Need to buy good android phone under 10k (urgent)

axe

Broken In
Friends,

I had been using HTC explorer for last 5 months. but i lost it while travelling in a local train yesterday :cry:
So please advice me a new android device in range of less than 10k. i was pretty much satisfied with the performance of Explorer. but since now i can opt to buy new device, so please suggest me any good device in less than 10k with equal/better performance than Explorer. I mostly use mobile for net surfing (in 3g network), music, whatsapp and sometimes for games and other stuff.

I was looking for Micromax A100 as it suits my budget and comes with huge screen size, but i am concerned about its quality n performance. Till date i have only used branded phones like HTC, samsung and nokia. so i dont want a phone which starts troubling within few months/weeks.

Pls advice me best in my price range with best performance/quality.

Thanks in advance.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Friends,

I had been using HTC explorer for last 5 months. but i lost it while travelling in a local train yesterday :cry:
So please advice me a new android device in range of less than 10k. i was pretty much satisfied with the performance of Explorer. but since now i can opt to buy new device, so please suggest me any good device in less than 10k with equal/better performance than Explorer. I mostly use mobile for net surfing (in 3g network), music, whatsapp and sometimes for games and other stuff.

I was looking for Micromax A100 as it suits my budget and comes with huge screen size, but i am concerned about its quality n performance. Till date i have only used branded phones like HTC, samsung and nokia. so i dont want a phone which starts troubling within few months/weeks.

Pls advice me best in my price range with best performance/quality.

Thanks in advance.

micromax wont trouble you..spice,karbonn will.
if can extend your budget a wee bit , you can nab sony ericsson live with walkman.else the xperia mini it is,if you can live with with the explorer-like screen size(with bravia engine goodness ofcourse).the xperia mini has ics and will get jelly bean courtesy cyanogenmod

OP
A

axe

Broken In
micromax wont trouble you..spice,karbonn will.
if can extend your budget a wee bit , you can nab sony ericsson live with walkman.else the xperia mini it is,if you can live with with the explorer-like screen size(with bravia engine goodness ofcourse).the xperia mini has ics and will get jelly bean courtesy cyanogenmod
Thanks rahul bro. i went to check some new phones in market this evening, and checked samsung ace duos, xperia mini and micromax a100. well frankly xperia would be my last choice considering its screen size. could you please tell me can their be any issues in performance of micromax a-100 or samsung ace duos
Thanks in advance

guru_urug

iGoogle
Not considering Micromax ...currently under 9k, HTC explorer is the best android phone available. The xperia mini is available for around 10k-ish but the small screen may be a turn off. Mind you its got the best chipset in the budget androids. The adreno 205 is a capable GPU which is found in higher range androids like the neo V and HTC one V. So performance wise xperia mini will be the best. The live with walkman is no longer available easily since the production has stopped and its no longer available at 12k.

You may want to wait a few days though, sony's xperia tipo and miro are about to be released soon. Just today saw that Sony India has updated its website too, so it should be on sale by next week. That should also shake up the pricing in the price bracket. The tipo and miro look like good budget minded phones.
The Tipo and Miro have the same chipset. The GPU(adreno 200) is same as the explorer even though the chipset is different. The Tipo and Miro are clocked at 800Mhz though so should be better than Explorer performance-wise, but that can be overcome by overclocking the explorer after rooting and custom kernel. But the real advantage of the tipo over the explorer is the 2.5GB internal mem compared to the measly 90MB on the explorer. The low internal memory of the explorer has plauged many customers who havent rooted the phone. Expected price of the tipo is arnd 9k.
The Miro has the following advantages over the tipo,
+Bigger screen (3.5 vs the 3.2)
+Better screen(miro is LED backlit with 16M colors, tipo is 256k TFT)
+wifi direct (Not in the tipo)
+USB OTG (Not in the tipo)
+5MP cam with flash (3.2MP, no flash in tipo)
+vga front cam (Not in the tipo)
+4GB internal mem vs 2.9GB

Besides these differences the 2 phones are the same. The Miro is expected to be around 12k.

aroraanant

Explorer
Plz avoid Micromax,spice etc.
Right now you own one of the best android phone in low budget.
It would be good for you to wait till the time you can spare some more money to buy a new phone.

aroraanant

Explorer
Oh sorry I didn't read that.
In that case I suggest OP to extend the budget a lil bit and opt for Sony Live With Walkman

OP
A

axe

Broken In
Thanks a lot Rahul, Guru and Arora. But i am a student and my dad has strictly said no a single penny more than 10k(i can max. add 1k from my pocket money and go till 11k) as its just few months and i lost my phone.

Plus as i now a chance to grab new device, so i was looking for big screen as 3.2 inch of Explorer looked bit small in net use (atleast 3.5 inch, if not 4 or 5 inch). i am not very freq. app. user, my concern in phone is of good net speed in 2g/3g network, good music & videos and long lasting good quality phone (atleast it should not trouble me before a year or 18 months).

So in my budget i was looking for Samsung Ace (single sim or duos) or Micromax A-100. Can u please tell me as per my usage, what issues can i face in these 2 handsets. i was looking to buy before Monday i.e. 27th morning.

Please help me guys. Thanks in advance.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ace = absolute crap mobile. outdated processor. explorer beats it. wait for new range of Sony mobile. Else do check Huawei IDEOS X5 U8800 or X5 Pro. X5 is available for 9k whereas X5 Pro is available for 11-12k (processor upgrade, everything same). X5 is a fantastic mobile at such less price. Only thing against it is, your friends may say its a chinese mobile.

OP
A

axe

Broken In
ace = absolute crap mobile. outdated processor. explorer beats it. wait for new range of Sony mobile. Else do check Huawei IDEOS X5 U8800 or X5 Pro. X5 is available for 9k whereas X5 Pro is available for 11-12k (processor upgrade, everything same). X5 is a fantastic mobile at such less price. Only thing against it is, your friends may say its a chinese mobile.

thanks for advice bro. just one query, i was not going towards Micromax A-100 just because of its bad after sales service and user reciews stating that MMX devices start troubling after few months and end up being a piece of trash. Can Huawei be trusted in compare to international brands for performance, service and built quality? pls reply soon as i need to buy a phone by monday.

guru_urug

iGoogle

X5 is definitely good for the price, unbeatable SOC in that range. But the miro offers some nifty additional features like usb OTG, wifi-direct, front cam etc.

@OP did u purchase the phone already? If you want reputed brand then wait for the Miro or Tipo. Else buy the xperia mini from saholic @ 10299/-
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Price in India | ST15i Specifications, Features and Reviews

Coupon code will get it below 10k.

OP
A

axe

Broken In
X5 is definitely good for the price, unbeatable SOC in that range. But the miro offers some nifty additional features like usb OTG, wifi-direct, front cam etc.

@OP did u purchase the phone already? If you want reputed brand then wait for the Miro or Tipo. Else buy the xperia mini from saholic @ 10299/-
Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Price in India | ST15i Specifications, Features and Reviews

Coupon code will get it below 10k.

thanks guru bro. i havent bought yet. but need to purchase it by monday. pls tell me is huawei a reputed brand with good after-sales service and quality product? is it better then micromax.
i am confused between MMX A-100, Samsung Galaxy Ace, Motorola Defy Plus and now this huawei X5:oops:
i need a device that should last atleast 15-18 months without major faults and service issues.
thanks in advance.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks for advice bro. just one query, i was not going towards Micromax A-100 just because of its bad after sales service and user reciews stating that MMX devices start troubling after few months and end up being a piece of trash. Can Huawei be trusted in compare to international brands for performance, service and built quality? pls reply soon as i need to buy a phone by monday.

cheap mobiles do. highend ones doesn't cause most are rebranded ZTE and Huawei mobile. Also all mobile give trouble. community help comes really handly there like XDA. Just the after sale service is extremely poor so if you can keep the mobile in one piece, go ahead but if something goes wrong, its money wasted.

thanks guru bro. i havent bought yet. but need to purchase it by monday. pls tell me is huawei a reputed brand with good after-sales service and quality product? is it better then micromax.
i am confused between MMX A-100, Samsung Galaxy Ace, Motorola Defy Plus and now this huawei X5:oops:
i need a device that should last atleast 15-18 months without major faults and service issues.
thanks in advance.

Many of the mobile sold in US and UK (carrier branded) are Huawei mobiles. They have came a long way. Just do a simple check if there is Huawei service center in your place so that if you ever face any problem you don't have problem getting your mobile fixed. Huawei >>> Micromax, Spice, etc. Huawei makes mobile and offers update, micromax, spice, etc sell them under their own brand so technical or after sale service is zero.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Authorized Service Centre - Huawei Device India - Huawei Smartphones / Feature Phones

^^Check here to see if there is a Huawei service center in your city. I agree with sam, Huawei is a good brand is in China. Its the worlds largest telecom equipment manufacturer. The IDEOS series especially has done well overseas.

The X5 has xda support also..so that should be helpful.
Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 - xda-developers
REVIEW : *www.youtube.com/watch?v=7deJFAkruOE

Would like to point out that, the Huawei x5 has been there in the market for a while now and it wont get official Jellybean for sure so you will have to rely on the xda community. The new Sony phones will be officially updated to 4.1

Last edited:
OP
A

axe

Broken In
thanks to all u buddies, for your generous help and advice. u all were very much helpful. i am glad to have been arrived and now a member of this board.
I have convinced my father for lil more budget upto 13-14k :-o
now please tell me should i go with Motorola Defy Plus OR Sony Xperia U. or is there any other good phone in this range
Thanks in advance friends

techlover

In the zone
Sam bro, Xperia U is available at around 13.5k and Neo V at 14.5 @ ebay. is it ok to purchase products from there?

please check whether they come with manufacturers warranty or not .. these low prices are mainly for mobiles with dealers warranty ....i suggest to always prefer phones with manufacturers warranty :)

Top Bottom