Need help building rig (30k)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming, future studies.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 30,000 INR

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Professional

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I already have a 250GB hard disk, but more would be nice.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. 20 inches , 1600 x 900

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Hard Disk (preferably), Mouse, Keyboard, Optical Drive.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 1-1.5 months.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bhubaneswar, buying locally would be preferable, online buying is also an option.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nope.

cyn!de

Broken In
As you want to overclock, AMD rig will be more suitable for you

So get these
AMD Phenom x4 965-6.3k
Gigabyte MA880GM-USB3-5.2k
CORSAIR/GSKILL 1600 Mhz ram(4gb)-1.5k
Corsair cx430v2/FSP SAGA 500W-2.5K
NZXT GAMMA-2.4K
MSI HD6850 1GB Cyclone PE @
Total-27.7k

If you want you can add cooler like
CM HYPER 212 EVO-2K

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
Won't a 955 be enough ? I won't overclock too much, maybe just a couple mhz. I would like to spend the remaining amount on a better gfx card.

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
Thanks for the suggestion but is it really necessary to overclock ? I just want my system to be future-proof. If my system will be good for 3-4 years then I won't overclock because I don't know ABC about overclocking.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
The difference btween 955 n 965 is very small in performance and money,i think.today ive just ordered the 965 from flipkart which is abt 6.33k whereas the 955 @ 6.5k .Wtf?

Cilus

laborare est orare
ArjunKiller, you should have bought the processor earlier. Now the price of Phenom II 965 has been again increased to 6.8K whereas 955 is retailing at 6.5K in Flipkart.
And regarding Graphics card, You can get the Palit GTX 560 OC 1GB GDDR5 @ 10.7K in here: Palit NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 OC 1GB GDDR5 Graphic Card - GTX560 OC 1GB.
Performance wise it is slightly better than HD 6870. Also spend 0.5K more in PSU to get Corsair CX500 V2 or Tagan Stonerock TG-500 PSU for keeping some upgrade headroom in future.

bibinjohn

Journeyman
Price of 955 BE in itwares.com rs 6050

*www.theitwares.com/phenom-black-ed...che-socket-125w-quadcore-processor-p-653.html

Price of 965 BE in SMC international

AMD Phenom II X4 965 (Black Edition)

Price of 970 BE in Primeabgb

Buy AMD Phenom II X4 970 BE Processor in Mumbai India

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
If you ain't gonna gonna OC, then you can get i3 2100, it's a Dual Core but still is par to OC'd 955 BE. 2400 is good if you can afford it, but will be lot more expensive then your current budget. You'll have an option to go for 2500K in future if you go for a 1155 socket.

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, get i5-2400 if you are gonna buy from BBSR. You wont find Phenom-II X4s here. But you can buy it from flipkart with COD. If you are OK with other online stores with online transaction, then its fine.
Intel i5-2400 here costs 9.8k. And for board get a H61 board to keep the prices under ur budget. Else get the Intel DH67VR-B3 for 4.7k (if available here).

Here is my suggestion:
* Intel i5-2400 -- 9.8k
* Intel DH67VR-B3 -- 4.7k
* Corsair Value RAM 4GB DDR3 -- 1.2k
* Corsair CX-500v2 -- 3.1k
Total ---- 18.8k
These are some latest pricing info i had collected around 2-3 weeks back. You can very well get these here.
You just need a cabinet and gfx card.
So, a good cabinet will cost around 2k-2.5k. And that too you will have to order online as you wont find any good brand here. Only good brand available here is Cooler Master and AFAIK they have only some very high models that cost around 5k (and onwards).

Graphics Card brands available here are Asus, MSI, Palit, Sapphire and XFX. Asus is readily available. For other brands you have to contact the dealer and the distributor.
A good graphics card will cost around 11k (like the one mentioned above by Cilus).
So, the grand total comes to 18.8k+2.5k+11k i.e 31.8k (32k rounding)

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
Thank you saswat. Could you give me your contact number if i need any further help. By the way, what do you suggest, i5 or 955? I can extend the budget to 32k if needed.

Mr. Officer

Rookie

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. 20 inches , 1600 x 900

Guys??? You forgot to give him a monitor as well??? The op wanted a 20" monitor...

The question answered by OP is two folds (a) No (b) he already has a 20" @ 1600X900 [720p] :smile:

Top Bottom