Need For Speed Most Wanted Discussion

Sourabh

Laptoping
EA Announces Need For Speed Most Wanted A New Racer Hits the Streets This November from the Creators of the Critically Acclaimed Need for Speed Underground Series.

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - April 11, 2005 - Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that Need for Speedâ„¢ Most Wanted, from the makers of the hit Need for Speedâ„¢ Underground franchise that has sold more than 15 million copies worldwide, currently is under development at EA Canada. Combining the thrill of illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic police pursuits that rivals any Hollywood-style chase scene, Need for Speed Most Wanted challenges players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer.

Read More: EA Games

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Well, that means the rumors were correct!! MW is indeed the next NFS game. The cops are returning and that should make the game more interesting. I always felt that you racing at high speeds in a city with no cops never made any sense. So EA are now getting smarter with MW.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Cool. Another NFS. Great. 8) Hope to some Ferraris and Lambos this time tough. :roll: And the cops returnin eh...Well I liked the tuning and customization, but till we speed freaks get a NFS dosage no probs :D
Anything will do :lol: Just release it.

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Great news, last time when i played NFS UG2, i wanted my own mp3's to be played when playing the game [ similar to GTA]...but that option was not there, i hope that option be available in NFS:MW.. :)

bharathbala2003

why need title?
so its real after all :D gud goin..

well jus noticed sumthin rather funny.. do EA have sum superstetious belives?? jus chck this..

NFS1
NFS2
NFS3 ( cops )
NFS4
NFS5
NFS6 (cops)
NFS7
NFS8
NFS9 (cops)

am amused a little :wink:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – April 11, 2005 – Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that Need for Speed™ Most Wanted, from the makers of the hit Need for Speed™ Underground franchise that has sold more than 15 million copies worldwide, currently is under development at EA Canada. Combining the thrill of illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic police pursuits that rivals any Hollywood-style chase scene, Need for Speed Most Wanted challenges players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer.
“Out-race your opponents, evade cops and exploit the open world in Need for Speed Most Wanted; street racing doesn’t get any better than this,� said Larry LaPierre, senior producer, EA Canada. "Players instantly will feel the thrill of the ride as they hit the streets in an open world environment where drivers can tune their cars to compete against any class of vehicles or use their wits to out-fox the law to satisfy their need for speed.�

*a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/images.gamezone.com/screens/26/2/58/s26258_pc_1.jpg
Need for Speed Most Wanted delivers a unique, fast-paced and gripping ride in the racing genre as players build up their Rap Sheet and street cred to move their way up the Black List to become the most wanted racer on the streets. Players will go head-to-head with the top drivers on the scene as well as strategically evade more than half dozen cops at any one time. Add in a dynamic open world, new gameplay and customization as well as tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars and Need for Speed Most Wanted will be on every gamer’s “must-have� list.

Developed in Vancouver, B.C. by EA Canada, Need for Speed Most Wanted will be available for a next generation console as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance, PSP™ handheld entertainment system and PC.

source

geek_rohit

In the zone
Need for Speed Most Wanted Adds Intelligence to Police Pursuit
By Micheal Mullen

So there are two types of Need for Speed players that I’ve met. First, there are those that just love high-speed street racing in the fastest cars on the planet. And then there are those that love the thrill of being chased by the police.

Believe it or not, a lot of people love being chased. Whenever I mention that I work with the Need for Speed team, the first thing I hear is, “Please bring back pursuit mode.� For the uninitiated, pursuit mode was first introduced in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and allowed racers a new adrenal boost as they not only fought to out-rev other racers, they had to dodge police pursuits, spike strips, and missile firing helicopters... standard police protocol for any high-speed pursuit.

Yesterday, those same players that have dogged me at any party can rejoice as EA has announced Need for Speed Most Wanted – complete with flashing blues in the rearview mirror.

This is not the same Pursuit Mode you’ve played again and again as you’ve waited for the popular gameplay mode to return. The development team has decided to evolve Pursuit Mode from the realm of bumbling cops trying to pull you over after you’ve smashed into a wall to modern police strategies that are used in real-life high-speed chases (the OJ chase is still an exception to any rule). They even hired chase experts to make it realistic. That means you’re going to have to upgrade your evasion skills too.

Due in November, Need for Speed Most Wanted is a departure from the street whips in Need for Speed Underground 2 but adds the latter game’s best features: open world and customization. From tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars, you’ll be able to build the ride you’re looking for or the ride you’re just dying to have in real life.

New to the series will be the Blacklist, a list of the most wanted racers in the game. As you race through the game your Rap Sheet and street cred moves you up the illicit racing ladder to go head-to-head with other racers or test your skills against up to half a dozen cops looking to ask for your license and registration.

Need for Speed Most Wanted will deliver the fast-paced experience you desire on just about any console you have including a next generation console as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance, PSP™ handheld entertainment system and PC.

We can’t say when in November Need for Speed Most Wanted will arrive but you might want to cancel any events in November just to free up your schedule... school, Thanksgiving, etc.

Source

This means the cops aren't just back, they are back with some brains this time. :lol: But the thing I love is that they have included open world and customization features from NFSU2. This would make it a cross between NFSHP2 and NHSU2. This should make it a great game.
And Blacklist, a list of the most wanted racers in the game; should keep you busy in fighting out with the other WANTEDs :wink:
All in all. Its all worth the wait. :D

sandeeprao

Broken In
so the need for speed series is undergoing a major change with open world and customization.whats next?? nfs ala gta style.??

Kannan

In the zone
I hope NSMW plays on GFX 5750 with 256 MB in good quality. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/confused/busted.gif

I didn't go for Under Ground 2 as the demo was very jerky in my 5750. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/sad/crying.gif

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
Kannan said:
I didn't go for Under Ground 2 as the demo was very jerky in my 5750.

u gotta be kiddin dont u !!

no need to say anything else, u have understood wht i said

LordZeus

Broken In
Kannan said:
I hope NSMW plays on GFX 5750 with 256 MB in good quality. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/confused/busted.gif

I didn't go for Under Ground 2 as the demo was very jerky in my 5750. *members.shaw.ca/wenpigs/sad/crying.gif

lol dude.. i play nfs with all settings set to high( exceptl AA) on my rad 9200 128MB n i get decent frame rates..

Kannan

In the zone
Guys, you all were correct. The game is playable but you have to loose Road Reflection, Light Glow etc to get a decent FPS of around 35 for 1024x768.

Also previously I was trying these Nvidia 7x.xx series of drivers which made the game jerky. Now its ok.

But I am having difficultly in driving the NFS cars. Especially in Sliding at corners. Its damn difficult. But if you play the CMR the cornering is perfect and you can slide easily. (Just hit the hand brakes and slow down the car a little bit. Then Hit the brakes with hand brakes and release and hit the throttle while turning and you are out of corner. Just see the attached video and you will now.)

Also NFS is based on 2-wheel drive cars except for some. Where as CMR is based on 4-wheel drive cars. So driving the cars in CMR is more easy than the NFS ones.

Still I like NFS and have been playing them since NFS 2 to NFS 5. Then a brake, as NFS was getting darker and all the tracks were in almost night and also dark. Also I had a old sys rig and couldn't play NFS 5.

Now with the current system rig I am able to play the NFSU2. But still its not as smooth as CMR 3 or 4.

Take a look at this video capture I have taken in CMR 3. It's a self extracting Password Protected executable of 7 MB in size.
*rapidshare.de/files/1592881/CMR3Finland2.exe.html (Password: Finland )

Those with broad bands try and see the video.

I know its not an option to compare NFS or CMR. Since I play both of them I am comparing.

Tajinder

Broken In
I hope this time we can also play in the day,
as racing in the night all the time gets kind of boring. (after some time)

vs_sriram

3D Artist
yeah...night driving was fun in NFSU1...but NFSU2 sucked in that department....they should've added som day light and cops in it...anyway,NG might be worth the wait :wink: Till then keep playing SRS for some daylight :D

domin8r

Journeyman
Sucks ass, if you ask me. They should've just killed NFS after HP2 bombed. Although UG 1&2 are great, they're really out of ideas, and this shows as they've come out with another pursuit game. And you've to know, like any other EA title, this one will be unfinished, complete with bugs as well. Yawn, what a waste of talent.

Top Bottom