Next Gen Console discussion ( PS4 'n Xbox One'n Wii U )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Again wrong. HSA never means AMD apu series but they are one kind of implementation of HSA. Even upcoming Nvidia Maxwell is also termed as HSA Design as they are adding asymmetric units like ARM cores along with the Stream Processors in the design and providing unified programming model.
Have a look at the HSA Foundation and you,ll find members like Qualcomm, MediaTek, ARM which doesn't have any history with AMD APU. Hsa is the name of an architecture, not any particular product. So HSA NOMENCLATURE for CELL is perfectly correct. Amd is promoting it for long and has taken lot of initiatives to make it mainstream but it is not named against any of their specific product. Even Mobile SOC can be considered as HSA. AMD FUSION IS A TYPE OF HSA BUT SYNONYMOUS TO IT.
Your link is not opening but here is a link to make you understand :
*developer.amd.com/resources/heterogeneous-computing/what-is-heterogeneous-computing/

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Extremegamer

If you are done modifying your password, take a good read at cilus's above post. This post of mine, though off topic will act as a reminder in case you miss it.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Guys it wasn't me who was posting that BS in the last few posts. Some of my accounts have been hijacked, and they're not limited to this forum. My twitter account and a couple of other forum accounts had also been hijacked.
I've detected it as an intrusion into my computer. I'm not surprised since I left my data open for sharing with Dead5. I need to be more careful, I guess.
This is the first time I'm posting today. Looks like the hijacker took advantage of my disagreements with you and posted this utter rubbish to reduce my credibility.

Right now I'm posting from my phone because I'm still cleaning my system.

I'm sorry this had to happen

Cilus

laborare est orare
Will open it shortly. Please be patients a little.

Extreme Gamer, I have analyzed both u and Dead5's recent posts and it looks like both are coming from same ISP, ATS NORTH DYNAMIC BROADBAD from Airtel Broadband connection. So if somrbody was posting with your account, I think that guy and dead5 are using same connection. So any idea about who was posting using ur account?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Extreme Gamer, I have analyzed both u and Dead5's recent posts and it looks like both are coming from same ISP, ATS NORTH DYNAMIC BROADBAD from Airtel Broadband connection. So if somrbody was posting with your account, I think that guy and dead5 are using same connection. So any idea about who was posting using ur account?

Yeah the intrusion was in my PC, and the posts were definitely being redirected from here. That much I am sure of. Dead5 sits right next to me on his computer and I know for sure it wasn't him. It was a WAN intrusion, not LAN.

For some odd reason, I was getting spam in my mailbox in these past few weeks about things I was googling. So I think the intrusion had happened a long time ago.

In any case, I've cleaned up the system (new OS install) and put my unlicensed media collection under the scanner, so if there are any more threats, I should know soon. I've also changed my password through my phone, as Vickybat noticed.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

hahahahha awesome. Debating consoles with someone who doesnt even know how to secure their account.

stop trolling man, just accept your mistake and get on with it. No need to make up excuses about how your account was compromised.

:rolleyes:

Yeah the intrusion was in my PC, and the posts were definitely being redirected from here. That much I am sure of. Dead5 sits right next to me on his computer and I know for sure it wasn't him. It was a WAN intrusion, not LAN.

For some odd reason, I was getting spam in my mailbox in these past few weeks about things I was googling. So I think the intrusion had happened a long time ago.

In any case, I've cleaned up the system (new OS install) and put my unlicensed media collection under the scanner, so if there are any more threats, I should know soon. I've also changed my password through my phone, as Vickybat noticed.

omfg, WAN intrusion? :rolleyes:

posts redirected?

pirated media and hax0rware? this doesnt get better

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EDIT :

any decent hacker has the ballz to use a proxy server even when he is using compromised accounts. So..

you made this post on the 8th :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/118889-showoff-thread-31.html#post1900565

that is yours isnt it ?

and then 3 days later you end up here, and now you claim that those posts werent yours. Did u give ur account access to someone? Because if someone here could give me the ip i could find out. Really not a lot of trouble. So just admit if you did do that and your account did not get hacked.

@extreme_gamer stop changing your posts to booboo, and i just came accross this :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat...but-my-infraction-not-listed.html#post1484048

and secondly you use airtel.

cable broadband

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
It is really astonishing that the Hacker also shares same interests in Nintendo, same type of interests in gaming and have at least ideas of AMD FUSION, HSA, CELL and gpu architecture. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@Extremegamer.

I didn't notice anything surprising actually. I was viewing your profile page and it showed under current activity - "modifying password" , few minutes before my post #437.
It was more of a common sense. That doesn't explain anything that you did actually. :neutral:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
It is really astonishing that the Hacker also shares same interests in Nintendo, same type of interests in gaming and have at least ideas of AMD FUSION, HSA, CELL and gpu architecture. :)

moreover, hacker along with dead5 only seems to target nintendo threads ... and some odd jobs. Hacker has some really unique tastes . :)

@cilus +1

@Extremegamer.

I didn't notice anything surprising actually. I was viewing your profile page and it showed under current activity - "modifying password" , few minutes before my post #437.
It was more of a common sense. That doesn't explain anything that you did actually. :neutral:

maybe we should use his password and check :mrgreen:

heidi2521

Padawan
I'm just gonna' just gonna point out that heterogenous computing != HSA and let y'all argue.

HSA is but a subset of heterogenous computing.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@Extremegamer.

Not sure what you mean by "common sense" here. All I'm saying is that you noticed that I was changing my password, and I stated that I did it through my phone.

@Cilus: Not surprising, because if the intruder wants to appear like me, he has to take into account my activities before posting or it would be easy to notice that the account has been hijacked :)

That being said, it seems I have to agree with a little bit of what the intruder stated, because HSA definitely refers to AMD's specification of heterogenous computing. Not only that, the HSA standard is maintained by the HSA Foundation, which was founded by AMD along with some other top chip-makers and designers in 2012. Sony is not even remotely involved, and Cell was (obviously) released in 2006 as first a part of the PS3. HSA was an evolution of the original AMD Fusion plan, thanks to the new guy who is heading AMD.

Not only that, the HSA standard has only the AMD IOMMUv2 Architectural Specification as its standard. And the IOMMUv2 only dictates memory standards. The full HSA standard is not final yet.

And not only that the Cell processor is not compliant with the HSA standard. Even Kaveri only has architectural integration. The next-gen (post-steamroller) will achieve system integration and truly comply with the HSA standard in both letter and spirit.

Heterogeneous Systems Architecture: The Next Area of Computing Inno... (go to slide 33 of the presentation)

Do note that I am not denying the Heterogenous Compute capabilities of the Cell processor, but Heterogenous computing has been around as a concept at least since the 90s, and is not the same as Heterogenous System Architecture. HSA is an implementation of Heterogenous computing concepts, just as Cell is another one :)

If you search "heterogenous system archtecture" on wikipedia, you will be redirected to Accelerated Processing Unit. I think that would be enough proof.

Last edited:

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

You and Dead5 are roommates?

Are you attached to Cyber cell divison of Police? How come you know all this? :?: :confused:
or is this some mod privelege?

I was thinking it is the *self-proclaimed "troll"* member here who was trying his best to derail this thread(i have him in ignore list now)
who *Haecked* Extreme's account,but then i realised, Dogs who bark,seldom bite.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I'm just gonna' just gonna point out that heterogenous computing != HSA and let y'all argue.

HSA is but a subset of heterogenous computing.

Spare this thread of baseless arguments and the kind of information we already know. And nobody has the patience and time to argue with a "genius being" like you.

HSA is nothing but a programming model and of course it complies with heterogeneous computing. The key is GPGPU computing and unified memory access control. The advent of languages like cuda, opencl, directcompute, c++ amp, they all harness gpu resources for general computing. Combine this together with a general cpu along with a common memory pool, you get an HSA model. The whole unit acts as one.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Spare this thread of baseless arguments and the kind of information we already know. And nobody has the patience and time to argue with a "genius being" like you.

No wonder you were so whole-heartedly opposing the fact that "HSA is AMD nomenclature" and claiming that "Cell is HSA".

HSA is nothing but a programming model and of course it complies with heterogeneous computing. The key is GPGPU computing and unified memory access control. The advent of languages like cuda, opencl, directcompute, c++ amp, they all harness gpu resources for general computing. Combine this together with a general cpu along with a common memory pool, you get an HSA model. The whole unit acts as one.

:facepalm:

You have no idea what you're talking about.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
No wonder you were so whole-heartedly opposing the fact that "HSA is AMD nomenclature" and claiming that "Cell is HSA".

Read properly. Amd was the pioneer of developing the "HSA" with its APU and making it more mainstream. Any system architecture that has many cores (dissimilar in nature or having vector + scalar cores) is an heterogeneous architecture. The word "HSA" is derived from the founding members starting with ARM, AMD, QUALCOMM, SAMSUNG, TEXAS INSTRUMENTS,IMAGINATION AND MEDIATEK. Its not constrained with amd or a nomenclature like you think.

HSA Explained: How Heterogenous System Architecture will improve computing - GPU Science

Maxwell will have ARM 57 cores with general nvidia gpu cores. They will be "HSA" even though there is no AMD here. Cell is an heterogeneous unit and in today's terms, it can be said it complies with HSA model.

:facepalm:

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Don't make a laughing stock of yourself again mate.

heidi2521

Padawan

You're trolling, right?

AMD said:
HSA creates an improved processor design that exposes the benefits and capabilities of mainstream programmable compute elements, working together seamlessly.

What is Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA)? | AMD

Recommended reading:

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_Broadband_Engine

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterogeneous_computing

Standards - HSA Foundation

*support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/48882.pdf

What is Heterogeneous Computing? | AMD

Heterogeneous Systems Architecture: The Next Area of Computing Inno...

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
You're trolling, right?

Recommended reading:

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_Broadband_Engine

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterogeneous_computing

Standards - HSA Foundation

*support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/48882.pdf

What is Heterogeneous Computing? | AMD

Heterogeneous Systems Architecture: The Next Area of Computing Inno...

What the heck are you trying to prove by showing me those links? It ain't the first time i'm reading them. Perhaps you should read and most of all understand them.
And yes, things you don't understand are termed as "trolling" in your own context. You yourself gave the HSA foundation link. Read and understand. The problem with you is you jump guns without understanding a single thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom