Need For Speed: The Run

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
How's the performance of the game in PC apart from the frame rate cap? Lags or anything? And graphics?

A future patch might unlock the frame cap:-

Need For Speed: The Run; Black Box might remove the FPS cap via a future patch | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming
Not too happy with the performance - slowdowns here and there tend to ruin the experience. It's presented very well though

aniket.cain

Padawan
I didn't face any slowdowns. But the game crashed a couple of times. However when it ran, it ran very smoothly with all the settings at ultra. Didn't check the frame-rates though. Unfortunately, mine wasn't the limited edition, so couldn't drive 1 car I really wanted to drive. :(

clmlbx

Technomancer
guys Problem.. Game keeps on loading (black screen with animated icon in Top right) nothing happens after that.. any one experienced it..

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
I started it yesterday and first impressions were good. The game world feels good once again. :D
Gonna play it alongside Skyrim for time-pass. :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Completed the game this morning and I loved it. The final race was an adrenaline rush, but was highly scripted and was less challenging. The sound effects of this game were brilliant. Storyline was decent. Location variety and graphics were amazing. Addition of the 'Reset' feature was definitely a boon for novices like me. ;)

So this definitely gets my vote for providing a thrill ride and proving to be a good addition of the franchise. :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Finished, run time 2 hrs 25 mins. Normal mode.
This is the most unstable game I've ever played. In places it was awesome that nothing can beat it, and in some places it's very kiddish and irritating. Some bugs were there too, like KB controls got reset sometimes, Game crashed twice, at the last race don't know what happened Fraps got exited by it's own from the game!
The last race was meaningless too, you just have to keep the car running and survive the train lines and the shipping dock(or whatever that is) and you'll be closed down to the rival automatically and all you have to do is just keep accelerating for last less than 1 km.
The thing which I hated most is the Reset time limit and Try Again options. How nonsense it is that you can't restart a race more than five times, yes it will be needed hardly but still. And that Try Again pop up and cracking sky sound along with it is pretty weird and stupid, kiddish obviously. As usual this is the smallest game I've played this far.
Overall I liked it, especially the dodging of helicopter bullets, cars and that ice falling stage was awesome. The music environment throughout the game was very good too, as Sam said it was like Hollywood movies. And I also like the man to man/police chases, it was pretty fun in intervals.
I'd give this a 6.5/10.
My favorite remained the HP anyway.

BTW- Whatever you do don't take that idiotic Pagani for the last race, the controlling of the car is disgusting, even when it's say Normal, IMO it felt like Challenging. Don't know why I couldn't take some cars, got said, needed Limited Edition or Signature Edition! Oops, what edition did I run? :D

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^^ Well too bad for you, bad rip I guess .... I had no such problem at all, certainly no bugs what so ever. ...... :)
Well it wasn't a rip but a full version! Did you play Limited Edition or something like that?
Now I am playing it for fun, selecting stages manually, and now I can chose some cars which was locked during the main gameplay. I think driver level has something to do with it. When I finished I was on Level 11, I guess it wasn't enough to unlock some/all cars.
Continuing the Challenging mode and playing the main game stages with different cars, it's more fun now :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
Yesterday at last I made it working..what is the size of installation Directory who got full version.. I am much more casual Gamer.. I play once in week so(I don't think I will even finish this Game.). I got myself a rip (4.7Gb). Mine installation Directory (or say Extraction Directory) is 15.3GB.. .

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^^ I have a question for you guys:
Did any of you get to drive the Aventador?
Which one is that?

Yesterday at last I made it working..what is the size of installation Directory who got full version.. I am much more casual Gamer.. I play once in week so(I don't think I will even finish this Game.). I got myself a rip (4.7Gb). Mine installation Directory (or say Extraction Directory) is 15.3GB.. .
My installation folder is 17.1 GB.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Which one is that?

Have you completed the game? If not, then don't read it, as it might be a spoiler to some.
In the last stage of the career, you have to choose between 3 cars after the Helicopter shootout scene ends. 1 is a Pagani, 1 is a Porsche, and the 3rd is a Lamborghini Avantador. Were you able to select the Aventador?

clmlbx

Technomancer
17GB..hmm. dunno what is missing in Mine.. Most probably Languages and videos must be shrinked so not bad.. got almost everything and with size of 4.7 GB .. Only problem is it takes 90 mins to install(extract) on my system at least. stiil not bad enjoying it even my frontech game Pad works with it.. ..Just it shows it as a Wheel.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Have you completed the game? If not, then don't read it, as it might be a spoiler to some.
In the last stage of the career, you have to choose between 3 cars after the Helicopter shootout scene ends. 1 is a Pagani, 1 is a Porsche, and the 3rd is a Lamborghini Avantador. Were you able to select the Aventador?
I wouldn't have replied if I didn't finish!
Anyway, I took the Pagani, and frankly I forgot if I could select the Lamborghini or not, but from common sense I can say it wasn't available as I wouldn't select the crap Pagani then.

17GB..hmm. dunno what is missing in Mine.. Most probably Languages and videos must be shrinked so not bad.. got almost everything and with size of 4.7 GB .. Only problem is it takes 90 mins to install(extract) on my system at least. stiil not bad enjoying it even my frontech game Pad works with it.. ..Just it shows it as a Wheel.
90 mins? That's so boring dude.
Btw- How did you make that cool siggy dude?

Top Bottom