[NEWS] Shipit for free (k)ubuntu cd's now open

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I recieved kubuntu day-before yesterday :) :D

Report: Excellent as such!! though I couldn't install it earlier due to some bugs and such, but now that Ihave tweaked (bum) configured, and setup stuff, it works great!!!
If only linux and something like strokeit(mouse gestures) , I would dump windows anyday.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
All 5 CDs of EDUBUNTU r not working on my comp.

I checked the contents in Windows and the CDs contain files but when I tried to boot using CD, nothing happened. Computer tried to boot using CD and searched for a few minutes but after that it started windows.

All other CDs of KUBUNTU & UBUNTU r working well! :)

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
HI Vishal and chesss......
When u all registered?
How much time it took?
Well I did the regis n 7th July, living in Uttranchal. i thnk tht It wll take much longer!
Hv to w8..

@Vishal
Impressed by ur Windows tweaking..

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yeah. I recieved my copies yesterday (around a month since i ordered). They even sent ubuntu stickers this time! :D

sandeep_arsenal

Broken In
I got my Ubuntu cds yesterday.
HOWEVER THEY ARETN WORKIN.
IT BOOTS UP TO THE MAIN SCREEN AND THEN IT TAKES AGES TO LOAD ANY APPLICATION.
I TOOK ABOUT 3 Minutes to get to the first install screen and then i waited for a whole ten minutes and even then i didnt get to the timezone screen properly.
so i quit. any of u guys hav this problem??.
the cd works fine i windows though.
any app i try to open in linux takes about 5 misn and it is very unresponsive.
PLS HELP

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Sandeep_arsenal, maybe your CD is corrupt. Can you give your System configuration info ? You may
alo try booting with the another CD you have. If you have 256 MB or less RAM it would be slightly slow.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
I got my Ubuntu & Kubuntu CDs today. They are working fine. Actually Ubuntu 6.0 loads faster than it's predecessor.
They even have a Video featuring Nelson Mandela. Even the overall appearance looks cool.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I just wanna say that please dont order CDs just because they are free and only if u really need them. i have seen many people ordering Ubuntu Cds in huge numbers in the past and then wasting them like anything. It is not good.
Please dont misuse their resources.
Thanx.

OP
R

rohandhruva

Broken In
Vishal Gupta : The edubuntu cd's are not live cds. They are only install cd's, since most edubuntu cds are used to install LTSP servers.

Phenom: Extremely well said !!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
So how to install them?
R these EDUBUNTU CDs not bootable? coz I tried to boot using EDUBUNTU CD but none of them work.....

OP
R

rohandhruva

Broken In
Well, the cd's are surely bootable. They can be installed only by the text install method. If the cd's dont boot at all, maybe you've recieved defective ones - try md5sum'ing them

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
guys i recieved my pack of five ubuntu disks today & paid rs 50 for it.how to upgrade from the cd

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Gary, Use Synaptic Package Manager and get the updated source list, then you can download tons of software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom