Need mobile for internet usage in the range of 15-17k

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
It seems to be a good option but considering moto defy and this model...
which will be good....

Nokia C7 - Great camera and AMOLED screen
Motorola Defy - Bigger screen, better resolution (though bigger screen compensate that), more RAM, better processor, more rugged and android (i mean great availability of apps)
*didn't mentioned Gorilla Glass protection cuz both phone have that, so that cancel out :)

pauldmps

Banned
^^gsmarena has listed scratch resistant gorilla glass. check the specs.

@Baker: if you want better camera and amoled screen go for c7 else go for defy. also in most cases i find nokia devices to be suitable for rough handling.

I found it. It seems that Nokia is not advertising this feature as other brands are doing.

vishurocks

Journeyman
If u r determined to spend 18k then forget c7 just get a defy. It is made for rough handlers. It is also water resistant, what else u want dude. But as per ur requirements i will also suggest u to get a c5 for 7k or if u want qwerty then get a e5 for 10k. I think e5 suits u best

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
hmm , what all the difference between e5 and other similiar nokia models like e71 and e72...

pauldmps

Banned
^^ E5 is new, E71 & E72 are outdated models. E5 has better build quality & is cheaper too.

Still not worth the hard-earned money.

prakashr85

Journeyman
Man you may get defy over nokia because its highly durable than all nokia phones also water resistant upto 30 min in 1 meter depth and also dust proof has larger screen for better mobile browsing experience and also most of the nokia phones doesnt charge via usb but all moto phones will charge via usb that enables you stay connected with gprs/3g with pc without battery drains out as it charges via usb. But i am not sure about the newer nokia phones whether it will charge via pc usb connection.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
^^ E5 is new, E71 & E72 are outdated models. E5 has better build quality & is cheaper too.

Still not worth the hard-earned money.

hmm i think i can conclude on e5...
thank u guys...

one more doubt.. it is 3g supported right....

red dragon

Master troll
Mostly it is not dependent on hardware,but yes can get memory errors at times specially with flash heavy pages.
BTW,I bought an E5 couple of days ago.It is the same old nokia fair,well built with a great battery AND the pathetic o.s.But I must say it is a good vfm phone,it would have been great if it had a better display.

OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
Mostly it is not dependent on hardware,but yes can get memory errors at times specially with flash heavy pages.
BTW,I bought an E5 couple of days ago.It is the same old nokia fair,well built with a great battery AND the pathetic o.s.But I must say it is a good vfm phone,it would have been great if it had a better display.

how you are comparing it wil E72 or e71...... , is it worth to spend 5k extra for e72 than e5

pauldmps

Banned
I can't understand why you are still insisting on those outdated models which are almost out of market. You have been suggested the Motorola Defy, Nokia E5 & C7 according to your needs & budget. But it seems that you have set your mind in buying either E71 or E72. This defeats the purpose of asking for suggestions here. Go with whatever you like & help clear out Nokia's old stocks.

UPDATE: It seems that both the E71 & E72 are out of stock on Flipkart.com. As I have already said, those phones are outdated & had been discontinued a long ago. Good luck finding it in the market. Also don't get offended if the shopkeeper laughs at you when you ask him for these phones.

Last edited:
OP
Baker

Baker

Albicelestes
^^ aye aye sir.....

recently [4 months back] my friend brought e72.. and it is really cool thats why i just asked again....

pauldmps

Banned
Do I have to tell you that 4 months is a really long time in the world of technology ?

And what "cool" thing did you find on the phone ?

P.S:- If you think S60 (not even S^3) is cool, then you'll have a heart-attack out of excitement if you use Android.

utkarsh009

In the zone
Do I have to tell you that 4 months is a really long time in the world of technology ?

And what "cool" thing did you find on the phone ?

P.S:- If you think S60 (not even S^3) is cool, then you'll have a heart-attack out of excitement if you use Android.

+1 for that. android is much better than s60.

Soumik

Padawan
I think Android is far better than any symbian phone(even C7 or N8) if your primary usage is going to be internet surfing. If you're not gonna watch movies on the phone, no use of having an AMOLED display either.
Defy or the cheaper galaxy series is anyday better than Symbian phones. And if you want querty keyboard, there's galaxy 551, and X10 mini pro. Moto charm and flip are also there, but not sure how good they are. For a little over your budget, there's moto milestone, which am sure is a good phone.

Correct me if i am wrong, In our country, 3G internet speed is still limited by the operators, rather than the hardware of the phones. So, as far as speed goes (leaving memory and browser issues aside) cheapest 3G phones available now, shouldnt fare much worse than the costliest ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom