Need help to buy a Bicycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gursimran

WebDev :)
Guy Simple Hero Jet, Neelam or Atlas.....
These crappies are not comfortable and durable....

it will cost only 2k to 2.5k

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
I ride a Hero street racer, it's nice looking and comfortable to ride, when I bought it it was around 3k. It's still working fine even after 3-4 accidents, including one with a scooter :D

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
I checked out those links, lucky_star.But they only contain BSA and Hercules.I prefer any brand and a large choice,that site is awesome,But I'll wait for others to list their opinions too.I also heard Raleigh is an awesome brand.Many of those guys on street have Raleigh.

Is the one Pathik suggested the best for me?.Because it looks sexy.And yeah, which is a good bike store in Mumbai ( I live in Goregaon) but I am ready to travel.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I had gone to a shop here which kept China made bicycles. The have got all those frills like multispeed gears, digital speedometer, lamps, indicators etc etc. But some of them are costly than indian ones.

praka123

left this forum longback
I checked out those links, lucky_star.But they only contain BSA and Hercules.I prefer any brand and a large choice,that site is awesome,But I'll wait for others to list their opinions too.I also heard Raleigh is an awesome brand.Many of those guys on street have Raleigh.

Is the one Pathik suggested the best for me?.Because it looks sexy.And yeah, which is a good bike store in Mumbai ( I live in Goregaon) but I am ready to travel.

@dracula: check this forum for bikerz :-
*bikeszone.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=098c61736cb30075643776c8f76f3295

I just asked a shop here- Raleigh England cycles are now not available.
But we had one.the smoothest drive.drive ease for common bicycle is like this :-
Raleigh>ATLAS>BSA>Hero>Hercules. Hercules is for load! :D

read this:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raleigh_(bicycle)

and see! it is still available on UK :- remember Raleigh brand was available for past 60 yrs or so in India:)
*www.raleigh.co.uk/media/bikes/large/SAV1806M.jpg
it is available in India @
*www.hypercityindia.com/Product.asp?id=9

Last edited:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Some one stole my Raleigh 9 years back. It was 19 years old then (earlier, used to be my dad's). It was still good and had good riding position. Still miss it.

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Awesome!.Thanks Praka and everyone.I did a LOT of research on cycles and I think my usage would be handled by a hybrid bike.I think.But any bike suggested is welcome.I checked out Raleigh site and its available in Mumbai in Hypercity :DDD.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
how about Hero Hawk?
*bp3.blogger.com/_2UNXmq0cnyw/Rr7tCRlmnnI/AAAAAAAAAEA/9gDssMiXGSw/s320/hero-hawk.jpg

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^:D

Dont go for Hawk or Mach if the roads are not smooth.
I hav Mach but it requires a lot of maintenance.

Instead get Herlcules MTB or ATB, robust bikes. I sold my Hercules MTB to get Mach...lol

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Hmm racing bikes.Can't be ridden on irregular terrain,their thin tyres might screw up.Everybody knows what kind of terrain India has :p

+1 for Firefox Cycles...

and ppl, plz dnt give him suggestions like going for the bike...everyone knows how much a bike costs and how much a cycle.he is nt a fool .at the moment he wants a cycle..let him go for it...price is secondary thing...preference is primary.

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Don't be scared of the terrain, those ATBs are no-worry stuff. "All Terrain Bikes" :)

You just haven't cycled on Indian footpaths yet, its a blissful feeling ;)

I've done lots of stupid stuff with my Ezy. Worst was pushing the tyre lock in while driving fast. I flew, yes I did, and lost 3 spokes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom