New GTX 560

ajish

Broken In
i want to buy a new nvidia GTX 560 graphic card........... i have Corsair 500w PSU... Is it enough for GTX 560????????? Pls reply......

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, the PSU is enough. But do post your full configuration like details of CPU, Motherboard etc.

OP
A

ajish

Broken In
Ya, the PSU is enough. But do post your full configuration like details of CPU, Motherboard etc.

my config:
i3 2100,corsair 6GB RAM,1GB Zotac GT 520, Asus P8H61-MLX motherboard, WD 910GB HDD, Corsair CX 500W

Last edited:
OP
A

ajish

Broken In
but my colleagues are telling tht corsair 500W is not enough...... i shud hav close to 650W PSU.........
what shud I do??????????

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Your PSU is good enough for mild overclocking too. CX500 will deliver you upto 450W without sweat. Avoid extreme overclocking like changing voltages, bumping frequencies to sky high.

P.S. : hell, i used to Run GTX 560 ti (OC) edition on Corsair CX400 along with components in my rig. :)

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
but my colleagues are telling tht corsair 500W is not enough...... i shud hav close to 650W PSU.........
what shud I do??????????
Spend more and buy HD 7850. HD 7850 is 15% faster than GTX 560 Ti and uses half the power.

HD 7850 is very power efficient, so it will work on your Corsair 500w PSU. :)

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Some 560 Ti cards are coming in at 900MHz clock. Those are slightly better than HD 7850, but it's probably a better deal to just get 7850 because it is more power efficient and costs less compared to the 560 Ti at 900MHz.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
If money is of no concern, get HD 7850 else your PSU is perfectly fine. No need to upgrade your PSU, waste of money IMO.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - if you are getting GTX 560 here's a great deal for you ;-)
MSI N560GTX-M2D1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@ OP - if you are getting GTX 560 here's a great deal for you ;-)
MSI N560GTX-M2D1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

+1.
But it will be better if one can call them before buying. As for itwares sometimes they don't update their website with latest price.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ it's common with the most offline sellers who has a website - be it prime, smc, itdepot or itwares ;-) but flipkart and other likewise services are doing a great job but their are prices are high for many IT products.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ A bit OT: At this point of time, just forget about flipkart. They are selling all the PC components at a very high price and to make things worse, they are selling some components beyond or near to the MRP.
Only a pricing mistake can make those components worthy of buying.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ buying from there saved you from walking for a new WD HDD on the hot summer - remember ?? ;-)

Anyway, some pc products are still available there at a reasonable price and for those people who think it's Ok to pay extra for getting a product from there - it's just fine for them.

I remember one guy ordered something from itdepot and after placing the order they said they don't have the product with them anymore and bitfang did this with Cilus ( shipped wrong product ) and made the excuse of non availability later - website of MD comp not gets updated very frequently - FP is still little better than those and their 30 days Gurantee service is just awesome ;-)

OP
A

ajish

Broken In
whats cost for HD 7850?????? any ideas?????? pls reply.....

Which HD 7850???? Asus or sapphire or msi or gigabyte?????? pls give me best one..........

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
whats cost for HD 7850?????? any ideas?????? pls reply.....

Which HD 7850???? Asus or sapphire or msi or gigabyte?????? pls give me best one..........

if you can get the HD7850 Power Edition - costs around ~17k - this one is the best HD7850 on the market IMO.

OP
A

ajish

Broken In
k....... thanks...... ahhhhhh.... cost of Geforce GTX 560 Ti???????? pls reply....... which one is the best HD 7850 or Geforce GTX 560 Ti???????? I have Corsair 500W psu.... Hope thats enough..........

Top Bottom