfort zone. You drag yourself into pits, you can't climb out.

You always try to look deep into the abyss with me. But when it looks back at us, you are the one who blinks!!!!.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@vickybat: A historian knows that the battle of stalingrad took place in world war 2. Does that mean he necessarily knows how to use an MP40 submachinegun?
By your logic you should be able to write programs for the analytical engine of charles babbage.
So it is not only off topic, but it is also criminal on your part to deviate from the topic at hand like this. Instead of doing this, respond appropriately.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@vickybat: A historian knows that the battle of stalingrad took place in world war 2. Does that mean he necessarily knows how to use an MP40 submachinegun?
By your logic you should be able to write programs for the analytical engine of charles babbage.
So it is not only off topic, but it is also criminal on your part to deviate from the topic at hand like this. Instead of doing this, respond appropriately.

Stay away from other's discussions. Even if he's your brother.
There is a limit to everything. Do not cross it. Enough of your rants in this forum. Time to ease off.
Do not leave your comfort zone. You'll be in deep trouble otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom