Need help for new PC on 4th may....

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Lowest quadro I saw was around 7K few months back...

even I don't think games will run, only old Games may be..

as pro cards go for accuracy and gaming cards go for Speed (FPS)...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
PRO cards come with official signed / licensed drivers which guarantee artifact free render while working on 3D. You cannot game on them.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
nope, they may run as running crysis on 8-10 year old card...........
moreover pro cards are very costly..........

oh. is it cause of the drivers mainly? i think the GPU on a pro card is same as gaming card. just drivers are different. is it so?

Lowest quadro I saw was around 7K few months back...

even I don't think games will run, only old Games may be..

as pro cards go for accuracy and gaming cards go for Speed (FPS)...

highest priced Pro card i seen is this.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think Sam is right. I was also reading an old article where this fact was mentioned and also they described a way to hack the bios of an normal ATi card to accept it the drivers for the FIreGL cards.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, the BIOS can be hacked. But it is a mixed bag. Would you want to hack the BIOS of such an expensive board. Their are design differences pertaining to memory and shader processors, bus widths.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Yes, the BIOS can be hacked. But it is a mixed bag. Would you want to hack the BIOS of such an expensive board. Their are design differences pertaining to memory and shader processors, bus widths.

u telling opposite. Cilus trying to tell is a Radeon card, like HD4650. its bios can be hacked to fit in the bios of a FireGL card so it accepts the driver.

and its not expensive at all, atleast not for the guys usually working with the Über expensive hardware.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
955 BE braceup for the noisy HSF. Even after the replacement of my HSF, its noisy. Frankly speaking when i am spending 8K on a processor, i dont expect to hear any noise atleast at ilde to 50% usage.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ which AMD series u r talkin about?
oh the previous phenom series sucks

Athlon II X4 is equal to Core2Quad 8 series. Phenom II X4's are equal or more powerful to Core2Quad 9 series, even the Extreme Editions. Phenom II X6 is better than all i5's & can match the i7 920-930. rest are still out of AMD's reach.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
u telling opposite. Cilus trying to tell is a Radeon card, like HD4650. its bios can be hacked to fit in the bios of a FireGL card so it accepts the driver.

and its not expensive at all, atleast not for the guys usually working with the Über expensive hardware.

What ever Sam. Even if I said it opposite, you did not get the essence. We are suggesting a BIOS hack. Most people I know, sh$$ their pants just to 'update' mother board BIOS, and here we are suggesting a GPU BIOS hack. If it goes incorrect and renders the accelerator defunct (be it PRO or gaming), will you have the capability or resources to reverse the changes..? That is why I am totally against BIOS hacks. Be it saving money. If you have done it personally, please update us with a nice guide. Will bring more confidence to your post. It is quite easy to recommend vs. keep hardware safety checks in control.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
What ever Sam. Even if I said it opposite, you did not get the essence. We are suggesting a BIOS hack. Most people I know, sh$$ their pants just to 'update' mother board BIOS, and here we are suggesting a GPU BIOS hack. If it goes incorrect and renders the accelerator defunct (be it PRO or gaming), will you have the capability or resources to reverse the changes..? That is why I am totally against BIOS hacks. Be it saving money. If you have done it personally, please update us with a nice guide. Will bring more confidence to your post. It is quite easy to recommend vs. keep hardware safety checks in control.

rightly told :razz:. well till date only once i seen a Bios Hack, in a review on Tom's Hardware (OC something like HD4870X2). porting a Asus GPU bios on some gigabyte/sapphire board to use Asus OC utility (maybe voltage tweaker). in real life, peoples will wet their pant many times even thinking about hacking into a mobo bios, forget GPU bios.

Piyush

Lanaya
GPU BIOS hack!!!
man!! the last time heard about it was 2 years back
not recommended to any1 who r not experts
it requires some f###ing good skills;-)
lol..
asingh....u must have made some guys do s#!t in their pants

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
I will be doing a GPU hack pretty soon, for my two Radeons. Using RBE. It is quite systematic. My GPU memory chips always run at 1000Mhz, so the VRAMS are hot. Need to correct that. Will update you all. The issue is that the accelerator can be rendered useless if done incorrectly, and then one cannot see the screen to reverse the initial BIOS unless you have IGP, or you have 2 accelerators like I do. So will do it one board at a time. If I mess up one, then I put that as the 2nd card, and use the first card as display, and correct the botched one...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom