Need help to buy a Bicycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Raleigh's start from 11k??!!!!.Man, I am no professional cyclist or something.Will just ride it regularly near my area.That is TOO much for a cycle.And each kid near my area has Raleigh >_>.Rich kids.Or maybe they have those cheap models with less features and they bought Raleigh just for its brand name.Maybe.Still confused lol.Thinking of increasing budget upto 7-8 k.

praka123

left this forum longback
@Dracula:I quoted the price at that Bombay wala Mall :)

I am sure those Raleigh's commonly used wont go higher than 4K may be :)
But no friggin' dealer are ready to deliver it here.although they acknowledge the brand is NOT dead in India :lol:

are u residing in Bombay?here is one bike I found for Rs2600 Raleigh :D
*hypercityargos.com/images/argosimages/100096997HA02-X1.jpg

well,seems they got home delivery also? :confused:

*hypercityargos.com/webapp/wcs/stor...8&categoryId=11508&heroProduct=true&sub=true#

OK?

Last edited:
OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Yes Praka, I reside in Bombay, and Hypercity is like 5 km distance from here.Currently checking out the site you mentioned.I heard somewhere Hypercity import's those cycles from South Africa.The lowest price which I saw (After converting the currency) was approximately 9k.That's quite a hole in the pocket for me.

praka123

left this forum longback
No,it is wrong,lowest is available for 2.5 k onwards,check the site top area,it list 3 pages!
Displaying: 1 to 10 of 29 Page: 1 2 3 See all
^check there!lot of bikes :D ,top one is for Rs.1.5 Lakhs :shock:

*hypercityargos.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Hmm,thanks.I'm going to buy my bike on Tuesday.Will have to decide everything before Tuesday.Was supposed to buy today,but was very confused.Brakes,Gears and all that.Which type of breaks are the best?, I mean like in order , i.e Disc>V>Caliper for instance.

EDIT: Now some forums say that getting a Raleigh may not be the best idea,because of after sales service issues.

praka123

left this forum longback
bicycle spares are almost the same :D,most classic cycles are made by TI Cycle company,hero or atlas.

aah...btw @dracula:Atlas is a good brand...try to find one :) I think it is available locally.
here is the link:
*www.atlascyclesonepat.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom