Need for Speed Most Wanted reboot

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
whats the difference apart from spelling?

Hell lotsa difference. Does Spider-Man 1 and The Amazing Spider-Man (which is going to release) look even similar?

Reboot is the same base but approaching it differently. Remake's copy-paste w/ new graphics.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yup.I got it :).
Will surely get this :).Please NFS Dont screw this game up.
Guys just saying.
Like you know NFS MW.Could run on any computer without a GFX card.But will NFS MW reboot run?
anyways i am looking forward for an NFS game after many many years

d3p

PowerHouse
The Main Reason of NFS Mostwanted was an EPIC hit

1). Nice Plot
2). Gameplay.
3). Open World
4). Varieties of Cars & also Customization from Tuning to Looks
5). Soundtracks [seriously well made]

6). Obviously COPS & their Activities.

We just hope, the NEW one will be upto the mark with DX11 & also with Criterion.

Sujeet

Undead!!!

1). Nice Plot
2). Gameplay.
3). Open World
5). Soundtracks [seriously well made]

We just hope, the NEW one will be upto the mark with DX11 & also with Criterion.
Ctiterions Renderware tech as seen in burnout paradise is retarded...even EA agrees over that.

But as seen earlier most probably this time too EA wont let Criterion use Renderware for their NFS Titles as wae the case with NFS:HP 2010.

If Chameleon engine of NFS-HP comes into play then maybe we may be greeted with eye candies similar to NFS-HP..We know it looked great.

Still use of DX11 features in a original EA Title beyond the scope of DICE is long awaited.

BTW NFS The Run sucked even on Frostbite 2...Frostbite 2 is optimised for FPS Games similar to Cryengine .

Last edited:
OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
BTW NFS The Run sucked even on Frostbite 2...Frostbite 2 is optimised for FPS Games similar to Cryengine .

Nothing like that, there are some successful mmo's based on CryEngine and EA is using FB2 for Dead Space 3 and CnC Generals 2, so it all comes to how the developer uses the engine.

BTW NFS The Run sucked even on Frostbite 2..

That was probably because of the PC version of Battlefield 3, kinda created a benchmark for FB2 based games. But RUN was good for what it tried to do, huge vistas, destruction, lighting...
Yeah the gameplay sucked and the interactive cut scenes made no sense, but you can't blame the engine for that.

3). Open World

These two are enough for me to buy the game :D

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer

Recent NFS games have been console focused, I mean they really don't need to add the extra PC features. They can, but they gotta spend more time on getting it work right.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Nothing like that, there are some successful mmo's based

Man. Sometimes you talk so random..your posts makes no sense at all.

MMO is a Gameplay based Genre like RPG.

FPS is a Player View based Genre similar to TPS.

We can have FPS/TPS game as RPG as in mass effect (TPS-RPG),borderlands(FPS-RPG) etc.

Clear your confusion over categorization of Games on Genre and content.

BTW i could have ripped apart the CrySDK Documentation to support my statement about cryengine being made primarily for FPS.

I think this heads up from wikipedia page will be more than enough for now.

Nothing like that, there are some successful mmo's based on CryEngine and EA is using FB2 for Dead Space 3 and CnC Generals 2, so it all comes to how the developer uses the engine.

Ever heard UE3 being used for making Arcade RACING games or A studio licensing Cryengine 3 for a RTS?

Optimization and "Target" is the key in Gaming Industry.

Every engine every platform and every hardware has its own Limitations AND advantages.Thats a fact.

You can cut an apple with an axe but will you?

"Suitability and Feasibility" are the driving factors.

Cryengine 1 was made exclusively for FPS.

With Cryengine 2 and release of Sandbox Editor the Modding community boomed up and Cryengine came as a Commercial Product.

With the release of Cryengine 3 and New Cryengine SDK 3.X Crytek has tried remove the limitations on Developers while developing games so that it can achieve the target of Greater Licensing Clients.

But the fact is that Cryengine SDK bounds the user in a fixed set of Features which are more "suitable" for applying in FPS or a TPS maybe, than any other type/Genre of Games.

CrySDK's cap on Creative freedom within the editor(Cryengine SDK's Level Editor) makes it fall way behind the UDK.

UDK has much broader scope of the Game Type possible,all that at ease.

In nutshell UDK-Running on UE3 is far more Commercial and End-Product for the Normal developers than Cryengine SDK running on Cryengine 3.

With a team of 3-4 members it is possible to finish a Game on UDK but with such a small team working CrySDK all you can do is make some lustrous Mods for Existing Crysis Games.

Thats just a pointer on the Limitation posed by Cryengine or any Game engine while the actual development.

I have previously worked with a small team of enthusiast students on a UDK Project for creating the Art assets.So i know that.

That was probably because of the PC version of Battlefield 3, kinda created a benchmark for FB2 based games. But RUN was good for what it tried to do, huge vistas, destruction, lighting...
Yeah the gameplay sucked and the interactive cut scenes made no sense, but you can't blame the engine for that.

Did i say,DICE f u or EA f u , for creating a engine like Frostbite which cant be used for making good Arcade Racing Games like NFS:MW.??:-?

Last edited:
OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Ever heard UE3 being used for making Arcade RACING games or A studio licensing Cryengine 3 for a RTS?

There's one called FireBurst using UE.
I haven't seen any RTS games using CryEngine but I'm sure its perfectly possible to make one, seen a few dudes making RTS control systems(which were pretty terrific btw) over at the Cry-mod/dev forums..so is it possible? definitely yes, even if the engine was primarily used for a FPS's earlier.

Source engine was always used for making first person games, but hey! that same engine was used to make a Hack n Slash MMO, and the same engine is now being used for DOTA2, which has a camera view thats almost similar to any RTS(though they d require some tiny modifications/tweaks).

EGO engine which almost everybody would think can only be used for racing games, was used for two Operation Flashpoint games and bodycount, and they were great!

IDtech3 was a game engine primarily used by ID software for making FPS-only games(what else were they good at anyway :p ) and it was also used for making a third person platformer games like "American McGee's Alice", the new one used UE btw which was a great game ;)

Yeah most of the game engines we re talking about were made specifically to cater whatever game they re being used for, in the initial stages, like CE for FC, UE for UT, IDtech for Doom/Wolf etc.

BUT ALL I'M TALKING ABOUT IS POSSIBILITY. Nothing more than that :)

Did i say,DICE f u or EA f u , for creating a engine like Frostbite which cant be used for making good Arcade Racing Games like NFS:MW.??:-?

err no, you said NFS The Run sucked(it didn't) even on Frostbite 2.
That's pretty much like saying, even FB2 couldn't save the game :|

I have previously worked with a small team of enthusiast students on a UDK Project for creating the Art assets.So i know that.

Nice to know that man. I'm an Animator (student) :D
So you work as a full time artist or just a hobby?

Man. Sometimes you talk so random..your posts makes no sense at all.

LOL. What is in that statement that makes you so confused? AION was an MMO base on CryEngine, how does it play? pretty much like any other RPG or an MMORPG like WoW. What engine did they use? cryengine which blah blah blah again used an engine which was primarily used to make FPS's.

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
There's one called FireBurst using UE.
I haven't seen any RTS games using CryEngine but I'm sure its perfectly possible to make one, seen a few dudes making RTS control systems(which were pretty terrific btw) over at the Cry-mod/dev forums..so is it possible? definitely yes, even if the engine was primarily used for a FPS's earlier.

Source engine was always used for making first person games, but hey! that same engine was used to make a Hack n Slash MMO, and the same engine is now being used for DOTA2, which has a camera view thats almost similar to any RTS(though they d require some tiny modifications/tweaks).

EGO engine which almost everybody would think can only be used for racing games, was used for two Operation Flashpoint games and bodycount, and they were great!

IDtech3 was a game engine primarily used by ID software for making FPS-only games(what else were they good at anyway :p ) and it was also used for making a third person platformer games like "American McGee's Alice", the new one used UE btw which was a great game ;)

Yeah most of the game engines we re talking about were made specifically to cater whatever game they re being used for, in the initial stages, like CE for FC, UE for UT, IDtech for Doom/Wolf etc.

BUT ALL I'M TALKING ABOUT IS POSSIBILITY. Nothing more than that :)

err no, you said NFS The Run sucked(it didn't) even on Frostbite 2.
That's pretty much like saying, even FB2 couldn't save the game :|

Nice to know that man. I'm an Animator (student) :D
So you work as a full time artist or just a hobby?

LOL. What is in that statement that makes you so confused? AION was an MMO base on CryEngine, how does it play? pretty much like any other RPG or an MMORPG like WoW. What engine did they use? cryengine which blah blah blah again used an engine which was primarily used to make FPS's.

I am a 3D Deeigner(i have started it as a part time job when i was in class 11) and have been designing my own game concepts for some time now.

Have worked on very small 3d short film projects and game protypes with teams of students.

Lately i applied for Game Design.course in DSK Supinfocom and got selected by clearing the entrance exam.

New acadmeic session will start from august.

So lulz time for now.:)

BTW the RTS game project..actually its a tutorial IMO on cry forums is nothing sort of terrific but not bad either.

The guy involved in that Game is a big show off i must say...!

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz

1). Nice Plot
2). Gameplay.
3). Open World
5). Soundtracks [seriously well made]-Obviously

Well Said Bro,Razor,Taz,kaze,sonny I still remember the black list:-D left the game play in the mid im still having it:razz:
The Game play experience will definitely change with DX11

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
ME!! just for this game :D

And.....no car customization :( :( no buying!! :evil: YEAH FCK YOU EA!!

Well I gave up on this game, just another NFS title :(
no customization, no speed breaker...two things that actually made most wanted what it is.

Last edited:

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
duh....

Confused :

Need For Speed Twitter : "Most Wanted will have performance upgrades and how you personalize your roll out is up to you. We'll have more info soon!"

The name of this Game should Have been Burnout 4 with Need For Speed Friends..

Top Bottom